Michael Beale

I thought I read/heard on a pod that Villa were paying Beale more to be a coach than we had budgeted to pay a manger. Any truth in that? If so, surely he'd be taking a massive pay cut to go to Charlton.
Came on to post something similar. H&H mentioned at the time that after his spell with Villa Beale will never need to work again if he doesn't want to.

He will be on easily £1m a year, if not more, at them.

I don't get this having a go at Gerrard. I loved the guy when here and wish him all the best. Sure he didn't leave in the best of circumstances but he gave us 55

Came on to post something similar. H&H mentioned at the time that after his spell with Villa Beale will never need to work again if he doesn't want to.

Which will mean he is already highly sought after. Didn't Beale at one time say he wanted to be a manager one day? I could be wrong though.

Whether it's Gio or Gerrard they are only as good as their backroom staff. Coaches managers,sports fitness etal it's about teamwork and complementing each other

Sure he did get a massive pay rise to move to Villa. Quadrupled or something silly like that.

Whether it's Gio or Gerrard they are only as good as their backroom staff. Coaches managers,sports fitness etal it's about teamwork and complementing each other
100% agree.

Beale obviously very highly thought of, he might just have found his niche though he's always fancied going out on his own.

I worry he'd be a bit like Warburton, great when things going well but will his "philosophy" cloud his better judgment?

100% agree.

Beale obviously very highly thought of, he might just have found his niche though he's always fancied going out on his own.

I worry he'd be a bit like Warburton, great when things going well but will his "philosophy" cloud his better judgment?
So many facets to putting a winning team on the pitch,the manager will have to delegate so much and be trusting of the backroom team around him. You're right mate of Beale continues with the do plan A better strategy it might be his downfall, sadly.

Time will tell, like you say mate, but i honestly think Beale has a reputation thats unfairly gained. He got credit for everything we did well, but never took any blame. For example, last year when we lost to St Mirren and St Johnstone in the cup. Gerrard copped the flack for both - but if Beale was the brains of the outfit, surely he should have taken the blame for those disasters too?

We will find out soon enough, i suppose

He is a very good coach but like you say he got all the praise for how the team set up, our pressing, tactics etc but was never questioned when this set up wasn't working. Its obviously a team effort but it did seem Beale, on numerous occasions, along with Gerrard really struggled to change a game when it wasn't going our way.

100% agree.

You have to admire the broad range of experience Beale has acquired so far, which has the look of a stepping stone into management; and he still relatively young as well.

The bonuses for keeping them in the EPL will probably be massive
Owen Coyle got a £3 million bonus for keeping Bolton up and that was about 12 years ago
Worked for his bil at the time

Back