Messi fed up at Barcelona?

Every year this happens, then he renews his contract for more money.

Barca are a shambles off the pitch and struggling on it, but he'll stay.

I genuinely think this could be the time he leaves. Apparently he’s fed up reading nonsense about him having serious influence at the club too and he reckons its the clubs bosses themselves who are fabricating and putting out those stories; not really uncommon to see those sorts of political games in Spanish football.

But basically that current Barca board have wasted what should have been his prime years but hiring third rate managers and surrounding him with relative mediocrity or players that simply do not fit the system they’re hell bent on playing. In my opinion he should have pushed for a move a couple of years ago. They’ve been a one man band for ages now.

Last edited:
I genuinely think this could be the time he leaves. Apparently he’s fed up reading nonsense about him having serious influence at the club too and he reckons its the clubs bosses themselves who are fabricating and putting out those stories; not really uncommon to see those sorts of political games in Spanish football.

But basically that current Barca board have wasted what should have been his prime years but hiring third date managers and surrounding him with relative mediocrity or players that simply do not fit the system they’re hell bent on playing. In my opinion he should have pushed for a move a couple of years ago. They’ve been a one man band for ages now.

At least the managers got to a third date!

Argentine papers full of excitement over this, suggesting Inter Milan and even Inter Miami may be an option, along with a return to Newell's Old Boys.

Also a suggestion that Barcelona will go for international teammate Lautaro Martínez to attempt to placate Messi.

Pleasantly surprised that the this thread has lasted 38 mins without the hilarious "I have a large collection of butt-plugs" patter.

There are rumours of him leaving almost every summer, it usually ends with him committing himself to the club for longer.

Him and Ronaldo in particular do it pretty much every 1-2 years sulk and entertain rumours whilst never denying anything let it all stir for weeks and months and boom the desperate club will offer another massive contract the player jumps at it and signs and boom the tactic works again.

Rumour has it Messi is on over £1 million a week absolutely fucking crazy money.

tumblr_nxikvaBGcz1rj7inuo10_r4_250.gifv

We hear this every year. Every time it sounds like it might be real this time but realistically there is nowhere he can go.

Hes not going to PSG to win the french league. He’s not going to City especially with the uncertainty of the champions league. There aren’t any other viable options.

Suppose if Leeds make an arse of it he can link with Bielsa and prove he can do it on a cold night in stoke.

He deserves better for the final years of his career. Bartomeu is a disgrace and their transfer policy is baffling. Letting Arthur (who suits their style perfectly) go and signing a 30 year of Pjanic as a replacement is just stupid.

The likes of Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Pique and Alba aren't getting any younger.

Griezmann was another strange signing.

We hear this every year. Every time it sounds like it might be real this time but realistically there is nowhere he can go.

Hes not going to PSG to win the french league. He’s not going to City especially with the uncertainty of the champions league. There aren’t any other viable options.

Suppose if Leeds make an arse of it he can link with Bielsa and prove he can do it on a cold night in stoke.

You usually hear stories about how he still hasn’t signed a new contract but he’s never actually said he was unhappy and would consider leaving, so that’s new. And given the state of the club I think there’s probably a lot more to it. Personally I hope he leaves.

You usually hear stories about how he still hasn’t signed a new contract but he’s never actually said he was unhappy and would consider leaving, so that’s new. And given the state of the club I think there’s probably a lot more to it. Personally I hope he leaves.
I’m sure I heard he is unhappy with how things are going behind the scenes and with management, the president and the lack of transfers (not the dembele patter btw)

It does seem that the Arthur/Pjanic transfer has been engineered to get Neymar back to Barca and would be surprised if he walked away if that was to happen.

IMO it’s a power play to ensure Barca’s ambition in the transfer market and their next managerial appointment whether that’s Xavi, Pep or whoever.

Where do you think he would end up if he left? As I say I don’t see PSG or City viable so it only really leaves Bayern

I’m sure I heard he is unhappy with how things are going behind the scenes and with management, the president and the lack of transfers (not the dembele patter btw)

It does seem that the Arthur/Pjanic transfer has been engineered to get Neymar back to Barca and would be surprised if he walked away if that was to happen.

IMO it’s a power play to ensure Barca’s ambition in the transfer market and their next managerial appointment whether that’s Xavi, Pep or whoever.

Where do you think he would end up if he left? As I say I don’t see PSG or City viable so it only really leaves Bayern

Absolutely no clue mate. City or Bayern, it’s hard to see anyone else paying the wages.

But as for these Xavi stories, it’s that sort of shite that’ll keep costing them. Just because giving Pep his first gig worked out doesn’t mean it’ll work with others.

Absolutely no clue mate. City or Bayern, it’s hard to see anyone else paying the wages.

But as for these Xavi stories, it’s that sort of shite that’ll keep costing them. Just because giving Pep his first gig worked out doesn’t mean it’ll work with others.
In some ways it would be great to see him play for Bayern.

I just can’t picture him scoring for them though . It makes me flinch the same way I used to when trying to imagine Peter crouch taking a penalty. It just doesn’t seem right.

I think Xavi will be a disaster. No real reasoning behind it, just a hunch.

Must be a difficult one for Messi...everything after Barca (or Real) is downhill. Plus leaving at 33 is risky.

Wasn't there a story earlier in the season about the board hiring a company to write negative stories about some of the Barca players? I think there was a rift with Abidal as well.

I think Xavi will be a disaster. No real reasoning behind it, just a hunch.

Must be a difficult one for Messi...everything after Barca (or Real) is downhill. Plus leaving at 33 is risky.

Wasn't there a story earlier in the season about the board hiring a company to write negative stories about some of the Barca players? I think there was a rift with Abidal as well.

He was a brilliant midfielder for them, beyond that I can’t see how he merits that gig in any way. For a world class player Messi has played under some absolute duds both at club and international level.

You’re right though. That was apparently another thing that was happening, one thing’s for sure the senior most players clearly hate the current board and current management team. Suarez in particular has been scathing of their current coaching group which actually seems a bit rich since Suarez can’t complete simple 5 yards passes these days, but still.

Agree though, at his age it probably will feel like a gamble. But he should take it because I don’t see him getting another league title or even a CL semi final or final with the way they’re run now.

Back