Michael Beale - Future Rangers Manager?

Same mate. We arguably wouldn’t be where we are without him. He’s the tactician
Such a similar set-up to Liverpool.

They also had a mad, brainy tactical guy. Klopp called him “The Brain”. Sure his name was Buvac.

He randomly left. Anyway, that’s who Beale is for us.

Gerrard will take his team to Liverpool on multiples of what we can pay. We need a mature plan in place well before that day comes

I STILL cannot get round the fact that Steven Gerrard is the manager of our club..
Been slightly over 3 years. Thankfully the board bought into his ideas and philosophy and boy are we reaping the rewards big time.
This is only the start….

I've listened to this.

He's very impressive at this level but being the main man at Rangers is an altogether different thing.

I thought he came across as charismatic in that podcast and other interviews he’s done.

We’ve got one of the most famous footballers in the World as our manager, when he goes it’ll be a step down in terms of charisma regardless of who we get in (assuming it’s not another ex-player).

Fair enough he’s not Souness, Smith or Gerrard but maybe Beale could be a successful Rangers manager through the knowledge he possesses along with the experience he’s gained coaching a title winning team in our league.

I don't think it would happen, but I'd be comfortable with him being offered the position.

Of course, if we're going for some top shithousery, this man should be in with a shout...

images

We have created a culture at Ibrox that won’t change regardless of the manager. He will need similar characteristics to SG, maybe Defoe, Beale? It won’t be for a few years yet.

Doubt it - he may be the brains behind our revival but stepping up and being the main man seldom works out.

Stevie Clarke being one of the few "success" stories I can think of in recent years.

Maybe, so.

Although, I believe his preference to go back to Brazil one day and manage over there. I think his family are keen on that
too.

But you never know.
He would be off his nut it’s not much better than a third world country, Certainly not a place to bring up kids.

I STILL cannot get round the fact that Steven Gerrard is the manager of our club..
Been slightly over 3 years. Thankfully the board bought into his ideas and philosophy and boy are we reaping the rewards big time.
This is only the start….

It should remind us of the luck we had with Covid tbh. Pretty sure SG was a bawhair away from chucking it or being relieved of his duties back in the early part of 2019.

Shows you the fine margins of football management but what a turnaround it's been for him and us. Now we just come to expect a certain level ...

If/when Gerrard goes to Liverpool he will most certainly want Beale with him. However if we offer Beale the job there’s no chance he’s knocking it back. IMO of course.

Sorry.. lol. But I'm willing to bet half the fans saying 'I'd have him, next manager for me' wouldn't be a kiss in the .... away from saying the exact opposite if it never went well within the 1st few games.

As soon as it never went well..

Absolute fantastic coach, truly.

I don't ever see him as being, or really wanting to be, our next manager though.

If Gerrard leaves for Liverpool at some point, or indeed somewhere else, I'd be shocked if he didn't do his best to take Beale with him. I could more see Defoe stepping up if it's a couple of years down the line and his coaching has gone well. Maybe Gerrard will do the decent thing and stay forever.

I don’t think his decision is linked to Gerrard. He wants to head back to Brazil, he’s not hidden that. But I think he’s pivotal to our long term success.

I think the biggest risk is that Gerrard stays longer than expected and someone else offers him the gig at an English Championship level before us. If Gerrard left tomorrow I think Beale would be favourite to get the job.

We’d be losing Gerrard who is massive for us as a figurehead manager but I think the continuity we’d have if Beale took over would balance what we’d lose with Gerrard.

It could all be very smooth if Stevie G keeps winning up here. Klopp could confirm well in advance that he doesn't wish to extend his contract, Liverpool could let us know well in advance they want to bring Steve home and we can get MB signed up to take over. In Gerrard's final season MB could start to get involved future transfer targets. A seamless transition.

Back