Michael Owen as a pundit

My other half is a Liverpool fan and was outside Melwood one day trying to get the wean's top signed by some players.

Guys like Hyypia, Riise, Gerrard all got out of their cars and took time to do photos and autographs.

Owen drove straight through without even rolling down the window of his car, even though he was the star player most people wanted wanted see.

Apparently didn't like people selling autographs or signed memorabilia on ebay.

Wee prick.

A monotone lady's front bottom. That helicopter apartment tour, whatever the %^*& it was is probably the worst thing I've seen.

He just seems like he's not fan of the sport that made him a millionaire. Quite bizzare

I'm sure I heard him say he had no real interest in football outside of playing - & rarely ever watched it - preferring to watch other sports

I have to say this explains a lot to me - about both his personality ( or lack of it) & his banal commentary/ punditry

You have to wonder what makes T.V. companies choose these guys ?
Whatever it is - it isn't working !

The mind boggles about how much the geordies paid him. He’s a classic case of it’s not what you know, it’s who you know.

This is a man, a genuine cretin of a man, who warned Bale that life in Madrid wasn’t all it was cracked up to be.

He spent his time there in his hotel room reading the Racing Post without bothering to learn Spanish.

I'm sure I heard him say he had no real interest in football outside of playing - & rarely ever watched it - preferring to watch other sports

I have to say this explains a lot to me - about both his personality ( or lack of it) & his banal commentary/ punditry

You have to wonder what makes T.V. companies choose these guys ?
Whatever it is - it isn't working !
That explains it then.

I'm honestly not sure why BT gave him the gig. He really offers nothing to a football show.

British football punditry is ground zero for wage thieves.

Remember as a wee guy watching a piece on him when he'd broke through and everyone was creaming themselves. I thought he was amazing, then on that show he said his mum still washes and folds his kits, still drives him to every game and he'd never cooked anything in his life, never made a cup of tea and didn't know how to 'do' a pot noodle. Ended with me thinking he was an absolute wee wank.

He’s never read a book, or watched a movie.

He’s an omni-fucktard.
Doesn’t like music either. Drives about in silence. Absolute weirdo.

At the Leeds game yesterday when talking about their goalkeeper he said, 'I remember watching him when he was about 16 at Leeds' academy. 'He just looked the part. Leeds were dominating the game that I watched.'He hardly had a touch, but you know when you just see someone thinking "he's got a chance"? Just by his appearance, the way he spoke, positioned himself.'

The bizarre part of this all is that the goalkeeper in question Illan Meslier only signed for Leeds in 2019 and was playing for Lorients second team at 16 :D

Another mental screw up from Owen who’s great punditry includes quotes like these…

7cf84f50ffd712975316e10f01ea9048.jpg

DuYdoUwWkAELzw4.jpg

images
Whistles like the butcher from
Chewing the fat when he talks

Back