Michael Beale's Rangers switch sparks Simon Jordan to question integrity as he rails against 'bloody managers'

You don’t think that was just a sound bite too?

Folk fall for all this ‘Rangers-itis’ bullshit all the time. It’s all about money and prestige. Loyalty belongs to fans and an extremely small number of players and managers. It’s that simple
you're right ... loyalty is left to fans and a very small number of players and managers ... and these are the ones that usually get shafted / shat on.

Beale out!
wouldnt go as far as to say that mate ... maybe in 6 months though!

Seriously ... if he takes the job i pray he'll do well. But his attitude and his conduct up to now dont fill me with confidence. What other Rangers manager would rock up at Ibrox, the big man, before his predecessor had even lost his job? Oh yeah ... Gerrard did didnt he! And he was off like a shot at the first decent gig he was offered

Beale loved his time at Rangers and being the manager would be his dream job.if he is offered the job then he has been succesful in his ambition to manage the club he has already been at and loves.theres a massive difference being offered the wolves job and being offered the job to manage Rangers which is his ultimate goal.
Really? Then why didnt he stay when gerrard jumped ship? If he was as good as people say then if he said he wanted to stay they'd have kept him ... maybe even given him the job back then.

Brazil ... sacked after 6 months
Chelsea ... coached mainly under 7 and under 9s
Villa ... 3rd in command ... 6 months
QPR ... nearly 6 months ... win rate 40%

Sound like our kinda manager? I'll give him ... 6 months seem to be about his limit.

Not for me guys ... but i'm open to being convinced otherwise.
Well, that was an impartial review....

Brazil, worked in a futsal school for 6 months and then left.

Chelsea, started off as under 9 coach and ended up as Youth development officer after a decade of continual promotions within the club.

Villa, left to take up a managerial position at another club.

QPR in 22 games has taken a mid table team and has them sat a point of the playoffs despite a really poor run of results.

If you do not want him, or do not feel he is the right fit, that is absolutely fair enough but don't sit on the internet like a wee virgin making up lies to suit your opinion.

Well, that was an impartial review....

Brazil, worked in a futsal school for 6 months and then left.

Chelsea, started off as under 9 coach and ended up as Youth development officer after a decade of continual promotions within the club.

Villa, left to take up a managerial position at another club.

QPR in 22 games has taken a mid table team and has them sat a point of the playoffs despite a really poor run of results.

If you do not want him, or do not feel he is the right fit, that is absolutely fair enough but don't sit on the internet like a wee virgin making up lies to suit your opinion.
no lies in what i said.

We should revisit this post in 6 months ... then ... if i'm wrong i'll bow to your superior knowledge. But for now i'll stick to my opinion thank you and you can stick to yours.

If he gets the gig i'll be right behind him ... until then i'll give my opinion.

Next time i want my CV updating i'll give you a shout ... you can big it up better than i can

no lies in what i said.

We should revisit this post in 6 months ... then ... if i'm wrong i'll bow to your superior knowledge. But for now i'll stick to my opinion thank you and you can stick to yours.

If he gets the gig i'll be right behind him ... until then i'll give my opinion.

Next time i want my CV updating i'll give you a shout ... you can big it up better than i can

The Brazil one I will give you, for his second stint. His manager was sacked, so I guess him leaving as a result would probably fit into that, although it was hardly something you could hang on his door.

The Chelsea one in particular is just nonsense. He was there a decade and was promoted all the way to Youth Development Officer after starting at under 9 level (not 7, as if it matters)

You then missed out Liverpool, where he became senior development manager and then U23 manager.

I fully get that people may not think he is the right man, hell, I have no idea and am swinging between optimism and fear over it all but at least try and be fair when handing out 'facts' on his career to date. He has had a clear progression and advancement through his career and has been extremely well thought of across a number of elite clubs. He is certainly no mug.

Coming to Ibrox while GVB was under severe pressure a few days after another bad CL defeat in Napoli wasn’t great.
That interview doesn’t sound too clever also whatever way you look at it.

Really? Then why didnt he stay when gerrard jumped ship? If he was as good as people say then if he said he wanted to stay they'd have kept him ... maybe even given him the job back then.

Or Aston Villa blew us out of the water financially.

