Michael Beale

Nathan9719972

Seeing what Lafferty is saying there about how behind the scenes Beale is the man when it comes to the tactics etc, says gerrard is a great manager but Beale is the brains of the management team and reckons he could step up and there would be no change. Is Beale our long term manager.

Seeing what Lafferty is saying there about how behind the scenes Beale is the man when it comes to the tactics etc, says gerrard is a great manager but Beale is the brains of the management team and reckons he could step up and there would be no change. Is Beale our long term manager.
Why would he be our long term manager, the fact we have won nothing in 6 attempts would suggest he’s not very good.

These guys need time but I’m confident if they get it we will have a new dynasty a la Souness and Sir Walter.

And we'll continue to fail if we keep sacking managers after every setback, Stevie has brought the feel good factor back and improved us massively, we're closer to success than you think.
The OP was about Beale being the tactician in the management set up, no one is saying sack SG. Maybe we need to look at our tactics though, we are one dimensional and stuck to a formation that every team in Scotland has worked out.

We have to be more flexible if we want to be successful in this country.

A coach and a manager are 2 different jobs that are not interchangeable. Reading some of Beales interviews and the recent Athletic article, it's clear Beale loves coaching. I can't see him wanting to be a manager.

A coach and a manager are 2 different jobs that are not interchangeable. Reading some of Beales interviews and the recent Athletic article, it's clear Beale loves coaching. I can't see him wanting to be a manager.
He was determined to become a manager by 40 but put it on the backburner because he couldn't turn us down

And we'll continue to fail if we keep sacking managers after every setback, Stevie has brought the feel good factor back and improved us massively, we're closer to success than you think.

So what ex-manager do you think would have turned it around??

Let's not rewrite things here - SG was nearly out the door before CV19 took hold. He better have us hitting the ground running and if we see any of that early 2020 form then the natives will quickly grow restless.

A feel good factor that has blown hot and cold. A year and half ago we won on hogmanay and yet in that time we've won nothing; yet after that match we should have had the platform to push on. I love Gerrard in so many ways, and want him to lead us to success, but we should have been doing better. Hopefully next year.

Gerrard has taken us forward leaps and bounds off the park.

It’s on the park we have failed so far.
On the field in terms of trophies but let's not forget, he's taken us to a whisker of winning league Cup against them. No more pumping against them. Taken us considerably in Europe twice. Won 3 times in a year over them. Yes there has been turbulence along way but we wouldn't even be at stage with the team without Gerrard. There's been huge progress. I know its frustrating not winning like we were in 90s but were nearly there.

Don't think a guy behind tactics that consistently fail against Aberdeen and Kilmarnock will get the Rangers job unless that radically changes this season.

Michael Beale is known as a good coach, our tactics for playing teams we know are going to come on to us in Europe have been great. The tactics for breaking down the above teams less so.

It was imperative he got the right team around him, hopefully Wilson is another piece of the jigsaw.
I don't think it's a surprise to hear they about Beale, he was attributed with playing 4-3-2 after a red card and I thought we have been tremendous at times with a player(s) deficit.
I hope to God we don't have the same deficiencies as last year and the entire coaching team learn.

The OP was about Beale being the tactician in the management set up, no one is saying sack SG. Maybe we need to look at our tactics though, we are one dimensional and stuck to a formation that every team in Scotland has worked out.

We have to be more flexible if we want to be successful in this country.
Can we wait until the season starts at least before we start with the negativity?

Back