• Another name?

Votes: 164 6.5%
  • Emma Hayes

Votes: 20 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring-on-55

Beale won't have decided to come here to fail; these opinions that you and others have are interesting, because they are, at times, completely one sided; set aside your interpretation of "self-interest", which is baffling to me anyway, the unbalanced view of this appointment is really quite revealing. Michael Beale has a part in all this as well, does he not? We are talking about a relatively young, ambitious, and highly regarded manager, with a wide range of experience, including here at Rangers. If it's a "lazy appointment", and "unimaginative " from the board, what about Michael Beale, is it laziness from him as well, will get be coming because he lacks imagination? We're not exactly talking about someone going nowhere fast, so why not wait, and if he is appointed he will tell us what he thinks.
Think you’ve interpreted me wrong. Im all for the Beale appointment. I feel it’s positive and will bring success, however I’ve simply pointed out that I feel it’s the easy and safe option for Wilson. Tried and tested rather than a venture into the fully unknown.

sir_walter_smith

Get behind him and give the guy a chance FFS, the panty wetting on here is unbelievable
Given some have at least a good short term memory and a vivid impression of this board's track record, people like myself are entitled to be sceptical of what looks like a very lazy appointment. Especially given the opportunity for a complete reform in the summer.

Ross Wilson is utterly pointless. Small victory is that he should be out on his arse in under a year when we're most likely looking for yet another new manager having thrown another title away.

Tagsbear

We clearly don't have a pot to piss in. Gutting the squad isn't really an option.

Don’t have a pot to piss in based on what? We just posted a profit and are projected to do the same next year, if we didn’t have a lot to piss in why would we go for someone in a job rather than an out of work manager?

There are also loads of wages going to be freed up at the end of the season, there will be plenty for a new manager to work with.

ohstefanklos

Official Ticketer
No one who has managed only 17 games or so should be given a job as big as the Rangers manager. I include Gerrard in that but fair play he did improve us but 1 out of 12 is not good enough for our great club.

What do you mean you mean by 1 out of 12

pandager1

No idea how Beale will fare as our manager. I've given up trying to predict the success of managerial appointments up here as I thought Gio was the right choice and I also thought Postecoglou would be a disaster.

We should be watching closely as a support to see how he is backed and equipped by the club for this upcoming rebuild.

prenzlauerbear

Time to get the fab 4 back together, lads.

71yfwb.jpg

Kungsträgården

Not the type of appointment the club needed right now and stinks massively of our board not doing their job properly. They seem to have that many fights on their hands behind the scenes that the team becomes less important to them. Its all wrong but I will 100% back Michael Beale and give him the support he needs. A change was required and we've at least got that.

RangersEasyOK

No one who has managed only 17 games or so should be given a job as big as the Rangers manager. I include Gerrard in that but fair play he did improve us but 1 out of 12 is not good enough for our great club.
Haha that 1 in 9 or 1 in 12 patter is hoaching, just totally writing off the fact the club had been in the lower league about 2 seasons prior and a squad not worth a dime. Get a grip

Hoogsy66

Is Beale really the boards first choice, or just a knee jerk on the back of the up coming AGM. If it’s him then you have to ask the question,why was he not appointed when Gerrard jumped ?
It’s now going to cost the club possibly 4.5 million if reports are accurate to get him back to the club. This beggars belief !

Can’t see for the life of me where we hope to go with this approach. Seems a half arsed appointment.

JMCK

Think you’ve interpreted me wrong. Im all for the Beale appointment. I feel it’s positive and will bring success, however I’ve simply pointed out that I feel it’s the easy and safe option for Wilson. Tried and tested rather than a venture into the fully unknown.
It's not all Wilson though, or the board, that's my point; Michael Beale, if he does come, will have decided to come here, and he will have very strong reasons for doing so. We are not his only option, so why Rangers? I find that part really interesting, and can't wait to hear what he has to say after he is likely appointed.

andy5836

I voted for Dyche and I'm not 100% sold on Beale but we will need to get behind him.

We all know he's a brilliant and well respected coach so hopefully with his contacts players will want to come and work with him at Rangers.

Yes, he hasn't been a manager for a long time but he has been with us for a number of years and knows the club and the expectations and how things work at Rangers.

The one thing he is going to need is backing from the board in the transfer market to rebuild this squad. If we can see progress and a style of play again then the fans will buy into it and he will be on the right path. This won't be a quick fix though and he will need the summer transfer window as well to clear out some of the dead wood.

Benny0812

I think he will bring Damian Matthew with him and possibly Harry Watling. I hope he looks at Culshaw and Milsom to add to his team.

BombersBoots

He’ll be taking training on Monday morning it’s no surprise QPR have nosedived since he was at Ibrox on October 29th this has been done for weeks
Of course it was if Gio had lost against Aberdeen it would have been sooner any one that believes anything else is extremely naive.

Not my first choice with the managers that have been mentioned but full backing let’s see what he can do.

I just hope he’s Ruthless enough to have a clear out, Remember though Gerrard was the manager and all decisions were ultimately his, Beale had already said he had to try and convince him on things that didn’t always happen.