The Brazil one I will give you, for his second stint. His manager was sacked, so I guess him leaving as a result would probably fit into that, although it was hardly something you could hang on his door.

The Chelsea one in particular is just nonsense. He was there a decade and was promoted all the way to Youth Development Officer after starting at under 9 level (not 7, as if it matters)

You then missed out Liverpool, where he became senior development manager and then U23 manager.

I fully get that people may not think he is the right man, hell, I have no idea and am swinging between optimism and fear over it all but at least try and be fair when handing out 'facts' on his career to date. He has had a clear progression and advancement through his career and has been extremely well thought of across a number of elite clubs. He is certainly no mug.
hardly a meteoric rise ... under 9 coach to youth development officer in 10 years!

The OP never mentioned Liverpool ... but it was my understanding that he wasnt there for much more than 5 minutes.

I agree with your final statements ... it's a lottery for us all ... and as i said ... if he gets the job i'll be right behind him.

To be honest ... my real beef with him was in him rocking up at Ibrox, being the big man, while Gio was still in the job ... then going drinking in the Louden. Hardly the kind of conduct you want from a manager ... of any team. Seriously lacking respect and shows a lack of maturity in my opinion. Too opinionated in the media too ... all this "team that i loved" pish ... gie's a break man.

I understand that much of this is just hearsay and personal opinion but i cant help feeling that someone like Walter Smith would not have behaved in this way. Sign of the times i guess.

Jordan is just raging that Rangers are a bigger draw for Beale than a mid table premier league club.

Reactions: VGM
QPR know he loved it at Ibrox even so if any club said they wouldn't stand in your way then you can look at that as they don't care if he stays or goes not exactly filling desire for you to stay? Only my thoughts though lol

Jordan is right and Beale only has himself to blame for an utterly stupid and naive interview. No doubt, if we appoint him, he’ll say something about Rangers job being too good an opportunity and loving the Club and many will lap it up.

hardly a meteoric rise ... under 9 coach to youth development officer in 10 years!

The OP never mentioned Liverpool ... but it was my understanding that he wasnt there for much more than 5 minutes.

I agree with your final statements ... it's a lottery for us all ... and as i said ... if he gets the job i'll be right behind him.

To be honest ... my real beef with him was in him rocking up at Ibrox, being the big man, while Gio was still in the job ... then going drinking in the Louden. Hardly the kind of conduct you want from a manager ... of any team. Seriously lacking respect and shows a lack of maturity in my opinion. Too opinionated in the media too ... all this "team that i loved" pish ... gie's a break man.

I understand that much of this is just hearsay and personal opinion but i cant help feeling that someone like Walter Smith would not have behaved in this way. Sign of the times i guess.
Agreed. It showed a real lack of class from Beale.

Many posters saying he ditched his quote because " we are Rangers" If we are such a great lure and setting us aside from other clubs in our quest for management recruitment, why have we had a Portuguese experiment, a youth team coach, a Rangers legend with an ordinary track record and a former coach with 21 game experience as manager ?? Is it because the board have never looked further than their noses to find an established successful manager who would jump at the chance of "Rangers"

I think there's a lot of truth in what he says.

When we were on the end of a perceived lack of loyalty from Steven Gerrard we didn't like it.

Football is ruthless so these guys have to be in it for themselves but the optics around Beale, Wolves, us here aren't that great for Beale.
Is this the new FF buzzword?

If Simon Jordan was still running Crystal Palace and Beale was manager, he would never sack him even if that club was losing regularly, and even if he had turned a previous offer down and said he was "all in"?; no matter what Beale said a few weeks ago it doesn't mean he has a job at QPR unconditionally. It cuts both ways, if he sees something better he takes it, if he fails at QPR they more than likely sack him.

Coming to Ibrox while GVB was under severe pressure a few days after another bad CL defeat in Napoli wasn’t great.
That interview doesn’t sound too clever also whatever way you look at it.

He was up to do a podcast with BT for fucks sake.

Jordan is right and Beale only has himself to blame for an utterly stupid and naive interview. No doubt, if we appoint him, he’ll say something about Rangers job being too good an opportunity and loving the Club and many will lap it up.

Perhaps it's just the truth?

