Met Jim Goodwin

Do you wear gloves to dispense fuel?

• Yes, I’m like Jim Goodwin

Votes: 77 21.4%
  • No, I’m not a peanut vendor

Votes: 283 78.6%

• Total voters

RenfrewBear72

Need a 3rd option for those of us who always wear the gloves dispensing fuel or not *heavy breathing ensues*.

Also always thought he was a walloper and a hatchet man. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong St Midden player.

Coop

Less than two hours ago. ASDA petrol station, Robroyston.

Said to Accie Junior as we pulled up “that’s the St Mirren manager”. The lad’s easily impressed, so he was straight out the car saying hello and asking him questions. Jim took it in good humour, to be fair. When my lad said he trained with Clyde, Jim said so did his son.

But here’s the weird thing. He was wearing one of those disposable see-through plastic gloves to dispense his fuel. Who does that? I suppose the kind of guy who keeps his beard as neat as he does...
I do,I even take packets of the gloves from Morrison’s and put them in my car for emergency’s :)):))

TQ3

Need a 3rd option for those of us who always wear the gloves dispensing fuel or not *heavy breathing ensues*.

Also always thought he was a walloper and a hatchet man. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong St Midden player.
Thats every St Midden player!

mdingwall

Administrator
Staff member
The gloves are a bit odd unless you have some skin complaint.

Goodwin mostly talks a lot of sense when he's in the media - a bit intense, but in longer interviews he comes across well.

Seen him at a few obscure games around the country and up at Auchenhowie - he's certainly putting in the miles scouting.

Bluebrox

This tarrier is probably going to get more publicity out of "petrol glove" than the whole of his football career :D

the_baron

I'll usually take a couple of the staunch blue paper towels to hold the pump with.

There's a garage on the way out of Dundee heading up to Aberdeen I just completely avoid as their pumps are a disgrace. Just absolutely covered in diesel and very rarely stocked with gloves or paper towels.

If you want a luxury petrol station experience, the newly refurbished BP in Ladybank is simply exquisite. The pumps are absolutely immaculate, you almost feel like putting on a glove so that you don't get them dirty.

Once inside the range of food and drink is absolutely marvelous. It's the sort of place someone like Jim Goodwin would give a plastic gloved thumbs up to.

Having some knowledge, I wouldn't be letting petrol/diesel touch my skin if it could be helped. Very nasty stuff that can be ingested by the body through the skin, best case you get dermatitis.
I'm in the glove club.

Bluebrox

I'll usually take a couple of the staunch blue paper towels to hold the pump with.

There's a garage on the way out of Dundee heading up to Aberdeen I just completely avoid as their pumps are a disgrace. Just absolutely covered in diesel and very rarely stocked with gloves or paper towels.

If you want a luxury petrol station experience, the newly refurbished BP in Ladybank is simply exquisite. The pumps are absolutely immaculate, you almost feel like putting on a glove so that you don't get them dirty.

Once inside the range of food and drink is absolutely marvelous. It's the sort of place someone like Jim Goodwin would give a plastic gloved thumbs up to.
Partridge would f.ucking love the Ladybank one! Alan would be a regular.

the_baron

Partridge would f.ucking love the Ladybank one! Alan would be a regular.
He would indeed although he might be a bit miffed that it doesn't have a Wild Bean Cafe which he describes in his book as "quite literally SHIT HOT"

Last edited:

larrymac

You learn something new everyday.
45 years I've been filling up cars and this is the first time I've heard of anyone using a glove to fill up.
Were you in San Francisco at the shell garage in the Castro district by any chance?

archimedes

Noticed when I changed from petrol to a diesel car the diesel pump and handle was always really greasy.

Wore the gloves a few times but felt like a complete dick :oops: :D
The diesel pumps where I go feel nothing like dicks... I think someone is winding you up mate. Do they tell you to 'pump' the handle as well?

Claudio Caniggia

Official Ticketer
Less than two hours ago. ASDA petrol station, Robroyston.

Said to Accie Junior as we pulled up “that’s the St Mirren manager”. The lad’s easily impressed, so he was straight out the car saying hello and asking him questions. Jim took it in good humour, to be fair. When my lad said he trained with Clyde, Jim said so did his son.

But here’s the weird thing. He was wearing one of those disposable see-through plastic gloves to dispense his fuel. Who does that? I suppose the kind of guy who keeps his beard as neat as he does...
I use them to fill the wife’s car with diesel, but not for unleaded in my own car.