Met Mr King amd Mr Caixinha tonight

King SUMMONED Caixnha for crisis talks after the semi-final defeat - after JETTING IN to Glasgow to take in the semi final, he barely stopped his fine dining with Pedro to DEMAND that results improve, or Kenny Miller will REPLACE him as an interim manager. Record sport understands that King is unhappy with recent results, but is prepared to give Caixnha until Christmas to CAPTURE second spot.

where do I send my invoice?

You missed out talisman, but other than that an accurate representation of what passes as "sports journalism"

It's fairly obvious we are backing the manager for now.

Let's just see what happens in the next 2 months I suppose

I'm sorry but Pedro has to stay, we can't afford another pay-off. I hope that tonight was about Chairman King telling Mr Caixinha that this is the Rangers, a team that has always had class. A club that understands respect. Not so long ago you couldn't turn up at training without a suit, shirt and club tie. Not so long before that it was bowler hats too. Pedro needs to start behaving like Mr Caixinha.

The Mrs and I are over for 2 nights from Northern Ireland for the game.

Went to our favourite Indian establishment :)
I hope tomorrow's match is a turning point in our season that helps make the memories of this trip that little bit extra special for both of you.

I'm sorry but Pedro has to stay, we can't afford another pay-off. I hope that tonight was about Chairman King telling Mr Caixinha that this is the Rangers, a team that has always had class. A club that understands respect. Not so long ago you couldn't turn up at training without a suit, shirt and club tie. Not so long before that it was bowler hats too. Pedro needs to start behaving like Mr Caixinha.

I agree, introduce Bowler hats to the equation and watch as we power forward to the league title.

When you say another pay off are you referring to McCoist over 2 years ago? We didn't pay off Warburton, he resigned.

When you say another pay off are you referring to McCoist over 2 years ago? We didn't pay off Warburton, he resigned.
I was under the impression that we ain't got any money? Seriously, the old place is looking tired, the team is an assortment of duds. I just think we'd can't afford another payoff, two years later or not

The Chairman and Manager were only too happy after their meal to have a photo taken with the Wife and I.

Mr King's son was also present who was also great with us. We chatted briefly and all I can say is that I have never wanted a Manager to succeed so much in my life!!

Star struck at 27 years old!!!

We Are The People

Wonder if Pedro got tongue and cold shoulder...

King isn’t daft so he must know himself that the writing is on the wall with Pedro however I suspect the only thing that’s delaying the inevitable is the fact the manager’s been backed so heavily in the summer. A couple more bad results though and the board will have to cut their losses before next month’s AGM.
Would think your right.

I was under the impression that we ain't got any money? Seriously, the old place is looking tired, the team is an assortment of duds. I just think we'd can't afford another payoff, two years later or not

Over £8m was spent adding to the 'assortment of duds' over the summer so that would suggest we're not that skint.
I don't think we can afford not to sack him if things don't improve, the fans won't stand for it and ultimately the fans are what keeps the club going.
The board got us into this mess so it's upto them to get us out.

I honestly have the belief that King and the board back Caixhina and know they haven’t yet given him the squad he needs.

King won’t worry too much about some folks moaning about results. All football teams get beaten, even the best of teams.

Rangers squads of the past have been put out of cups, Water Smith and Dick Advocaat spent huge money on guys who didn’t make it.

Caixhina seems to be a passionate football man, hard working and motivated, someone who demands professionalism and work ethic in his players but what he does need to learn is Scottish football. He is getting there seeing how teams play against Rangers and what our fans think. He needs to be allowed his mistakes and time to grow and implement things. It’s different days I know but I look back to Alex Ferguson. If Man Utd were as reactionary as clubs seem to be now they would have sacked the most successful manager in history after his first season.

Rangers are a traditional club with standards, we don’t want to be a club who keep chopping and changing things. If the board feel Caixhina is the right man they have to back him with time, patience and money and not just react when things go bad.