Imagine rangers appointed a manager. It all goes good and within 3 months he is offered a job in the PL. He refuses, talks about integrity , loyalty, the project etc.
FF would love it.
Then another month or so later, another, bigger club come calling and the rangers manager buggers off.
The entire fan base, not just FF would be in utter meltdown, rightly so.

Simon Jordan is entirely correct in his summation about Beale here.
Also, Jordan gets a lot more right than wrong. He comes across as a bit preachy sometimes, but generally talks sense as he detached himself from the emotional side of the game.

Last edited:
Perhaps. I suppose if he jumps at the first chance he gets to leave Rangers, again, we’ll find out.
According to what he said in a BT Sport interview recently, he and others on the coaching staff resisted offers during his time at Rangers.

Imagine rangers appointed a manager. It all goes good and within 3 months he is offered a job in the PL. He refuses, talks about integrity , loyalty, the protect etc.
FF would love it.
Then another month or so later, another, bigger club come calling and the rangers manager buggers off.
The entire fan base, not just FF would be in utter meltdown, rightly so.

Simon Jordan is entirely correct in his summation about Beale here.
Also, Jordan gets a lot more right than wrong. He comes across as a bit preachy sometimes, but generally talks sense as he detached himself from the emotional side of the game.
And that would apply to almost any manager, or just Beale?

You happy to take his word on that?
He was highly regarded enough for Gerrard to take him to Rangers; he coached at Liverpool, Sao Paulo, and Chelsea before that. The possibility he had job offers whilst at Rangers seems credible.

Beale is the one who only recently was talking up loyalty, trust and respect.
Deeply held principles only a month or so ago.
That Wolves couldn't push beyond the limit of, but Rangers, a club he gained something special with?

Birthday card pish.

Guy still has a family to provide for.
Mine's birthday card pish?? .... what about "Them", "he get's it" and "he loved this club" ... gie's a break man! He's playin us like a two bob flute!

And he couldnt keep a family on what we'd have been paying him?

The fact that he has turned down Wolves earlier this season is a big positive on Beale in my opinion. Yes , I’ve checked their forum and in all honesty they are an irrelevance in London let alone the championship. However, when a club such as the size and global presence of Glasgow Rangers FC comes along and wants to employ Beale as their next manager is a mega attraction for any manager whether in or out of work. I would suggest that alcoholic Whyte might try and earn some of his massive salary and explain to his retard colleague Jordan that Glasgow Rangers FC are not the same as his regional Crystal Palace.

The fact that he has turned down Wolves earlier this season is a big positive on Beale in my opinion. Yes , I’ve checked their forum and in all honesty they are an irrelevance in London let alone the championship. However, when a club such as the size and global presence of Glasgow Rangers FC comes along and wants to employ Beale as their next manager is a mega attraction for any manager whether in or out of work. I would suggest that alcoholic Whyte might try and earn some of his massive salary and explain to his retard colleague Jordan that Glasgow Rangers FC are not the same as his regional Crystal Palace.
and wolves would have paid him a lot more dough, so at least we know he's not driven by money, I know some don't want him. but I wonder how they'd react if he stayed at QPR and got them promoted

He’s probably right, Beale has shown little loyalty and has jumped ship multiple times in his short career for “better” offers.

I don’t think loyalty really came into it with Wolves either, he just played to the galley when really it was because it wasn’t the right opportunity for him.

His “loyalty” doesn’t fill me with confidence. He’d do the same to us again, he has no problem putting himself first.
Then why did he mot take the Wolves job? I have no doubt the money they would have offered will be sizeably different to what we offer to pay him. His transfer budget there will be about 6 times more than we give him. If it's just all about him, he'd be at Wolves. He didn't want to be there, he clearly wants to be here.

Do you not think he knocked back Wolves because he knew he was getting the Rangers job?
No, because if he knew that he was coming to Rangers, he wouldn't have been daft enough to give that "loyalty, integrity, blah blah" reason for refusing to even speak to Wolves. He'd probably have said "Not the right job for me at this moment...", giving him a get-out clause when he turned up as our manager a month or so later.

