Messi - 2 goals, 2 assists.

Ronaldo - hat trick. When his team were 2-0 down. Against a much better side defensively.

The real GOAT
bQPpHTD.jpg

I'm still a Messi man myself but Ronaldo is the better big game player for me, certainly over recent years.

Got to love a good Messi v Ronaldo dust-up.

For me it’s as simple as Messi produces more moments of jaw-dropping did-I-just-see-that brilliance than the Portugeezer.

Way more in fact, and that’s always what marks out the best in the world in my book.

Greatest of all time?

Nah, that’s still El Diego for me.

Got to love a good Messi v Ronaldo dust-up.

For me it’s as simple as Messi produces more moments of jaw-dropping did-I-just-see-that brilliance than the Portugeezer.

Way more in fact, and that’s always what marks out the best in the world in my book.

Greatest of all time?

Nah, that’s still El Diego for me.

This for me. There’s no wow factor in watching Oblak make a cùnt of the second goal or watching CR7 smash home penalties.

CR7 is a player for the Americanised stat junkies. Messi is a player for the football fans, and he’s no rapist either which is a bonus.

Can’t make up my mind which is the better player just enjoy watching both of them.
I do believe that each of them is the player they are because of the other as they try so hard to outdo each other. Ronaldo scores a hat trick last night Messi scores two and gets two assists tonight.
I hope their rivalry encourages them both to keep playing for years yet.

I've never understood the argument that if Ronaldo wins another CL then he becomes the better player.

It's a team game after all and it's not as if Juve are a bunch of numpties.

In fact there's nothing Ronaldo could do that would convince me he's a better footballer than Messi.

This for me. There’s no wow factor in watching Oblak make a cùnt of the second goal or watching CR7 smash home penalties.

CR7 is a player for the Americanised stat junkies. Messi is a player for the football fans, and he’s no rapist either which is a bonus.
Give the guy a bit of credit for his achievements in football. You always seem to slag ronaldo at every opportunity, can you not just appreciate that the two of them are the two outstanding talents. If I was to chose one it would be messi but I like them both as footballers.

I have to say I haven’t seen the Juve or Barcelona games this week in the CL but both players are amongst the greatest ever. I have no real preference. Both are incredible.

No, we’ll just ignore the fact that in the last 6 years, Ronaldo has won 4 ballon d’Or’s compared to Messi’s 1.

But yeah, no debate at all Messi is the best. So good that he didnt even make the top 3 last year!

Hahahaha, imagine taking the ballon d’Or seriously.

I've never understood the argument that if Ronaldo wins another CL then he becomes the better player.

It's a team game after all and it's not as if Juve are a bunch of numpties.

In fact there's nothing Ronaldo could do that would convince me he's a better footballer than Messi.
Juve are renowned for bottling finals if they get there this season ronaldo no doubt would probably make the difference.

No, we’ll just ignore the fact that in the last 6 years, Ronaldo has won 4 ballon d’Or’s compared to Messi’s 1.

But yeah, no debate at all Messi is the best. So good that he didnt even make the top 3 last year!

Ballon d'Or is a bit of a farce don't you think? I mean Modric won it ffs.

Ronaldo won it for scoring an overhead kick for Madrid as well.

On pretty much every stat recorded, Messi beats Ronaldo.

Ballon d'Or is a bit of a farce don't you think? I mean Modric won it ffs.

Ronaldo won it for scoring an overhead kick for Madrid as well.

On pretty much every stat recorded, Messi beats Ronaldo.
That ronaldo overhead kick goal was last season and modric won the balon d’or. I dont even think he got the puskas award for that effort.

Give the guy a bit of credit for his achievements in football. You always seem to slag ronaldo at every opportunity, can you not just appreciate that the two of them are the two outstanding talents. If I was to chose one it would be messi but I like them both as footballers.

But in terms of entertainment it’s night and day for me personally. I don’t go “wooow” when Ronaldo gets on the end of the crosses to slam the the ball home (save for rare occasions like that overhead kick, but with him we’re mostly talking close range finishes).

Watching Messi dribble players, thread eye of the needle passes and generally produce more impressive finishes, is infinitely more entertaining to me than watching what is essentially a goal poacher.

As for me putting him down, it’s partly because he’s a grade A wanker, and partly because it’s a bit of banter on the forum, I slag him off and it winds a few people up, other people slag Messi off to do the same thing.

You’re right, themightyi from followfollow is a much better judge! o_O

Pretty much everyone in football agrees that Messi is the greatest player in the world, possibly ever.

Gerrard55 from followfollow is a much better judge though. o_O

The Messi Groupies are like teenage fans of a boyband group :D The whole ''it's no even up for debate'' is a lot of sh*te. Both Ronaldo and Messi have legitimate claims at being the more successful/better footballer, it's close either way and I don't have an issue with people who favour one or the other.

Messi is the better technical footballer there's no doubt about that but you simply can't base it on skill. Ronaldinho was probably more skilful than Messi in terms of sheer raw skill, that doesn't make him a better player than Messi.

Imo if Ronaldo goes and conquers another league and wins his 6th CL title with a 3rd different club in a 3rd country then he shades it for me based on overall achievements.

Back