Michael Beale

Hahaha aye I’m sure he will, because Steven Gerrard won’t be able to attract another top class coach? Ffs
Beale is his crutch and they have a good relationship.
No doubt he will get another coach in but nothing to say its works.
Imo Beale is the brains and Gerrard the name to get players interested.
Time will tell

Time will tell
Coutinho and Digne definitely didn’t move for Beale mate. Seemingly Gio never got his first pick but we ended up with the Ajax youth honcho so there’s always going to be a top alternative wanting to work with Gerrard

Time will tell

Time will tell, like you say mate, but i honestly think Beale has a reputation thats unfairly gained. He got credit for everything we did well, but never took any blame. For example, last year when we lost to St Mirren and St Johnstone in the cup. Gerrard copped the flack for both - but if Beale was the brains of the outfit, surely he should have taken the blame for those disasters too?

We will find out soon enough, i suppose

Coutinho and Digne definitely didn’t move for Beale mate. Seemingly Gio never got his first pick but we ended up with the Ajax youth honcho so there’s always going to be a top alternative wanting to work with Gerrard
You did read the bit I said Gerrard was the name to get players in?
Souness left without Walter and was a great success at Liverpool and Newcastle...that's right he wasn't.
As I said he will get another coach but whether the chemistry is right remains to be seen. Without Beale Gerrard will be lost, if Beale moves on of course.

Always had the impression that Beale was hauled out of Rangers against his better judgement by showing loyalty to SG.
Maybe he now feels he wants to be master of his own destiny and not be put in a similar position again.
A good longer term prospect for us.

There are some aspects of Beale's tactics that are elaborate, perhaps overly so, but when we didn't have the ball it was obvious how brilliant he was when it came to shape and organisation; we were virtually impossible to break down at times. Van Bronkhorst has us attacking the ball more, in defence, but I still think Beale gave a subtlety in defence rarely seen in a Rangers side before.

Last edited:
Gerrard without Beale would leave him like Wise without Morecambe, Corbett without Barker (not Brandon). In other words, he'd be fckd.

Ive got a lot of time for Beale and hope he does well wherever he goes,

He reads the game well and has potential to be a great manager

I have it from the horses mouth (Beale himself) that it’s in his plans to return to us one day. I will watch with interest as his career progresses but he loves it here and wants to come back at some point.
He must come from down my way. my daughters pal is his cousin and she is from Welling, which is only a few miles from Charlton so maybe that is his boyhood club.

He was pretty open about how upset his family were to be leaving Scotland and moving back down south. Assuming they'd have to move again if he took this and not sure he’d do that, especially as soon into his time at Villa.

Before SG and his team which obviously included Beale left we looked bereft of ideas. Same tactics every week and they were no longer working.

We were going a goal down most match days before we got started. We had no idea how to change play up top with the same aimless balls being thrown into no one and tightening up the back looked beyond us.

We had been found out.

Same players can mix it up with several game plans an option. They can do it mid game as well nowadays.

That management team were great for us, delivering 55 will always see them hold a special place for me. But if i look back objectively over the piece then tactically i think they maybe get a bit more credit than they are due.

They split, they go it alone as their own men? It will be interesting to see who makes the most of that.

He was pretty open about how upset his family were to be leaving Scotland and moving back down south. Assuming they'd have to move again if he took this and not sure he’d do that, especially as soon into his time at Villa.
Maybe his family have not settled. Maybe he has not settled.

Moves are a big risk, takes a lot of luck to make a complete family unit happy.

Charlton are muck and have a bellend of an owner. He could do much better.

Cardiff were linked pretty heavily with him last year and they play in the division above.
He was a Charlton fan as a kid, local lad, played in the junior set up, has a lot of links with the club.

Beale is from Mottingham and Charlton's training ground in at the Uni Campus about a mile from there (I think). Maybe a nice one for him to cut his teeth.
We have our own independent training ground, Sparrows Lane, New Eltham, hopefully about to get Academy Cat 1 status, university of Greenwich campus is next door and sometimes use the facilities

Has been heavily linked with the Charlton job. Gerrard making noises about it that he hopes he stays with him as part of “the journey”, but he wouldn’t stand in anyone’s way. Reckon he is ready to cut the strings and give it a go on his own. Will watch with interest.

Lol, Gerrard's got a fucking cheek...

We have our own independent training ground, Sparrows Lane, New Eltham, hopefully about to get Academy Cat 1 status, university of Greenwich campus is next door and sometimes use the facilities
I know the area mate as I still trundle out for a vets team in that area, we have used the campus for occasional training.

Reactions: DA9
It will be interesting to see how he gets on if he takes the Charlton job. It will be also very interesting to see how Gerard gets on without him.

The rumours being constantly he was the driving force behind Gerrard in terms of tactics, training etc. Now we will see if that is the case or if it was all just rumours.

I’m not really getting why most here are super impressed with this management teams tactics compared to the previous regime. The previous regime won the league at a canter and this regime blew a good lead.

So I assume we are talking about winning games in Scotland when the league was already gone, or it’s based on the great European performance. It has to be remembered the previous regime built this team that has been great in Europe, always did well, and were improving by the year in that arena. However the current regime has definitely stepped that up a level in Europe. The proof will be in the week to week performance in Scotland - and the jury is still out on that.
So you genuinely think that Gerrard, Beale, Culshaw and Gary Mac are a better management team than we currently have?

Outside last season we where horrible to watch at times. Hamilton at Ibrox, Hearts in the cup. We where beginning to go back to the same form before he left.

Time will tell, like you say mate, but i honestly think Beale has a reputation thats unfairly gained. He got credit for everything we did well, but never took any blame. For example, last year when we lost to St Mirren and St Johnstone in the cup. Gerrard copped the flack for both - but if Beale was the brains of the outfit, surely he should have taken the blame for those disasters too?

Villa expect him to take the Charlton job

In the Man City game apprently Beale convinced Gerrard to change formation when they were 2 up - City then scored 3 in 5 minutes

This is just a slightly educated guess on my part, but I always thought that McAllister was the one with more responsibilities for cup games, as he was the one usually handling the press conferences and that only really happened with our cup games. For most of them anyway, the finals I guess it was more Beale again

With Klopp's extension Beale probably knows that this increases the risk of the management team under Gerrard being fired if Villa don't improve in the next season or two. If he gets an opportunity he may well take it unless he can afford to be unemployed between Villa and Liverpool.

I thought I read/heard on a pod that Villa were paying Beale more to be a coach than we had budgeted to pay a manger. Any truth in that? If so, surely he'd be taking a massive pay cut to go to Charlton.

Back