Michael Beale

Seeing what Lafferty is saying there about how behind the scenes Beale is the man when it comes to the tactics etc, says gerrard is a great manager but Beale is the brains of the management team and reckons he could step up and there would be no change. Is Beale our long term manager.
He talks well.
However, we've failed these past two seasons and that's the bottom line.
What, in reality, has he done that would justify him being Rangers manager?

He could also outspend his rivals by a fair bit.
Souness added himself, butcher and woods and won the league at the first attempt.
Very strong hearts , aberdeen , dundee utd and tims as well.
Even ally dawson played 10 games. Souness usually didnt loose money on players he bought and sold.

It really depends how this season goes. If Gerrard turns thing around and brings success then eventually he will go and Beale might be the logical replacement.

If we have another season without a trophy I expect a completely new approach will be needed

Not if Gerrard fails with us why would we keep someone that was the brains behind Someone that’s just failed

I know right?!? I mean the waster couldn't even feed 5000 people with 5 loaves and 2 fish!

Cause if he'd won the league by now it would have been a miracle considerring he took a team finishing 3rrd in the league and is up against a team with at least twice the budget and who's back pocket contains the media, compliance officer, refs, the fixture writers, the SPFL board, and at least 50% of the member clubs (based on the vote for an independent inquiry). As for the SFA... Let's see how arbitration goes eh?

But your right. Let's just blame Gerrard, and choose to ignore the fact since he came in we are no longer failing to finish in the top 2 every year, that we are no longer being bent over by celtic every time we face them, that we are attracting massive commercial deals (which Ashley was finally unable to match) which certainly wernt coming in before gerrard, and of course, the "crouching Gerrard critic, Hidden Tim's" super-power of ignoring European success, which has brought:

- a massive increase in the clubs international profile, returning our reputation (outside of Scotland) to almost pre-2012 levels.
- an increase in the quality of new players we can attract to the club
- an increase in sponsorship, TV and gate receipts, providing a financial security that has allowed us to actually improve the squad during the global pandemic!
- a massive increase in Scotland coefficient shooting us up over 10 places in the table which will benefit football in Scotland for years to come. In fact the only down side to this is that when we do finally unseat celtic from their gifted throne, they will still get a crack at the champions league!

But sure... Boo Gerrard!

And yet, we have finished the season over twenty points ahead of all these teams who have us sussed!
Yeah that’s not how it works, we are trying to finish above every team in the league and that won’t happen until we stop dropping silly points against the teams below us.

I know right?!? I mean the waster couldn't even feed 5000 people with 5 loaves and 2 fish!

Cause if he'd won the league by now it would have been a miracle considerring he took a team finishing 3rrd in the league and is up against a team with at least twice the budget and who's back pocket contains the media, compliance officer, refs, the fixture writers, the SPFL board, and at least 50% of the member clubs (based on the vote for an independent inquiry). As for the SFA... Let's see how arbitration goes eh?

But your right. Let's just blame Gerrard, and choose to ignore the fact since he came in we are no longer failing to finish in the top 2 every year, that we are no longer being bent over by celtic every time we face them, that we are attracting massive commercial deals (which Ashley was finally unable to match) which certainly wernt coming in before gerrard, and of course, the "crouching Gerrard critic, Hidden Tim's" super-power of ignoring European success, which has brought:

- a massive increase in the clubs international profile, returning our reputation (outside of Scotland) to almost pre-2012 levels.
- an increase in the quality of new players we can attract to the club
- an increase in sponsorship, TV and gate receipts, providing a financial security that has allowed us to actually improve the squad during the global pandemic!
- a massive increase in Scotland coefficient shooting us up over 10 places in the table which will benefit football in Scotland for years to come. In fact the only down side to this is that when we do finally unseat celtic from their gifted throne, they will still get a crack at the champions league!

But sure... Boo Gerrard!
Calm down it’s about Beale getting the job after Gerrard. Away and have a lie down

It really depends how this season goes. If Gerrard turns thing around and brings success then eventually he will go and Beale might be the logical replacement.

If we have another season without a trophy I expect a completely new approach will be needed
Your post is skipping quite a few beats. If Gerrard brings success then eventually he will go?

You obviously don't get along to many games if you don't think he has taken us forward leaps and bounds on the park
Don’t miss many games at all if any, we haven’t won a trophy in 6 attempts, im going to class that as a failure.

We have improved though but id expect improvement with the money spent.

No.
For all Beale may be the "brains" in terms of tactics and the football, Gerrard is the manager... he'll manage the players, difficult situations, he'll be the guy to decide what areas he wants Beale to be focussing his sessions on.

Yeah that’s not how it works, we are trying to finish above every team in the league and that won’t happen until we stop dropping silly points against the teams below us.
Well, if they’ve got us sussed or know how to play us, why are they not beating us?
It’s not too difficult a question.
Unless, of course, they actually don’t have it sussed at all and are relying on huge swathes of good fortune aligned to our incompetence on the day.

