Michael Stewart reckons Defoe has an outside chance of the Euros

"Micheal Stewart reckons" is usually followed by utter garbage. But i would rather Defoe didn't bother as i would rather he saved his legs for 56.

As much as I like Defo this is a ridiculous claim. Does Stewart ever say anything remotely sensible

No chance of this happening. IF it did, however, what a boost for JD and us (as long as he doesn't get injured). Oh and Stewart is a twat.

Defoe could be 25 year old and sitting on 30 goals this season and Southgate still wouldn’t be interested.

Isn’t he actually on record as saying the league isn’t strong enough up here?

I think it was in relation to Scott Sinclair getting a call up a couple of years ago.

maybe so, but the glorious EPL has a side sitting nearly 20 points ahead at the top in a one horse race

Stewart likes to throw in a pro rangers verdict every so often that makes him try to look impartial.

hes a knobend

I predict his prediction will be forgotten and when Defoe doesn’t get picked it will be used as a slagging for us. The same as Alfie to Barca the other day. They just make their own news.

Would be great if it happened but can’t see it really.

England still have guys like Jamie Vardy, Callum Wilson, Tammy Abraham and Domic Calvert-Lewin to call on. Defoe is unfortunately way down the pecking order.

they'd just go with a youth option to be honest. unless they were looking for an experienced player in the squad to help with the younger players.

Would love it to happen. I can’t mind a tournament where we had a right good few players in international squads. He could go as back up maybe.

Anyone remember we got duped when warbuton said we were getting a player from euro 2016

There can’t be another job in the country where someone is paid as much as Michael Stewart to spout as much pish as he manages on a weekly basis . I’m actually starting to get a sneaky admiration for him as it’s becoming clear that he is just on the wind up . He has to be ... doesn’t he ?

Anything that coc*sucker says don’t listen!! Just another BBC Knobend who hates our Club.

he is trying to suck up someones arse with that comment but i have to agree with a previous poster aye he is a fud

I didnt even think of that. Would love to see that happen. Looking at his stats this season he is more than capable

Southgate is far too invested in the national team to not be aware of the talent right under his nose.
I highly doubt Defoe, and by the way I love the wee man, will even be on his radar.

Anything Michael Stewart says I’m not interested in. A journeyman footballer who continually tries to provoke with his football and political utterings. An irrelevance

Not a chance.

I love Defoe but he isn’t a first choice for us if Alfredo is available, England aren’t taking him to the Euros even if they have a handful of strikers out.

Back