Votes: 20 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wee_bear

Official Ticketer
Who is the runners and riders?

Who would you want/suggest?

It’s clear Gios ran his course, I’ve seen a few names mentioned, Dyche, Knutsen etc.
For me we need to move away from the DoF in charge of recruitment model, any manager worth their salt can identify who they want and who they don’t want.

We need to get back to a high tempo pressing game with sharp direct passing with end product.

If there’s already a thread, apologies!

Goldenboot

Who is the runners and riders?

Who would you want/suggest?

It’s clear Gios ran his course, I’ve seen a few names mentioned, Dyche, Knutsen etc.
For me we need to move away from the DoF in charge of recruitment model, any manager worth their salt can identify who they want and who they don’t want.

We need to get back to a high tempo pressing game with sharp direct passing with end product.

If there’s already a thread, apologies!
Correct. The DoF role is supposed to be to prevent exactly the position we are in right now. Sign players to a philosophy and to play with an identity and to have a squad of players that can play no matter what manager comes or goes.
It's not working.
Next manager... Steven Gerrard

BSTRDbear

Don't know if he has been mentioned here already, but Jon Dahl Tomasson is doing well with Blackburn
If hes doing well with blackburn he wont be coming in mid way through a fucked season to manage this shower of fucking donkeys.

The league is done. Whoever comes in is on a hiding to nothing.

If Gio was to get papped we would probably just appoint Vos until the end of the season. Cheapest option possible for this board

Stuart_WATP

What manager is going to come in 9 points behind them, the full first team out injured and 3 pastings off the tims on the horizon?

Forget it. If he wasn't getting the bullet after the tims game, the full CL humiliation, the Livi game and St Johnstone, he ain't going now. There will be no new manager any time soon.

SDF

Being a good coach or tactician is only half the battle. It's not enough.

The next manager needs to be a genuine leader. A guy who commands respect from the moment he walks in the door. A guy who will take no shit, accept no less than 100% effort and wring the maximum possible out of his squad.

Rangers need a statesman in the dugout. The players are getting away with murder.

ScabbyDug

What manager is going to come in 9 points behind them, the full first team out injured and 3 pastings off the tims on the horizon?

Forget it. If he wasn't getting the bullet after the tims game, the full CL humiliation, the Livi game and St Johnstone, he ain't going now. There will be no new manager any time soon.
This is my thinking, the board will stick with Gio until the end of the season.

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
No matter who we get it needs to be on a 12 month rolling contract!

Let's see how our Board try and answer this at the AGM!
How many clubs can you name who operate with their Manager on 12 month rolling contracts? I will give you one, the Dhims. Any more? Yes, it helps if you need to sack them. On the other hand, I’d argue it makes Managers harder to attract and, of course, if they do well they walk away for buttons. No Stevie G £4.5m.

linthousebear1981

I think the fact we have to pay compo to Gio and his team, we need to go for someone out of work. To me the only person with the experience and drive to get more from this team is Dyche. I do not want Martindale, that is just mental, that poundshop shopping in my opinion. I don't want another foreign manager, it doesn't seem to work for us unless they more money to spend than the other team.

We need a British Manager and the best one available and is out of work is Dyche. I like the boy at Bodo but not sure if he is completely right for our club. I think Dyche would get it as soon as he walks through the door, the demands the expectation I think he will thrive on it and I think he will demand that from his players and if he doesn't get it they don't play or they are sold.

Tom Joad

It won’t be Dyche or any of the ex EPL guys. They are on multiples of what we pay a manager. It’ll be a guy on the up or someone who sees us as a stepping stone to the EPL.

albertz85

The only time of want Beale back is when he has a totally different squad to work with, we need a massive clear out.
People don't want Dyche because of the way Burnley played but they played to their strengths and he done well for many years and is also a great man manager going by players comments about him. We've also never really seen him be in charge of a team that have to win every week so would be interesting to see what his approach would be if he was even considered in the first place.
Knowing our luck it'll be Coisty and Kenny Miller with Boyd as fitness coach B-)

Oranje

Gio and team will require significant compensation so this will impact on who we can bring in next.

Dyche was in £70k a week - he will need to be desperate to come up here as he will see Scotland a step down over a lower to mid table prem team. He looks happy holding off for a PL job while collecting very attractive appearing fees for a couple of hours punditry work.

Tedesco complete non starter. Guy was collecting €100k a week.

Beale - QPR would be looking for a massive compensation fee, as well as Beale being after a competitive salary. The kind of money we would pay for Beale would be the difference of 1 or 2 players in the transfer window.

A lot of the names getting banded about have already managed at a much higher level. Everybody we bring in are youngish managers with Rangers being a platform for them to grow and progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.