Michael Beale

Gerrard will only leave for one club, and I don’t see their been a vacancy there for a few years yet

We have been building something for over two years which now looks to be working. As a management group the dynamic is evidently bearing fruit.

Ive seen a few of these weird threads about "next up when Gerrard goes". Fùck all that, and let's see where we can go with him here.

We are really starting to show what is possible when you stick with a plan, back a manager, and invest sensibly in recruitment. If (ok when) we win the league under Gerrard you can bet your bollocks that he won't be going ANYWHERE without having a crack at the Champions League with Rangers.

No time for what ifs. Leave it for the poets to figure out who their next manager will be, the fucking cuntś
Last three words nails it mate :D

It's insane isn't it? He might turn into a top coach or manager but he was bloody coaching amateur teams about 18 months ago through his KT Academy.

I think we all love Kev as a player and a guy, but as a co-commentator he is still pretty raw! You'd imagine Hibs would overlook him for someone with a bit more clout if Ross moved on.

The Gerrard appointment was a bit of an anomaly in that the club was crying out for a name and personality who could galvanise the support. He's done that and we're now in a different place.

I think we all love Kev as a player and a guy, but as a co-commentator he is still pretty raw! You'd imagine Hibs would overlook him for someone with a bit more clout if Ross moved on.

The Gerrard appointment was a bit of an anomaly in that the club was crying out for a name and personality who could galvanise the support. He's done that and we're now in a different place.

Absolutely.

Going back to Beale though, I have no doubt he will be a serious candidate for the job if/when Gerrard moves on. A lot of it will depend on what Beale actually wants himself. I am sure I read previously he said he went to Brazil to gain experience as he eventually wanted to become a manager one day, but he was more than happy in his current role at Rangers under Gerrard. When Gerrard goes, it will depend on whether Beale wants to go with him or have a shot at being his own man.

Beale is the main man at the club behind the scenes. Gerrard is the motivator and man manager but Beale is the brains behind the operation.

The argument against Beale is that a good coach doesn't always make a good manager and that's true, but every world class manager was also a coach at some point as well. They all start somewhere. It's a very British attitude this that the coach can't step up and be the manager. With you being based in Germany yourself, you will be acutely aware of the Germany mentality of promoting from within when it comes to management roles at their football club. It is working out not too bad for Germany recently, with some of the best young managers in the world currently operating in Germany and coming through the ranks as relative unknowns before getting a chance to manage clubs.

Back