Michael Beale - Future Rangers Manager?

Dylz_S

Michael Beale is undoubtedly a top football coach, but could you see him as Rangers manager one day?

In past interviews and podcasts he has stated his ambitions to become more than a coach and take on a management role in senior football.

Personally, I love the tactical depth and wealth of coaching knowledge and experience he brings to our current set up, but would expect him to take up a senior role at a smaller club, perhaps in England.
Has Gerrard’s pathway to management changed how we may look at potential future managers?

Maybe, so.

Although, I believe his preference to go back to Brazil one day and manage over there. I think his family are keen on that
too.

But you never know.

If Liverpool came in for Gerrard tomorrow and he went, i would be comfortable with Beale taking the reigns. As a long term replacement...............aye probably. B-)

Would be ideal when Gerrard goes hopefully many years from now but likelihood is he will follow the gaffer to Liverpool.

I think Stevie leans on Beale heavily, I would expect him to follow him wherever he goes next.

That said, Beale has aspirations of working in South America again doesn’t he?

Maybe, so.

Although, I believe his preference to go back to Brazil one day and manage over there. I think his family are keen on that
too.

But you never know.
He and his family seem really settled up here, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did stay put. Would he pass up the chance of managing a team with the potential of champions league football every year?

I've thought about starting this thread a few times.
I think he's a big part of the success.
Intruiging question.

Mick Beale has already stated he wants to be a No.1. I would imagine it Gerrard stays another couple of years and then moves on then Beale will be in a great position to stay over the reins here.

It’s not as out there as you’d think…. He’s bloody great at his job and hugely well respected. (Let’s just not lose Stevie yet though).

Yes

Beale is the brains of the operation especially with the tactical side of things.

If and when Gerrard leaves I'd want Beale as our next manager.

Lot of indications he wants to manage. When Stevie G moves on I can see a Smith Souness comparison happening
Not too sure about that one.

He’ll go his own way, one day.

He’s mentioned it before.
I just can’t see it happening in the short term. Not to say it won’t happen in the medium to long term, but I think Stevie G will move heaven and earth to take his back room team with him on his next managerial appointment and I think they’ll be happy to be in the background for a while yet.

He and his family seem really settled up here, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did stay put. Would he pass up the chance of managing a team with the potential of champions league football every year?
I doubt it.

His preference is to go back to Brazil.

But he would take over after Gerrard, if asked. In my opinion.

I’m just stating that his ambition is go back to South America.

Things change though.

I love him.

At some point he will want to be a manager . People are wrong to assume he will just follow Gerrard everywhere. I think he will be our next gaffer .

Not too sure about that one.

He’ll go his own way, one day.

He’s mentioned it before.
I just can’t see it happening in the short term. Not to say it won’t happen in the medium to long term, but I think Stevie G will move heaven and earth to take his back room team with him on his next managerial appointment and I think they’ll be happy to be in the background for a while yet.
I agree.

I think there’s more chance of him going to Liverpool before Brazil.

But I think being offered the Rangers job would have him at least considering whether to stay.

Who, knows.

I hope so it would give stability when Gerrard decides to go and it would seem the obvious appointment as someone else said it would be the same as Walter taking over the reigns from Graeme Souness

Gerrard and Klopp both out of contract in 2024 I think, so we probably don’t need to worry about it before then.

Having said that, I would love Beale to take over as manager at that point. Kevin Thomson also said on RTV last season said he wanted to manage us one day. Will be interesting to see how he does at Kelty.

I reckon that Gerrard would be desperate for Beale to go to Liverpool with him, to give him the greatest chance of success in his time there. And I think Beale would probably find that hard to turn down, perhaps with an agreement that after X seasons he wants to go out on his own. I think our only chance would be if the above doesn't happen.

What I would love to see happen is a crop of coaches to emerge at Ibrox under Beale's influence who could do us a job. Not sure how much access anyone would have to him outside of the main coaching team though. But that's where somebody like Defoe is in a great position.

Personally he would be my first choice. As other posters have alluded to i believe Gerrard will be keen to take him to Liverpool(let's be frank he will their next manager). I would love to to think Ross Wilson has made overtures already but think anything but informal conversations would be premature.

Funnily enough i wondered the same as i was driving into work listening to H&H today as David was reading Michael Beale's comments about pre season, he has stated its his ambition before.

I think Gerrard will want him at lpool as he is a big influence on Gerrard as manager and would encourage them to give him a good salary to get him to follow

We may likely offer him the chance to be manager

Down to money v ambition

He's clearly a talented modern football technician but a Rangers manager also needs to be highly charismatic. Does he have this quality?

I'd imagine Gerrard would be desperate to take him wherever he goes.

He's clearly a talented modern football technician but a Rangers manager also needs to be highly charismatic. Does he have this quality?

Not a single person has anything other than praise and respect for him, nut he’d maybe need an assistant who is a bit of a bastard!

Would be my first choice - I’m sure Gerrard would like to take him whenever he goes, but if offered the Rangers job it’d be impossible to turn down.

Does the technical prowess and tactical nous work without Gerrard's aura and personality to synthesise it? There's only one way we'll ever find out.
I suspect he'd follow Gerrard to Liverpool all the same.

Listen to this….

IMO he does have what it takes to be a top manager.

However from various interviews with the players it seems like Gerrard and the backroom staff are very much the package. Things do change mind you.

Maybe, so.

too.

But you never know.
He has a young family living in beautiful village who seem to be settled there loving the outdoors.
Reckon he would happily stay there until his family get itchy feet

I would take him 100% but it would just depend on his ambition, wether he would like to make the step up or not.

Listen to this….

IMO he does have what it takes to be a top manager.

However from various interviews with the players it seems like Gerrard and the backroom staff are very much the package. Things do change mind you.
I've listened to this.

He's very impressive at this level but being the main man at Rangers is an altogether different thing.

I doubt it.

His preference is to go back to Brazil.

But he would take over after Gerrard, if asked. In my opinion.

I’m just stating that his ambition is go back to South America.

Things change though.

I love him.
Same mate. We arguably wouldn’t be where we are without him. He’s the tactician

Maybe, so.

too.

But you never know.
His family live in the same village as my parents and absolutely love it. Not to say they won’t leave one day but his wife makes it clear that she wants them to stick around for a long time at least

Back