Met Cummings tonight

Yep mate, a Peterborough reserve who hasn't scored since August is just what we need.

His form dipped when he split from his girlfriend, it seems.

THAT ... and Godden & Toney have built a decent enough partnership ever since. We see similar with Morelos and *insert any other striker*.

Said it before and I'll say it again: in games like Sunday's we need penalty box predators like Hardie, Cummings, Garner et al to supplement our "main" striker. I don't care whether they'll be good in Europe et al, but if they put them away in Scotland by the dozen, that's fine enough for me. Cummings is young, hungry and has played 167 games in Scotland, scoring 77 goals and assisting 24 more. Hardie is 21, has 55 games under his belt, scoring 26 and assisting 6. Wouldn't mind throwing themtwo in together every now and then, away at Dundee, Killie, Livi or the like. A strike partnership that would probably cost us less than 500k.

THAT ... and Godden & Toney have built a decent enough partnership ever since. We see similar with Morelos and *insert any other striker*.

Said it before and I'll say it again: in games like Sunday's we need penalty box predators like Hardie, Cummings, Garner et al to supplement our "main" striker. I don't care whether they'll be good in Europe et al, but if they put them away in Scotland by the dozen, that's fine enough for me. Cummings is young, hungry and has played 167 games in Scotland, scoring 77 goals and assisting 24 more. Hardie is 21, has 55 games under his belt, scoring 26 and assisting 6. Wouldn't mind throwing themtwo in together every now and then, away at Dundee, Killie, Livi or the like. A strike partnership that would probably cost us less than 500k.

You're being very selective with your info there mate.

Your stats for Cummings are heavily weighted with goals in the Scottish Championship.

Apart from a deflected goal at Dingwall, he contributed nothing with us.
I know we were shite last season, but Windass still managed close on 20 goals, including strikes against the mentally challengeds, sheep, Hearts and Hibs, cost us £65k and look at the abuse he got.

Cummings has flopped at Forest, Rangers and is a constant sub at Peterborough.

Hardie is quicker, stronger and is a far better professional than Cummings and will have a far better future in the game.

The comparison between the 2 is a mismatch.

Forest were virtually begging us to take him this season, but Allen and Gerrard weren't interested.

Cummings is a likeable enough bloke, but he's an absolute joke as a professional athlete and has had his 10 minutes of fame.

Would have mad a great 2nd/3rd choice option this season. The problem is that some fans love him so much that they would be getting angry when he didn't play.

Don’t remember this Et al. Did he come in with Faure or was he later?

Slightly off-topic, but I think Will Hughes is a cracking player. Out of our price range these days though.

Sadiq was binned essentially for being shite and his performance vs Aberdeen.

Cummings performance vs Killie at home last season was in the same bracket, awful.

Overall he showed he was nowhere near good enough for us, Touch was poor, awareness non existent, link up play extremely poor, positionally poor.

Likeable boy, but that , a stupid tattoo and daft nickname doesn't make you a good footballer.

He isn't.

Miller wouldn't have been happy being 3rd choice or even 2nd choice for that matter.

Probably not mate.

Neil McCann said the other day that he's still the best striker in league outside of us and them.

He said he's got the body and fitness of a 30 year old, so he probably would prefer to still be starting every week.

You're being very selective with your info there mate.

Your stats for Cummings are heavily weighted with goals in the Scottish Championship.

Apart from a deflected goal at Dingwall, he contributed nothing with us.
I know we were shite last season, but Windass still managed close on 20 goals, including strikes against the mentally challengeds, sheep, Hearts and Hibs, cost us £65k and look at the abuse he got.

Cummings has flopped at Forest, Rangers and is a constant sub at Peterborough.

Hardie is quicker, stronger and is a far better professional than Cummings and will have a far better future in the game.

The comparison between the 2 is a mismatch.

Forest were virtually begging us to take him this season, but Allen and Gerrard weren't interested.

Cummings is a likeable enough bloke, but he's an absolute joke as a professional athlete and has had his 10 minutes of fame.

Not exactly. When Cummings was banging them in galore for Hibs, he was at the same age as Hardie is now.

He started rather well at Peterborough, then split with his girlfriend (videogate et al) and was left out for a while. Now, as I said, Toney and Godden are in a rich vein of form, so he is usually but a sub.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jas...209583/saison/2018/wettbewerb/GB3/verein/1072

Same goes for Lafferty with us, BTW, as I noted.

His time at Rangers was when we usually played but one striker and that's not his prime/lethal role. Or he was thrown late on for a few minutes.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jas...verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=SC1&pos=&trainer_id=

Hardly a chance to impress.

As I said, I would prefer to keep Hardie and get Cummings and let them lose at the Premiership's weaker sides alongside one another. For if we do what we see now, it will be a difficult task for Hardie and Cummings to get into the goals, as neither is the all-round striker of the Morelos type.

No chance mate.

Below average on the park and joke of a professional off it.

He can't get a start in English League 1, so it was never happening for him under Gerrard.

He’d have been a better option than Sadiq though and probably Lafferty on his recent showings.

Decent squad player at domestic level.

Not exactly. When Cummings was banging them in galore for Hibs, he was at the same age as Hardie is now.

He started rather well at Peterborough, then split with his girlfriend (videogate et al) and was left out for a while. Now, as I said, Toney and Godden are in a rich vein of form, so he is usually but a sub.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jas...209583/saison/2018/wettbewerb/GB3/verein/1072

Same goes for Lafferty with us, BTW, as I noted.

His time at Rangers was when we usually played but one striker and that's not his prime/lethal role. Or he was thrown late on for a few minutes.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jas...verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=SC1&pos=&trainer_id=

Hardly a chance to impress.

As I said, I would prefer to keep Hardie and get Cummings and let them lose at the Premiership's weaker sides alongside one another. For if we do what we see now, it will be a difficult task for Hardie and Cummings to get into the goals, as neither is the all-round striker of the Morelos type.

We'll agree to disagree mate.

Cummings is a shite professional and we've had more than our fair share of them over the past few years.

Hardie is progressing while Cummings is on a steady decline.

Using falling out with a bird as an excuse is masking his inadequacies as a footballer.

He was hopeless with us and Forest and no bird was involved.

He's the next Riordan or O'Connor.

He’d have been a better option than Sadiq though and probably Lafferty on his recent showings.

Decent squad player at domestic level.

Better than Sadiq yes, but who wouldn't be mate?

Lafferty, Hardie and even Dallas would be better options.

He's a joke as a professional athlete.

Cummings is a shite professional and we've had more than our fair share of them over the past few years.

Using falling out with a bird as an excuse is masking his inadequacies as a footballer.

Maybe so, but only time will tell.

Generally, I rather keep a certain perspective on dips in form, as they are not solely down to a player, but other variables too. Be that the manager, the tactics, fellow players in good form, injuries and family stuff. Few of us hardly really know what sort of person someone is at home.

I was being kind.

Volleying steaks across restaurants? Rangers players shouldn't be acting anything like that.
If it was his missus he was kicking around then fair enough but it was a steak FFS.

Gazza took a bus down Oxford street he also pissed on Erik Bo Anderson but I couldn't really care less it's a joke that's what makes people human beings not robots.

Back