I must say, I was impressed by what he said at the time, because loyalty and integrity have always been, and remain, important to me. But if he ends up as our next manager, then what he said regarding the Wolves job is shown to be, without the shadow of a doubt, a crock of s&*t.

Then why did he mot take the Wolves job? I have no doubt the money they would have offered will be sizeably different to what we offer to pay him. His transfer budget there will be about 6 times more than we give him. If it's just all about him, he'd be at Wolves. He didn't want to be there, he clearly wants to be here.
He’s a smart guy. He didn’t take the Wolves job because it would likely lead to relegation, money or not and could destroy his career before its even started. That’s absolutely sweet fa all to do with loyalty, it’s about him.

Him stating loyalty then jumping ship right away, weeks later to an offer that suits him better makes a mockery of his loyalty.

Rangers however could catapult his career, and he’d have a much better chance of success and has a history with the club, so of course he’d be interested.

But his level of “loyalty” thus far has shown he’d jump ship quick enough from us, again, given the right opportunity.

He’s a smart guy. He didn’t take the Wolves job because it would likely lead to relegation, money or not and could destroy his career before its even started. That’s absolutely sweet fa all to do with loyalty, it’s about him.

Him stating loyalty then jumping ship right away, weeks later to an offer that suits him better makes a mockery of his loyalty.

Rangers however could catapult his career, and he’d have a much better chance of success and has a history with the club, so of course he’d be interested.

But his level of “loyalty” thus far has shown he’d jump ship quick enough from us, again, given the right opportunity.
Let's not be silly. Wolves at the base with the squad they have is a no lose situation. Big bonus to stay up, even bigger bonus to get straight back up - zero pressure, great money and great exposure. He comes to us 9 points behind the filth, no money and a support base that expect an instant return (and he knows all of this). Wolves and QPR would do way more for his career than we will, take the blue tinted goggles off.

He wants to be here, he is not the right choice in my opinion, but all this loyalty bollox is just that, bollox.

He sees Rangers as an opportunity to make a name for himself in football. A win win for all if he can achieve that goal.

Managers cannot afford to be equivocal when they discuss themselves and links to any jobs. The media will twist any attempts by to leave room as them already being out the door.

Gerrard’s ‘Do I look happy?’ Is a case in point.

Of course it can look embarrassing for them if they are off just a few weeks later, but until that is confirmed they cannot afford to give any impression of anything other than complete long term commitment in public.

Beale talked about showing loyalty after rejecting the chance to take over at Wolves just over a month ago.

Simon Jordan has questioned Michael Beale’s integrity now he's on the verge of leaving QPR for Rangers.

The former Ibrox coach is expected to replace Gio van Bronckhorst after the Dutchman was sacked on Monday. Beale was part of Steven Gerrard’s coaching team that won the Scottish Premiership title in 2021, going unbeaten for the entire league campaign. The 42-year-old left with Gerrard and Gary McAllister for Aston Villa just over a year ago, before accepting the R’s offer to become their new head coach last summer.

Wolves approached Beale about taking over from Bruno Lage after he was sacked, but he turned the chance to swap Loftus Road for Molineux. Speaking after he knocked back the Midlands club, Beale said: "Integrity is a real big thing for me, and loyalty. You don't give it to receive it back but I think if they're the values you live by then at times when you're put in a position then you have to be strong by them."

Now talkSport pundit Jordan has called Beale food seemingly being ready to perform a 180 on those principles just over a month later. And the former Crystal palace owner railed against modern managers, insisting none of them are prepared to “earn their stripes”, before moving on to a bigger job.

“I’m perplexed why you would want to be so strident in your view about integrity and 35 days later that’s now changed,” Jordan told talkSport. “I remarked on social media that I hope Sod’s law doesn’t kick in and he loses his next game straight out of the bag and he didn’t. He’s then gone on to lose his next four or five games. People will say perhaps he’s facing some pressure at QPR in a couple of games’ time if he doesn’t win those games.

“Going to Rangers at this point is such a big risk because Celtic have got such a good hold of the league. Postecoglou is in such good nick. These bloody managers need to earn their stripes and should not be jumping at the first opportunity. This time I think he’ll find himself out of the door.”
That's the way of the world these days.
He didn't fancy wolves, but fancies coming back to Ibrox.
C'est la vie.

Back