Michael Bridge tweet

OohAhHuistra

Same here, sometimes I'll read a match report from then, knowing I've been at the game and still have no recollection. Must be some sort of post traumatic disorder.
That must be it mate, it’s like a mental block we’ve put infront of it

Devil's Advocate

Was the 1st game not Peterhead or have I imagined that?

Edit: ignore. It's an "On this day" post and it's the Ramsden Cup. Read it wrong.

Walkers Loyal

On another subject, is that kit available anywhere. Always liked it’s simplicity.
I’ve still got the jersey. Absolutely loved it and just wish that design was used during a happier spell for the club.
Currently on a diet, so hopefully I’ll fit into it again sooner rather than later B-D

Pentasa

He replied to me on Twitter the other week.

He certainly comes across as a bear, I always presumed it was the Gerrard factor but that tweet makes it seem like it’s been a longer thing.

Probably answered you because he thought it was you in the picture bottom left ;)

Boabmeister

Taking the positives from the lower leagues especially , the Rangers support are more galvanised than I can ever remember .

I was up at my daughters caravan last week , a female celtic fan I know was walking her dog & mentioned getting back to watch the football ,

What football is on , asked ?

It was their home game vs he Danes. She seemed a bit surprised that I didn’t know , but I’ve genuinely no interest in them or when they’re playing , allthough do enjoy when they get pumped as much as the next bear

FhillBear

Even though we struggled that day I honestly thought the journey back would be a breeze.
Naïve looking back nowadays.
I think most felt the same mate. I'm a pessimistic bastard though, and had a feeling we would utterly romp it until the championship at which point I thought we might struggle. I didn't envisage the off field spiv driven shambles that essentially caused the on field woes, however. When it was clusterfuck central I really didn't see us getting back to the very top - really grim days.

bob1873

Even though we struggled that day I honestly thought the journey back would be a breeze.
Naïve looking back nowadays.
Yip was at the game that day and thought we’d breeze through a year in each league and win the premier league first time back. Oh dear!