Michael Beale

Dotty_84

I'm only looking at us winning the League for now. If Gerrard moves on after being successful I reckon most of that backroom staff will go with him. I do expect a chance that Gary Mac might stay back and possibly have the chance of being our Gaffer. Only is Stevie is successful mind you.

Kilsyth Unionist

Thinking about the long term here beyond SG eventually going back to take charge at Anfield.

I think only the blind (and lurking timposters) on here will fail to admit there is genuine progress been made year on year. That is by design and all with an eye on the bigger picture of long term stable superiority.
Do we think that the structure being built would be best taken on by someone who is central to it? Mick Beale hasn’t had a number one job yet but he definitely wants to be a manager eventually. Could this be a longer term strategy to continue the momentum?
No.

ensignquagmire

Personally I feel Gerrard will only go when he has taken us as far as he thinks he can. There’s still a fair good bit to go in this respect though and I can’t wait to see what we achieve at his peak.
I really hope we can see a Gerrard Rangers team in the champions league.

Kilsyth Unionist

Personally I feel Gerrard will only go when he has taken us as far as he thinks he can. There’s still a fair good bit to go in this respect though and I can’t wait to see what we achieve at his peak.
I really hope we can see a Gerrard Rangers team in the champions league.
When Souness left , very few wanted Walter as the manager as a big name was wished for by the fans.
It was quite surprising at the time that he got the job but Murray was correct in this instance to give him it. Because we are the back water of Scotland, we need a name to attract players.
Most players out there today wont remember mcallister playing either.

Fergie90

Don't think Gerrard would take the Liverpool job without Beale tbh.

Beale created this system and works on it everyday with the players and Gerrard picks the team. It wouldn't be the same if Beale wasn't by his side imo

Hazylight1989

We have Gerrard under contract for another 3 and a half years so I wouldn't be too worried just yet - however it is inevitable he will move on from us eventually but part of the beauty of the excellent work Gerrard has done is that the Rangers managers job is now infinitely more attractive than it was when he took over.

BucksBear

Management is a team, Steven is the figurehead of that team, but he relies heavily on the team and will want to take the team to his next role.

Regardless of the outcome of the league, he has been a success. His management team have coached the players incredibly well and is making them all better and more tactically astute. You can see the different with the shite that they are less than the sum of their parts. TLB takes players and makes them worse through poor coaching and tactics.

if he wins the league with his comparative budget then it will be an amazing feat, but first and foremost, he made Rangers into Rangers again.

Reactions: fmp

SmileyBear

A bit early days this I don't get why we already have his bags packed and the destination is Liverpool set in stone.

Disraeli

Gerrard will only leave for one club, and I don’t see their been a vacancy there for a few years yet

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
We have been building something for over two years which now looks to be working. As a management group the dynamic is evidently bearing fruit.

Ive seen a few of these weird threads about "next up when Gerrard goes". Fùck all that, and let's see where we can go with him here.

We are really starting to show what is possible when you stick with a plan, back a manager, and invest sensibly in recruitment. If (ok when) we win the league under Gerrard you can bet your bollocks that he won't be going ANYWHERE without having a crack at the Champions League with Rangers.

No time for what ifs. Leave it for the taigs to figure out who their next manager will be, the fucking cuntś
Last three words nails it mate :D

prenzlauerbear

It's insane isn't it? He might turn into a top coach or manager but he was bloody coaching amateur teams about 18 months ago through his KT Academy.

I think we all love Kev as a player and a guy, but as a co-commentator he is still pretty raw! You'd imagine Hibs would overlook him for someone with a bit more clout if Ross moved on.

The Gerrard appointment was a bit of an anomaly in that the club was crying out for a name and personality who could galvanise the support. He's done that and we're now in a different place.

Drumchapel-Bear

I think we all love Kev as a player and a guy, but as a co-commentator he is still pretty raw! You'd imagine Hibs would overlook him for someone with a bit more clout if Ross moved on.

The Gerrard appointment was a bit of an anomaly in that the club was crying out for a name and personality who could galvanise the support. He's done that and we're now in a different place.

Absolutely.

Going back to Beale though, I have no doubt he will be a serious candidate for the job if/when Gerrard moves on. A lot of it will depend on what Beale actually wants himself. I am sure I read previously he said he went to Brazil to gain experience as he eventually wanted to become a manager one day, but he was more than happy in his current role at Rangers under Gerrard. When Gerrard goes, it will depend on whether Beale wants to go with him or have a shot at being his own man.

Beale is the main man at the club behind the scenes. Gerrard is the motivator and man manager but Beale is the brains behind the operation.

The argument against Beale is that a good coach doesn't always make a good manager and that's true, but every world class manager was also a coach at some point as well. They all start somewhere. It's a very British attitude this that the coach can't step up and be the manager. With you being based in Germany yourself, you will be acutely aware of the Germany mentality of promoting from within when it comes to management roles at their football club. It is working out not too bad for Germany recently, with some of the best young managers in the world currently operating in Germany and coming through the ranks as relative unknowns before getting a chance to manage clubs.

change consent