Michael Beale's Objectives

One cup minimum.
Win the second half of the season, I.E the gap to be less than 9 points when the end comes around.

Win 2/3 league OF’s minimum.

Put yourself in Ross Wilson's size fives...

What would you regard as success this season for Michael? Future seasons we know its to win everything and perform better in Europe, but what about this season?

Win the league?
Just close the gap and begin to put the squeeze on that mob?
League Cup?
Scottish Cup?
Double?

What do you want to see as a sign of things to come for the rest of this season?

Cup double & no more spankings from them

Just show signs of getting us back to where we should and want to be, dont really understand all the win this or that chat it was always going to be a tough job he needs time and hopefully a few quid to buy some better players in important positions. No one has to tell the guy he needs to at least compete with the filth and give them a game.

Just show signs of getting us back to where we should and want to be, dont really understand all the win this or that chat it was always going to be a tough job he needs time and hopefully a few quid to buy some better players in important positions. No one has to tell the guy he needs to at least compete with the filth and give them a game.
That is exactly what getting the club back to where it should be entails - winning.

Has to win the next 2 old firm games at a minimum (Ibrox game and most probably league cup final) as well as going on a long winning run in the league, probably needs both cups if we can't catch them in the league.

Sounds a lot to expect but that's the reality of Rangers, it's one of the hardest jobs in British football and always will be. Huge January transfer window coming up as well after 2 failed windows in a row we need any player signed to hit the ground running and make a serious impact in the second half of the season.

Think he may regret the “no time to lose, we need to win every match” giddiness - even we are not that unreasonable with our expectations .

I can understand him getting carried away in the moment mind you!
Since when has it been acceptable at Rangers to lose matches ? That's what's expected at this club you must win every game in the league especially when our rivals are on form any slip up isn't good enough and that's why gio isn't the manager anymore.

He's got a really tough task on his hands.
He needs to recycle the squad but yet not allow us to slip further behind in the league.
The support will demand a win against them on Jan 2nd and a cup before season end.
For next season he has to ensure we have signed a new goalkeeper, right back, centre half, central midfielder, right sided attacker and possibly a left sided dependant on what happens with Kent. They all have to be good enough to come into the first team as starters.

He's got a really tough task on his hands.
He needs to recycle the squad but yet not allow us to slip further behind in the league.
The support will demand a win against them on Jan 2nd and a cup before season end.
For next season he has to ensure we have signed a new goalkeeper, right back, centre half, central midfielder, right sided attacker and possibly a left sided dependant on what happens with Kent. They all have to be good enough to come into the first team as starters.
Probably add a striker in there as well.... Quite scary to read that need in the months ahead!! o_O

Since when has it been acceptable at Rangers to lose matches ? That's what's expected at this club you must win every game in the league especially when our rivals are on form any slip up isn't good enough and that's why gio isn't the manager anymore.
i didn’t mean it like that - the point I was trying to convey was I don’t think I’ve heard a manager declaring that as definitively - usually some form of caveat more to protect themselves as inevitably football teams don’t win every match. Never mind, it was a clumsily made point by me not intending to suggest we drop our standards etc

Start mollicating SPFL teams home & away instead of treating the games as if we’re playing Real Madrid every week.

All we can hope for is closing the gap and hoping they feel the pinch from it, one of the cups is a must though with or without the league but I’m afraid it’s their title to lose at the moment

Back in the day I did that Team Leader gig, you know KPIs, team appraisals, projects to save the company money etc. Incidentally, David Brent's appraisal with big Keith in 'The Office' sums that part up.

However, with the saving-the-company money exercise I learned that an objective is a RUM statement. An objective has to be;

Reasonable
Understandable
Measureable

Such is the scale of the carnage Michael Beale is coming into I'm not sure the RUM theory applies. It goes without saying if he wins his first five league matches in charge the landscape alters slightly. A ne'erday win gives this squad a bit of belief in themselves, which might propel them to a LC win. Which could fuel another SC win. However, there is a flip side to that, which doesn't bear thinking about.

The bottom line, when you cut out all the waffle is; Michael Beale's one and only remit is to overhaul almost an entire first team squad in the next two transfer windows so we hit the ground running to make sure we are in the draw for the CL group stages next September.

