Press Conference Michael Beale speaks after the Old Firm defeat

We’ve had too many cheap option managers and he’s just another. I’d rather we’d have invested heavily in the best manager we could have got willing to work within our limited budget even if it meant a smaller investment on the pitch. I’d love to be proved wrong but he simply doesn’t have what we need.

The crazy thing is these cheap managerial punts probably end up costing more money in the long term than investing in a quality manager as we are having to pay them off and rebuild the squad completely again on a regular basis.

He's gutted. I don't think he's the man for the job. But he's not said anything wrong there. I wish he would be stronger on the disallowed goal, and well done to whoever pressed him on it with that last question.

Also, who was the one making the snidey as %^*& question about tav, singling him out? No need for it, I've got my problems with him now and again but that question was childish born of reading too much twitter. Tav wasn't the problem today. The midfield and tactics and inability to perform a basic fucking 5 yard pass was. So, who and why was Tav brought in?

Snidey?

We played our biggest attacking threat in a defensive wide right role to protect Tav today. That IS a problem and it is related to him. If you listen to the question again it was specifically about him being exposed.

I agree with your last sentence but, I'm amazed you can't see the issues we have in that area.

Snidey?

We played our biggest attacking threat in a defensive wide right role to protect Tav today. That IS a problem. If you listen to the question again it was specifically about him being exposed.

I agree with your last sentence but, I'm amazed you can't see the issues we have in that area.
So it appears the issue is playing Cantwell out of position. Tav is a handy punchbag. Today he wasn't the villain, why name check him. (Granted he wasn't great either)

So it appears the issue is playing Cantwell out of position. Tav is a handy punchbag. Today he wasn't the villain, why name check him. (Granted he wasn't great either)

I don't think he was singled out just for today though. Tav has had a very difficult start to the season defensively and a particularly bad week. Teams are now actively exposing that area as they know they will get joy down that side. He is also our leader and captain and we've just failed to win yet another big game. (We've won zero under Michael Beale) If you don't think he should be questioned because 'he wasn't the villain' fair enough. I'm not so sure myself.
Persisting with this system is a huge part of the problem and the question was fair enough imo.

Most alarming for me was when he was asked if he set the team out to play the long ball he said no. It sounded like the players are taking in or carrying out his instructions. Has he lost the dressing room with too many new players, dropping Cantwell at Killie, selling Sakala and putting Hagi on loan?
Hagi on loan is a strange decision IMO.

I don't think he was singled out just for today though. Tav has had a very difficult start to the season defensively and a particularly bad week. Teams are now actively exposing that area as they know they will get joy down that side. He is also our leader and captain and we've just failed to win yet another big game. (We've won zero under Michael Beale) If you don't think he should be questioned because 'he wasn't the villain' fair enough. I'm not so sure myself.
Persisting with this system is a huge part of the problem and the question was fair enough imo.
I actually agree with everything you say here, and its been perfectly put. I'm not happy with Tav so far this season, and maybe I've misheard the question, I just thought name checking him in the post match presser when we had a midfield entirely anonymous was unfair.

I actually agree with everything you say here, and its been perfectly put. I'm not happy with Tav so far this season, and maybe I've misheard the question, I just thought name checking him in the post match presser when we had a midfield entirely anonymous was unfair.

Fair one pal, I don't disagree with that either fwiw. The manager spoke about how deep the defence were but, I thought the midfield being so deep was the much bigger issue, particularly Cantwell. Played right into their hands as we basically surrendered possession to them.

Frustrating day all round.

Fair one pal, I don't disagree with that either fwiw. The manager spoke about how deep the defence were but, I thought the midfield being so deep was the much bigger issue, particularly Cantwell. Played right into their hands as we basically surrendered possession to them.

Frustrating day all round.
Was a sore one for everyone man, I think more so because we can see where this is going. Exactly right about the midfield. Weren't involved at all today, I think for 2 reasons. They didn't impose themselves and our game plan neglected them.

Too many times we're losing the midfield battle to them, and its where games are won. Said it during the game, its little moments like several loose passes that can be the difference between 3 points and none. I could waffle on all day, but I won't. I'm just scunnered with it all.

Cantwell needs to be let loose, not utilised where he seems handy. Match winner, madness to nullify him.

Was a sore one for everyone man, I think more so because we can see where this is going. Exactly right about the midfield. Weren't involved at all today, I think for 2 reasons. They didn't impose themselves and our game plan neglected them.

Too many times we're losing the midfield battle to them, and its where games are won. Said it during the game, its little moments like several loose passes that can be the difference between 3 points and none. I could waffle on all day, but I won't. I'm just scunnered with it all.

Cantwell needs to be let loose, not utilised where he seems handy. Match winner, madness to nullify him.

Yup spot on. Said on another thread I feel sorry for Cantwell a bit as he gives you everything. The ludicrous decision to bench him for the season opener to playing him out of position just doesn't make any sense.

I seen someone else saying that Beale is overthinking it just now and I'd agree with that. Chopping and changing far too much, whilst putting too much emphasis on the opposition. Get your best players in their best positions as a starting point.

Like you, I fear it will be too late for him though, obviously hope I'm wildly wrong with that.

Yup spot on. Said on another thread I feel sorry for Cantwell a bit as he gives you everything. The ludicrous decision to bench him for the season opener to playing him out of position just doesn't make any sense.

I seen someone else saying that Beale is overthinking it just now and I'd agree with that. Chopping and changing far too much, whilst putting too much emphasis on the opposition. Get your best players in their best positions as a starting point.

Like you, I fear it will be too late for him though, obviously hope I'm wildly wrong with that.
I think Beale is starting to panic a bit. Becoming erratic. He probably would play his best players, and best shape. But he's not got a fucking clue what either are. I like him as a man, but it's becoming quite apparent he's not the football manager for us. He's got a place in the game, but it's not as Rangers manager I don't think.

The crazy thing is these cheap managerial punts probably end up costing more money in the long term than investing in a quality manager as we are having to pay them off and rebuild the squad completely again on a regular basis.
It's high time we invested in a proper manager. No more punts or newbies.

Who is the absolute fucking muppet asking about Tav in the press conference?

Back