Mhanks get wee bonus re Dembele

The Barrel

Just joined Atletico on loan - £30m paid in summer and scum get £3m.

I do remember when that was to be £7.5m when he 'pure joined Man U an' that....'

I also remember the bold Moussa enjoyed his social media activity: "Scenes....COYH....Glasgow is Green..." etc. He's been quiet lately though. No scenes at all.

I do remember when that was to be £7.5m when he 'pure joined Man U an' that....'

I also remember the bold Moussa enjoyed his social media activity: "Scenes....COYH....Glasgow is Green..." etc. He's been quiet lately though. No scenes at all.

I may be mistaken but I thought it was 'option to buy'. Ie decision would be made in the summer and that lot would get any money they get from this then?

I think its 10 or 15% of any profit from the transfer as well - so if they sold him for £20 million then its only £10 million profit so £1-1.5 million (and in the Summer)

It’s a percentage over and above the profit ie 33m euros minus the 20 lyon paid (can’t remember if euros or sterling) then a percentage worked out on that figure. Even if as big as 15 would prob amount closer to just over a million net.

They’ll get just over 1m in 6 months IF they decide to buy him mate.

Not the biggest bummer we’ve had in recent years.

That’ll pay for Lawwell’s severance maybe ?

They get 10% of any profit.
Did they pay a fee for him?
Cross border compo, similar to our deal with Aribo. I'm sure £500k was quoted.

Dembele and his agent got a large cut of the transfer fee paid by Lyon to offset the fact he could have got a better salary elsewhere..

Best of it being, if he does sign and they get a cut it won't appear until next seasons accounts.

How much are they losing each month? It was £2m in the last accounts and will have increased significantly.

The fee might cover there losses for a couple of weeks at best

No doubt he’ll flop at Athletico and they won’t buy. He was hyped up beyond belief here on the back of a load of people Alfie’s and playing against a shocking Rangers back 4. Was poor in Europe for them. He’s had 1 decent season in France and then been shite.
After all his antics online, I hope Twitter based bears are constantly reminding of his boasting online and throwing it back in his goofy fucking face.

Disregard who he is and fees/loan moves involved etc, it's a potential good move. Better team, better league and in with a chance of winning the league.

No doubt he’ll flop at Athletico and they won’t buy. He was hyped up beyond belief here on the back of a load of people Alfie’s and playing against a shocking Rangers back 4. Was poor in Europe for them. He’s had 1 decent season in France and then been shite.
After all his antics online, I hope Twitter based bears are constantly reminding of his boasting online and throwing it back in his goofy fucking face.

I saw a couple of their games & he didn’t even start Stu.

One good Champions League run for us and we're sorted money wise imo, we have been cautious except maybe for RK although he is worth his weight in gold and was one of our own almost instantly. Compare and contrast to the money they've spent to "nail us to the floor". :eek: B-D

According to some in here, he was "tearing it up" at Lyon.

Strange decision to send him out on loan in that case.
I've also seen some on here claim the mentally challengeds failed to break even on the deal for him too though. As ever there are two idiotic extremes on any issue.

One good Champions League run for us and we're sorted money wise imo, we have been cautious except maybe for RK although he is worth his weight in gold and was one of our own almost instantly. Compare and contrast to the money they've spent to "nail us to the floor". :eek: B-D

Yes, us securing CL Group stages & them failing could totally flip this long term financial gap, coupled with what’s been happening this year Gary.

16 games, 1 goal, 0 assists.

Would hate to see what he's like out of form
That’s this season. Painfully have to say he’s been a good player in France.

24G+7A in 46 games last season, 20G+6A in 46 games for them 19/20.

He’s had a good time in France even though it’s a poor league IMO he is a good player.

I will admit, he doesn’t strike me as a Simeone player seeing as he can be a lazy bastard. Lyon seem to prefer Toko Ekambi (I presume for his work rate because he’s rotten at shooting) up with Depay & Tino.

Working to be fair, top of the league :))

They get 1.5m. The sell-on is on fee above what Lyon paid.
They'll get even less than that David. Assuming he is even sold.

Lyon paid them €22m for Dembele. Atletico have an agreement to buy him for €33.5m, so the profit is €11.5m and Celtc will receive 10% of that, which is €1.15m, pretty much exactly £1m.

Which should just about cover Shane Duffy's wages till the end of the season. :))

He will be on 3x that I would imagine to get shot off or offered another job in the Banks Dermot is a major shareholder in

It won’t come cheaply TT, that’s for sure mate.

I think a big part of that salary is bonus rather than base salary. I looked a year or so ago, so forget the exact detail.

That’s this season. Painfully have to say he’s been a good player in France.

24G+7A in 46 games last season, he’s had a good time in France even though it’s a poor league IMO he is a good player.

I will admit, he doesn’t strike me as a Simeone player seeing as he can be a lazy bastard. Lyon seem to prefer Toko Ekambi (I presume for his work rate because he’s rotten at shooting) up with Depay & Tino.

Working to be fair, top of the league :))
Yeah to be fair to him, he hit the ground running 18/19 & carried that on last year. But dropped off this season for whatever reason & those are the stats I'll choose to use to slate him :D

Back