Messi Scoring Record

Even given for the fact he plays for Barcelona it's Roy of the Rovers stuff, greatest player I have ever watched in the flesh.

It's utter madness to think we have witnessed him & Ronaldo going head to head as rivals. There will be movies made about this. Lets face it as fans it's been brilliant to watch. If only that loan move.........

He's got over 40 in the last 10 regular seasons as well (not calender years), 11 seasons if we're counting Argentina goals

He has only started 5 league games this season and has 7 goals. Barca’s top league scorer and 3rd in the league already whilst basically playing centre mid. He’s incredible.

Every year is unbelievably impressive but...2012..... greatest single year in football history surely?! The guy is superhuman.

Every year is unbelievably impressive but...2012..... greatest single year in football history surely?! The guy is superhuman.

Think last year would have been his greatest ever had they not capitulated at Anfield. That team were no great shakes at all and he carried them, would have been the biggest one man show ever to win a league and CL cup double.

Lance Armstrong superhuman?

I'm surprised he managed to pick himself up after having a lesson from Papac in 2007.

The guy is a goal machine.

Even given for the fact he plays for Barcelona it's Roy of the Rovers stuff, greatest player I have ever watched in the flesh.

It's utter madness to think we have witnessed him & Ronaldo going head to head as rivals. There will be movies made about this. Lets face it as fans it's been brilliant to watch. If only that loan move.........
It’s a massive regret of mine that I was steaming at the Barca v rangers game in 2007 , That line up and I can hardly remember a bloody thing , I can say I was there , That’s about it

Too young to have seen Maradona, other than YouTube clips, but when you see stats like that, trophies won etc etc how do people argue that Maradona was better than Messi?

Every year is incredible but 2012.....91 fcking goals that’s absolutely bonkers

Too young to have seen Maradona, other than YouTube clips, but when you see stats like that, trophies won etc etc how do people argue that Maradona was better than Messi?
World Cup (took Argentina an extra level above); stepped out of his comfort zones - Napoli bieng the best example; coming back from leg break in the surgically unadvanced '80's & still being brilliant when out of his nut on class A :))

Messi is the best I have ever watched in the flesh but I rate Maradona higher. GOAT imo. Watching him in the '86 World Cup was unreal.

Last edited:
He blood doped

He decides who Barca signs.

He is some player but is an egotistical fud but his record is sensational though in an era where tough defending is virtually outlawed.

World Cup (took Argentina an extra level above); stepped out of his comfort zones - Napoli bieng the best example; coming back from leg break in the surgically unadvanced '80's & still being brilliant when out of his nut on class A :))

Messi is the best I have ever watched in the flesh but I rate Maradona higher. GOAT imo. Watching him in the '86 World Cup was unreal.

Napoli was Maradona’s comfort zone. He couldn’t hack being the main man at a huge clubs

Napoli was Maradona’s comfort zone. He couldn’t hack being the main man at a huge clubs
Maybe Barcelona as the huge club when it didn't really click but he was the main man at Napoli although, granted, they were not massive compared to the Northern Italian teams.

Thrived as his country's captain though

Maradona is the greatest footballer to walk the earth his talent was far superior to Messi he elevated Argentina to a World Cup and Napoli to a serie A title when they were nobodies and almost won back to back World Cups lost out to a penalty against West Germany.

Messi is incredible but Maradona could do things Messi could only dream about and in a era when defenders could pretty much break ankles and get away with it see the butcher of Bilbao to back that up.

Last edited:

Napoli comfort zone lol serie A back then was insane defending was brutal and he took them to the top.

One of Barca’s biggest blunders was getting rid of him because of some off field problems it cost them the because after 84/85 they didn’t win another until the 90s .

How can you score 91 goals in a calendar year at the top level haha

Even boys clubs teams dont get those numbers ffs

Maradona is the greatest footballer to walk the earth his talent was far superior to Messi he elevated Argentina to a World Cup and Napoli to a serie A title when they were nobodies and almost won back to back World Cups lost out to a penalty against West Germany.

Messi is incredible but Maradona could do things Messi could only dream about and in a era when defenders could pretty much break ankles and get away with it see the butcher of Bilbao to back that up.

Even Maradona says messi is the greatest

The pressure he was under at that club was insane.

A simple question would Messi be able to cope with the way defenders where allowed to defend back then I don’t think he would’ve would Maradona be able to play in today’s game with Zero contact perfect pitches sports science off course he would he would be untouchable and all the while on the Davie Weir.

What a pile of pish. Stick to wanking over Spartak Fulham mate.
Google Operation Puerto. The judge ensured all samples were destroyed. Rumours that Barcelona and Nadal were involved but we’ll never know now.

Messi is still the greatest ever...

Napoli comfort zone lol serie A back then was insane defending was brutal and he took them to the top.

One of Barca’s biggest blunders was getting rid of him because of some off field problems it cost them the because after 84/85 they didn’t win another until the 90s .

Aye along with their own record breaking signings. They weren’t the only Italian side to get their maiden scudetto at that time too. Damned myths and over romanticised bollocks. I’ll stick with the truth if it’s alright with you boys.

Diego’s lucky he played in the era of big slow cumbersome defenders, the fast, slick, athletic types you see now days wouldn’t let him away.

A simple question would Messi be able to cope with the way defenders where allowed to defend back then I don’t think he would’ve would Maradona be able to play in today’s game with Zero contact perfect pitches sports science off course he would he would be untouchable and all the while on the Davie Weir.

He would, based on the assaults he’s suffered during his own career. Anyone who even questions that is a granda whose only seen Messi in the odd CL game.

Physically, Messi is bigger and stronger than Diego, so explain to me why he wouldn’t be able to take the same punishment. This should be great.....

Curveball stuff but Ronaldo seems to defy age & almost seems to, if not getting better, keeps going. He’s incredible fine wine stuff.

I remember watching a compilation of 2012 when messi and Ronaldo tore it up. Some of Barca's goals were embarrassing, guys going out of their way to set messi up for a tap in. Sanchez looked raging after setting one up for him. I'm guessing they were encouraged to help him as much as possible. Saying that though the guy is clearly on a completely different level. The consistency of how good his play is is unbelievable

He would, based on the assaults he’s suffered during his own career. Anyone who even questions that is a granda whose only seen Messi in the odd CL game.

Physically, Messi is bigger and stronger than Diego, so explain to me why he wouldn’t be able to take the same punishment. This should be great.....

It’s my opinion and there is not a chance Messi was stronger physically than Maradona how do you quantity that?. This should be great......

It’s my opinion and there is not a chance Messi was stronger physically than Maradona how do you quantity that?. This should be great......

Let me flip that, what on earth makes you think a wee weedy midget from the 80’s is stronger than an athlete from the era of sports science and hard training, where you absolutely couldn’t get coked out your tits and still dominate?

Let me flip that, what on earth makes you think a wee weedy midget from the 80’s is stronger than an athlete from the era of sports science and hard training, where you absolutely couldn’t get coked out your tits and still dominate?

You’re probably correct Maradona was on the gear Messi the Roids!

As I’ve said Maradona has done thing Messi can only dream of.

Back