Met Jim Goodwin

Do you wear gloves to dispense fuel?

• Yes, I’m like Jim Goodwin

Votes: 77 21.4%
  • No, I’m not a peanut vendor

Votes: 283 78.6%

• Total voters
Less than two hours ago. ASDA petrol station, Robroyston.

Said to Accie Junior as we pulled up “that’s the St Mirren manager”. The lad’s easily impressed, so he was straight out the car saying hello and asking him questions. Jim took it in good humour, to be fair. When my lad said he trained with Clyde, Jim said so did his son.

But here’s the weird thing. He was wearing one of those disposable see-through plastic gloves to dispense his fuel. Who does that? I suppose the kind of guy who keeps his beard as neat as he does...
I put one of these gloves on everytime I go for a pee.

I love the smell of diesel in the morning.
I therefore deliberately splash it around. Gives me a bit of a buzz. :cool:

I read somewhere their are more germs on the handles of your average fuel pump than their is most toilets. So yip I’m with Jim I use the gloves. Think about the number of folk who are handling these things on a daily basis the germs on it must be horrendous.

Said to Accie Junior as we pulled up “that’s the St Mirren manager”. The lad’s easily impressed, so he was straight out the car saying hello and asking him questions. Jim took it in good humour, to be fair. When my lad said he trained with Clyde, Jim said so did his son.

But here’s the weird thing. He was wearing one of those disposable see-through plastic gloves to dispense his fuel. Who does that? I suppose the kind of guy who keeps his beard as neat as he does...
Must be unlucky enough to have a shitty diesel van rather than petrol....fuel of the gods!

I’ve had a diesel car for 19 years and not got diesel on my hands yet. Can’t imagine what your toilet seat and floors look like if you can’t handle a wee hose.

Last edited:

Robroyston Petrol Station earlier
Romeo-and-Juliet-1996-0062.jpg

Jim Goodwin, when he played for St Mirren, always gave off the vibe of a nasty mentally challenged bastard.

One of those c*nts that was always good for a potential crippler of a challenge unless the ref gave him an early yellow.

This information on the gloves only reinforces my negative opinion of the man.

Need a 3rd option for those of us who always wear the gloves dispensing fuel or not *heavy breathing ensues*.

Also always thought he was a walloper and a hatchet man. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong St Midden player.

I do,I even take packets of the gloves from Morrison’s and put them in my car for emergency’s :)):))

Need a 3rd option for those of us who always wear the gloves dispensing fuel or not *heavy breathing ensues*.

Also always thought he was a walloper and a hatchet man. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong St Midden player.
Thats every St Midden player!

The gloves are a bit odd unless you have some skin complaint.

Goodwin mostly talks a lot of sense when he's in the media - a bit intense, but in longer interviews he comes across well.

Seen him at a few obscure games around the country and up at Auchenhowie - he's certainly putting in the miles scouting.

This mentally challenged is probably going to get more publicity out of "petrol glove" than the whole of his football career :D

Back