Two transfer windows aided and abetted by Wilson, unless he tells him to piss off. Two transfer windows were all the new individual parts need to gel and accompany each other so we become an outfit, which will have to be greater than the sum of their parts, so we don't suffer the European humiliations of this term.

This will take money. A whole lot more than GVB was given in the summer to bolster an already over the hill squad. Which doesn't make any sense. I mean, how can you give a new manager, with hardly any experience more of a budget in the transfer market than a guy who let's face it really was the goose that laid the golden egg for the board in the calendar year, 2022?

Remember also, if, as seems likely the filth do win the title then that is them already £25-30m ahead of the game than us for next term. That's assuming they don't add to a squad that has all but runaway with the title in the first three months of this one. Which seems unlikely.

In short, Michael Beale has the comeback of all comebacks to make on the park and the main reason is the financial prizes for winning the title has taken us onto a different level, another realm. The irony of course being MB played a part in this situation becoming a reality.

That's the reality of the only main objective there is for the man. Getting us into the CL groups next season. A domestic bauble, or even two, this term gives us a day out and nothing more.

A huge overhaul in the summer probably means we won’t tinker too much in January so it’s a hard task asking the same players to claw back 9 (effectively 10 with GD) points and win two cups but to be honest we’re Rangers and that’s what we expect.
The truth is we have a demoralised squad and no style or substance, bring back pride and hunger is his first task in December, hopefully once the players get belief then they can push on.
Hopefully we can add quality in January to boost the squad and maybe find a gem sitting on the sidelines who’ll take the new manager coming in as a chance to make a first team starting place his.

Improvements in player morale
Improvements in defensive organisation
Claw back as many points as possible.
January signings
A clear style and player roles on show
Giving zero respect to these cunts from the other side in the old firm games
Pretty much this.
Shocking how we’ve gone from winning the league to this so quickly.

Back in the day I did that Team Leader gig, you know KPIs, team appraisals, projects to save the company money etc. Incidentally, David Brent's appraisal with big Keith in 'The Office' sums that part up.

However, with the saving-the-company money exercise I learned that an objective is a RUM statement. An objective has to be;

Reasonable
Understandable
Measureable

Such is the scale of the carnage Michael Beale is coming into I'm not sure the RUM theory applies. It goes without saying if he wins his first five league matches in charge the landscape alters slightly. A ne'erday win gives this squad a bit of belief in themselves, which might propel them to a LC win. Which could fuel another SC win. However, there is a flip side to that, which doesn't bear thinking about.

The bottom line, when you cut out all the waffle is; Michael Beale's one and only remit is to overhaul almost an entire first team squad in the next two transfer windows so we hit the ground running to make sure we are in the draw for the CL group stages next September.

Two transfer windows aided and abetted by Wilson, unless he tells him to piss off. Two transfer windows were all the new individual parts need to gel and accompany each other so we become an outfit, which will have to be greater than the sum of their parts, so we don't suffer the European humiliations of this term.

This will take money. A whole lot more than GVB was given in the summer to bolster an already over the hill squad. Which doesn't make any sense. I mean, how can you give a new manager, with hardly any experience more of a budget in the transfer market than a guy who let's face it really was the goose that laid the golden egg for the board in the calendar year, 2022?

Remember also, if, as seems likely the filth do win the title then that is them already £25-30m ahead of the game than us for next term. That's assuming they don't add to a squad that has all but runaway with the title in the first three months of this one. Which seems unlikely.

In short, Michael Beale has the comeback of all comebacks to make on the park and the main reason is the financial prizes for winning the title has taken us onto a different level, another realm. The irony of course being MB played a part in this situation becoming a reality.

That's the reality of the only main objective there is for the man. Getting us into the CL groups next season. A domestic bauble, or even two, this term gives us a day out and nothing more.
It’s great points and I do wonder what the risk mitigation discussions were around sticking with GVB and give him funds to rebuild the team and giving it to Beale to rebuild the team?

Get us at the very least a trophy and beat them a few times as the league is still a possibility if we beat them in January.

Quite simple really to say.

Back