ClockworkOrange

This 1 out of 12 talk really is absolutely horrendous. Embarrassing pish.

It's really not.

Firstly, it's embarrassing for a club of our stature to have won as little as we have since we were returned to the top flight. We have one other rival to beat. Losing to Aberdeen, Motherwell or St Johnstone in the cup is never acceptable, and never has been.

The other reason is because it points towards a loser's mentality, a team almost entirely lacking in winners. Gerrard did a lot for us but he was never able to instil a winner's mentality in that team. We didn't have it last year and we certainly don't have it this year.

This is why I think Beale is a poor and uninspiring choice - he was part of the problems that we had at the time and are still having.

HCMC_Loyal

In some respects I'd agree that someone with only 17 games as a manager doesn't seem too appealing but Souness, Smith and Gerrard hadn't been the main man but didn't do too badly.

Tagsbear

Don’t see what Mick Beale has done since leaving 1 year ago to now be qualified for the job.

Lazy choice imo.

Were Wolves also being lazy?

Do you really think they picked him for an EPL job based on a few months as a manager and just ignored his vast football experience and education?

Its far from lazy, lazy would have been appointing someone out of a job with lots of experience but who isn’t sought after rather than an up and coming manager.

swavgav

Slightly underwhelmed by appointing Beale if it is him.

Just seems a very lazy appointment by the board. I feel this squad needs something new and I hope Beale is the man to do that but i just don't see it.

Does anyone know what kind of tactics he used at QPR?

Its clear that we need a coach that will instill an attacking philosophy. The rest of the SPL can't cope with it clearly.

How much of how we played under Gerrard was down to him or Beale? Yes 55 was great and we had some great games against Celtic and Europe. The team was clearly fitter and we were much better at set-pieces.

But I remember vividly the new year collapses, the seemingly inability to beat Aberdeen and Killie and the possession-based 4-3-3 that went side to side, ball to the fullbacks and crosses into the box while we struggle to break down low-block teams. I remember complaining numerous times about the inability to change tactics that weren't working and not making subs quick enough.

Has anyone watched QPR to get an idea if Beale has done anything different?

He'll get my support and I really hope he's a success but I'm not sure if I'm feeling it.

Tagsbear

It's really not.

Firstly, it's embarrassing for a club of our stature to have won as little as we have since we were returned to the top flight. We have one other rival to beat. Losing to Aberdeen, Motherwell or St Johnstone in the cup is never acceptable, and never has been.

The other reason is because it points towards a loser's mentality, a team almost entirely lacking in winners. Gerrard did a lot for us but he was never able to instil a winner's mentality in that team. We didn't have it last year and we certainly don't have it this year.

This is why I think Beale is a poor and uninspiring choice - he was part of the problems that we had at the time and are still having.

What nonsense, they went unbeaten in the biggest more pressured league season in all of our lifetimes for %^*& sake.

interbear

I think the timing is a little early for Beale, I’d rather he had had another 12-18 months of experience as a manager at QPR. However, the timing of this is not in his control so if he gets offered the job I think he’ll take it. He might not get another chance and we might not get another chance if his trajectory of development continues as positively as his career has unfolded so far.

Somwhile I think it’s a bit premature and a bit of a risk, some of the rage on here about Beale potentially being appointed is uncalled for in my opinion. He has worked hard to get coaching experience around the world, this shows a desire to learn and a desire to improve. He has a genuine love for the institution that is Rangers, forged in his spell here coaching under Gerrard. He knows the league, the environment, the characters, he’ll be able to get on with the job quickly and with a family settled and happy to be here. He was confident enough to take on a manager role at QPR in a notoriously tough league and has performed well overall. Recent form may have dipped but he’s still got them doing better than most previous managers in recent years and injuries have played their part in a weak squad. The fact that Premiership Wolves tried to appoint him shows how highly he is rated and that his career is on the up.

I was enticed by the achievements and biography of Seoane, the experience of Dyche appealed too, but if it’s Beale we should focus on the positives rather than just dismiss it as a lazy / uninspiring appointment. He’s better than that and deserves a bit more respect, in my opinion.

Rangers daft

I wish him all the best, I want him to win trophies and be successful and I like the guy but i can't help but feel its going to end in tears. Hope I'm wrong

SDF

Beale ticks all the boxes bar two - Experience and Presence. Gets my full support because he's got a hell of a job on his hands to sort this out.

Tactically and in terms of coaching, I don't think we're going to get much better than him.

My only fear is that the job eats him alive as I'm unsure he has the stature and strength to carry the club on his shoulders.

I hope I'm doing him a disservice here

thornhill bear

it looks increasingly like its going to Beale. Im not so sure hes the man for the job right now but if he is the new Boss then he will get my full support as any other Rangers manager.

TheHammerJorgAlbertz11

'But he is just a coach'

It's clear Beale has always been a manager in waiting. It is also clear that he is hugely respected by people in the game and especially by the players he has coached.

As for the 'we would be just as well keeping Gio' comments.

One of the biggest issues we have had this season under Gio is that we don't look like we are a coached team at all and we have looked unfit all season.

Beale will sort that quickly imo.

In my opinion he will do a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.