One thing Pedro seems to have is goodwill from the fans who think like myself. The will for this man to get it right and prove everyone wrong is strong within our support. We just need to keep our nerve and give the man the three transfer windows that was agreed he needed to get the squad right.

fantastic post . well said brother .

Where is this nice guy Pedro coming from? He's picked a fight with half the league so far. I think that's why so many want him to succeed.

Is it true that when the waiter brought Pedro his meal King said “yer dinners oot”?
Caixinha fucked it.
First time ever ever a Rangers manager has had a meal with the chairman without asking for butter for his roll. Ever, since Souness anyway! Ever!

Caixinha fucked it.
First time ever ever a Rangers manager has had a meal with the chairman without asking for butter for his roll. Ever, since Souness anyway! Ever!

Coulda had a cheap bacon butty, proven to satisfy the tastebuds on these shores, but instead he gambled on expensive tacos.

Unacceptable

Andy the photo man. Am I still getting Willie Henderson. Also what do I have to do at this end. And don't anybody say anything. Thanks.

I can confirm that there was plenty of football chat had between the 3 men during the dinmer.

I picked up bits and bobs but nothing significant other than tomorrow night the team will show us their character

Does not look like Pedro’s going anywhere soon. So let’s hope he turns things around and starting tomorrow.

But I’d also rather see character being shown in the games that matter, like Sunday or against the filth. Killie should be a given.

This board is bizarre these days.

He maybe a lovely guy and all the other stuff that gets attached to him.

I'd rather go with his record and CV which is in all honesty, poor.

The 'I want the manager to succeed' chat is embarrassing. You read it a lot on here. Have we ever wanted a manager not to succeed?
Of course none of us has ever wanted a manager not to succeed but with Pedro not only how much we need him to succeed because of our financial situation but mainly because of how the mhedia and the scum fans have treated him from the off.

Pedro’s sound bites & ramblings about warriors etc are becoming tiresome (Windass a warrior?!., come off it) & as mentioned above, beating a Killie team sitting at the bottom of a league full of utter dross - at home - will prove nothing. It’s the least we should expect.

And of course everyone knows that Man U stuck by Ferguson during a sticky spell, but he had the winning of a European trophy with a provincial club on his CV, beating Bayern Munich & Real Madrid along the way. Pedro couldn’t get past Progres.

I don’t know what really happened with Miller (does anyone?) but to have a player who has scored in finals, semi finals, plenty of old firm games, internationals against Germany & England watching the game in his suit & having to bring on a Man City youth team player beggared belief, irrespective of form - does anyone think he wouldn’t have buried at least one of Windass’s fluffed efforts?

Nobody wants Pedro to NOT succeed, but with every passing setback it just doesn’t look likely

I honestly have the belief that King and the board back Caixhina and know they haven’t yet given him the squad he needs.

King won’t worry too much about some folks moaning about results. All football teams get beaten, even the best of teams.

Rangers squads of the past have been put out of cups, Water Smith and Dick Advocaat spent huge money on guys who didn’t make it.

Caixhina seems to be a passionate football man, hard working and motivated, someone who demands professionalism and work ethic in his players but what he does need to learn is Scottish football. He is getting there seeing how teams play against Rangers and what our fans think. He needs to be allowed his mistakes and time to grow and implement things. It’s different days I know but I look back to Alex Ferguson. If Man Utd were as reactionary as clubs seem to be now they would have sacked the most successful manager in history after his first season.

Rangers are a traditional club with standards, we don’t want to be a club who keep chopping and changing things. If the board feel Caixhina is the right man they have to back him with time, patience and money and not just react when things go bad.

One thing Pedro seems to have is goodwill from the fans who think like myself. The will for this man to get it right and prove everyone wrong is strong within our support. We just need to keep our nerve and give the man the three transfer windows that was agreed he needed to get the squad right.
You say Pedro, has goodwill with the fans, hmmm, well out of the 6 bears in my company 5 want him sacked, and I'm undecided

Back