Messi - 2019 Ballon d'Or Winner

final_straws

Only player in history to win the Ballon d'Or 6 times.

The award joins a host of other things that he is the only player to have won 6 times -

FIFA Best Player
European Golden Boots
Pichichi Award

Incredible. I remember when people said he couldn't do it without Guardiola & then without xavi & iniesta. Those takes have aged well....

Van Dijk - 2nd
Ronaldo - 3rd

Ronaldo pipped Mane to 3rd. Harsh when you consider how much Ronaldo has uncharacteristically stank out that Juve shirt this year

Messi should be on 11 and Ronaldo on 0 as Messi is always the superior player.

I agree with this. Ronaldo's a great player, but he's not the complete all round team player that Messi is & he never has been. None have been consistently as good as Messi in recent times. The wee man is a phenom and genius.

Must be odds against him to match CR7s five Champions Leagues, and almost zero chance he will lead his country to two international cup wins.

He really is streets ahead of everyone. Doesn’t have the luxury or having team mates that’ll win things for him when he’s playing like shit or merely standing on the touchline like a bell end in cup finals, and doesnt need a PR campaign to get people to vote for him. His team really depend on him more than any top side has ever depended on one individual. Just winning that award whilst being coached by Valverde makes it a massive achievement.

Feel sorry for Mané, been sensational and was more instrumental in Liverpool’s CL win than VVD yet got pipped to third place by CR7 who’s been a bit shit this year if we’re honest.

The problem is with how good Messi is he’s now taken for granted. The guy scores the most AND assists the most. That’s insane. His free kicks are unreal. His passing is beautiful. I love him.

I agree with this. Ronaldo's a great player, but he's not the complete all round team player that Messi is & he never has been. None have been consistently as good as Messi in recent times. The wee man is a phenom and genius.

So Ronaldo is the better individual player then?

Could be talking mince on this but were we not rumoured to have tried to get him on loan when he was about 17/18?

Even at that age he would've skinned your Ross Tokelys for fun.

Best forward and best midfielder in the world...all in one. Phenomenal.

32 now and it'll be a sad day when he finally retires. Doubt I'll ever see another player like him in my lifetime. Certainly won't be anyone as consistent for so many years.

Back