I’m not certain that Michael Beale would just follow Gerrard everywhere. If you read the article on The Athletic, he comes across as his own man who makes his own decisions to progress his career (the example in the article was when he was offered the chance to be Sao Paolo assistant manager and he was at the airport with doubts about whether he wanted to go to Brazil, due to family staying at home). He decided to go to Brazil to progress his career and threw himself into learning the language and culture. Doesn’t come across as a lost puppy, just following someone around.

Well, if they’ve got us sussed or know how to play us, why are they not beating us?
It’s not too difficult a question.
Unless, of course, they actually don’t have it sussed at all and are relying on huge swathes of good fortune aligned to our incompetence on the day.
Played Aberdeen 9 times and won 3 drawn 3 and lost 3, that's not a record that's going to win you trophies.

We struggle to break down a low bloc, everyone in Scotland knows it and it's cost us time and time again over the last 2 seasons.

I always gets bit irked l I when I here people who always slate SG and his shortcomings. I think an important factor that a lot of people seem to overlook is the financial aspect of us as a club and our wages and what Celtic are doing . In most of the leagues across the world , normally ( not always ) there is a direct correlation on what a club spends on wages and it’s relative league position . I think SG has done ok , not perfect but I think in order to “bridge the gap” the club either needs to get closer to Celtic financially or it’s management structure needs to be superior . Considering SG is learning as he is quite new to management it’s seems that expecting to him to automatically overturn the gap with a lesser wage bill will always be challenging. Only my opinion

It will be interesting to see if we return with a different tactical approach to this season.

You’d hope the post Xmas collapse has given Gerrard and Beale some serious food for thought in all the enforced downtime they’ve had.

I have my doubts though. For a start, we haven’t made any signings that suggest a new approach is coming - although it would be unfair to hold that against them - but the new season is just three weeks away so time is not on their side.

If it’s just more of the same, results are unlikely to be any different and then the idea of Beale succeeding Gerrard becomes laughably academic.

It will be interesting to see if we return with a different tactical approach to this season.

You’d hope the post Xmas collapse has given Gerrard and Beale some serious food for thought in all the enforced downtime they’ve had.

I have my doubts though. For a start, we haven’t made any signings that suggest a new approach is coming - although it would be unfair to hold that against them - but the new season is just three weeks away so time is not on their side.

If it’s just more of the same, results are unlikely to be any different and then the idea of Beale succeeding Gerrard becomes laughably academic.
I dont see hagi turning us into a league winning team.
So unless the existing players can up there game then we have a problem.
Going forward whether its a year or 3 , i would like the management team to be ex players such as kevin thomson and others.
Due to the goldfish bowl of Scotland that would be my preference.

Not uncommon for the number 2 to be close to the tactical detail. Like any teams, you have the strategisers that work at a high level and those who support the detail of meeting the strategy

I thought this was common knowledge? If you look at the training videos its always Beale taking training.

I know he’s very well respected and loved on FF, I think domestically he’s all over the place. Needs to really get a grip with what the spfl is.
I suspect Beale is the one responsible for false tens and the likes. As you say, we need to accept what works in Europe isn’t always best in Scottish hoofba’ and just keep it simple.
e.g. let Kent play as a winger, stop encouraging him to run inside with the ball until it’s lost. Just stop with the cunning plans, Mick.

A coaching staff all bring different attributes to the gig. This will be true in the very best coaching teams to the very worst of them. I see no problem Beale being the tactical brains. Plus, I'm assuming Gerrard is learning stuff from Beale along the way.

I dont see hagi turning us into a league winning team.
So unless the existing players can up there game then we have a problem.
Going forward whether its a year or 3 , i would like the management team to be ex players such as kevin thomson and others.
Due to the goldfish bowl of Scotland that would be my preference.

Hagi was in the side that floundered so dismally domestically, so no, I don’t see that either, unless . . . we play to his strengths and build the side around him as a proper no. 10, not this double trouble false 10 training manual concept thing.

One of the main benefits of hiring Gerrard was that by doing so we were getting an EPL quality backroom team.
But they are a team, and Gerrard will compliment Beale's weaknesses as much as the other way around

Played Aberdeen 9 times and won 3 drawn 3 and lost 3, that's not a record that's going to win you trophies.

We struggle to break down a low bloc, everyone in Scotland knows it and it's cost us time and time again over the last 2 seasons.

The last time we won the title we lost to Hibs, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Celtic x2 and drew with Inverness twice.

The next time we win the league we will drop points to other run of the mill sides in the league.

The last time we won the title we lost to Hibs, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Celtic x2 and drew with Inverness twice.

The next time we win the league we will drop points to other run of the mill sides in the league.
If we keep dropping points to run of the mill sides and the mentally challengeds keep swatting them aside then it’s going to be a long time till we next win the league.

If we keep dropping points to run of the mill sides and the mentally challengeds keep swatting them aside then it’s going to be a long time till we next win the league.

Exactly. So we need them to drop their levels slightly and then we will be there ready to pounce.

If they keep churning out 95ish points a season it's going to be tough for any manager to stop them.

Back