Michael Stewart back on the BBC

Monty Brewster

Apologies if I have missed this news as I have been on holiday, but going by the response I have just had from the BBC, "On that basis Michael is now available for selection for Sportscene and Sportsound.”

>>>

Thanks for contacting us regarding Michael Stewart’s comments on Sportsound on 3 February. Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying.

As set out in the BBC’s complaints process, if others complain about the same issue, for efficiency our response to everyone may be the same. We’re sorry not to reply individually, but we hope this response addresses the points raised.

On Sportsound on 4 February the programme carried the following apology and acknowledgement that the previous evening’s programme did not meet our editorial values and standards:

“We apologise to James Traynor for the discussion on Sportsound last night. It was not fair and balanced and he did not have the opportunity to respond.

“On this occasion we did not adhere to our editorial values and standards and we have reminded those concerned of their responsibility to follow our guidelines while working for the BBC.”

BBC Sport Scotland has also released the following statement:

“Following Sportsound on Monday February 3rd we have clearly explained the BBC editorial guidelines around fairness and accuracy to Michael Stewart. We expect our pundits to be forthright, but fair. Michael agrees with this. On that basis Michael is now available for selection for Sportscene and Sportsound.”

We trust this addresses your concerns, and thank you again for taking the time to get in touch.

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Apologies if I have missed this news as I have been on holiday, but going by the response I have just had from the BBC, "On that basis Michael is now available for selection for Sportscene and Sportsound.”

>>>

Thanks for contacting us regarding Michael Stewart’s comments on Sportsound on 3 February. Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying.

As set out in the BBC’s complaints process, if others complain about the same issue, for efficiency our response to everyone may be the same. We’re sorry not to reply individually, but we hope this response addresses the points raised.

On Sportsound on 4 February the programme carried the following apology and acknowledgement that the previous evening’s programme did not meet our editorial values and standards:

“We apologise to James Traynor for the discussion on Sportsound last night. It was not fair and balanced and he did not have the opportunity to respond.

“On this occasion we did not adhere to our editorial values and standards and we have reminded those concerned of their responsibility to follow our guidelines while working for the BBC.”

“Following Sportsound on Monday February 3rd we have clearly explained the BBC editorial guidelines around fairness and accuracy to Michael Stewart. We expect our pundits to be forthright, but fair. Michael agrees with this. On that basis Michael is now available for selection for Sportscene and Sportsound.”

We trust this addresses your concerns, and thank you again for taking the time to get in touch.

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
Ginger can still gargle Cosgrove chipalata again

Surprised it took them so long to have the ginger rhat bastard back, was never in doubt if we're being honest.

He must have terrified the editor in his reinstating the way he was punching that punchball ,the guy is a total sack himself.

Job done.

He'll make some snidey remark regarding our complaint accompanied by background sniggering from the other c unts and they'll all be the grand fellas.

We really have lost the PR battle; battle!!! We haven't fired a shot.

The bastard in me sometimes long for the days when we were feared as a support - not really suggesting we go back to the days of violence in football, but I'm sick of being laughed at.

Sorry for the rant but the frustration is getting to me. On field collapse and off field powder-puff performance is killing me.

I a
The basis of my complaint was regarding Michael Stewart repeatedly asking where was the evidence regarding racist abuse of Alfredo Morelos, you will see that there is no mention of Morelos in their reply to my complaint.

Now to escalate my complaint further to the next stage.
I also complained to the BBC , obviously the same subject matter but we may have raised different points but yet I got the same reply as you, word for word...

Cancel%2BYour%2BTV%2BLicence.png

Last edited:
The basis of my complaint was regarding Michael Stewart repeatedly asking where was the evidence regarding racist abuse of Alfredo Morelos, you will see that there is no mention of Morelos in their reply to my complaint.

He would have been binned in England and the outcry against him would have been massive.

Stewart deliberately point blank refused to believe that Morelos has been subject to racial abuse in Scotland. The banner at Aberdeen written in Spanish insulting his Mother was evidence enough for the BBC. He should never be employed anywhere concerning Scottish football.

As I predicted.

A hollow apology and he would be back on.

They get referees sacked for sending a joke email, we release a statement only when Traynor is attacked specifically, fire away with the racist abuse of our players but we'll just accept that.

>>>

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
I've received the same reply to my complaint but I was not complaining about his approach to Traynor, he's big and ugly enough to look after him self.
My complaint was about Stewart refusing to recognise racism. They have selected to ignore that completely.

I've received the same reply to my complaint but I was not complaining about his approach to Traynor, he's big and ugly enough to look after him self.
My complaint was about Stewart refusing to recognise racism. They have selected to ignore that completely.

Same for me, couldn't care less about Jim Traynor. The basis of my complaint was regarding him repeatedly asking for evidence about racism towards Alfie.

BbC

>>>

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
[/QUOTE

>>>

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
BBC Scotland is his level, the dregs of football coverage.

This is what would have had him crucified anywhere else but the republic of Scotland.

This exactly. G'on yersel'.

>>>

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
I have a word for word reply. How he is “now available for selection“ whilst not surprising is astounding.

Back