Votes: 164 6.5%
  • Emma Hayes

Votes: 20 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Est1872

Official Ticketer
Are people new to football, or just being naive?

Surely we know how the new manager game plays out?

'How is Beale done if we've not made an official approach'!?

Come on.

AdiCR2

Again, that’s nothing new unfortunately.

People get banned for less.
We have a serious problem with overreaction in our support.

Michael Beale was offered the opportunity just over a year ago. He decided he wasn’t quite ready, which at the time I felt was the correct decision. We went on an excellent European run with a manager who couldn’t quite hack it day to day and Beale went and learned his trade as a manager and within 4 months is knocking back a Premier League job.

I get this board are currently underperforming but I don’t get the complete negativity for Beale. The amount of people I have seen mention 1 in 9/12 trophies - holy %^*&.

He could potentially fail but so could anyone. GVB was pretty much unanimous but he failed. Caixinha was a project and failed. Gerrard was a complete gamble and he succeeded eventually - there’s nothing concrete to guarantee success or failure with Beale.

The ferocity of some of the negativity is making me want to stop posting on here. It’s Bi-Polar bullshit and way, way over the top.

As bad as the f*cking Shettleston Harriers.

ZiggyPop

He’s not my first choice but I will back him 100%. The board need to make sure he’s backed in January and the summer.

My fear is we will keep the core group of players again and expect Beale to work his magic and get them playing again. This team is stale and needs fresh blood otherwise I can see some difficult years ahead.

captcaveman

We have a serious problem with overreaction in our support.

Michael Beale was offered the opportunity just over a year ago. He decided he wasn’t quite ready, which at the time I felt was the correct decision. We went on an excellent European run with a manager who couldn’t quite hack it day to day and Beale went and learned his trade as a manager and within 4 months is knocking back a Premier League job.

I get this board are currently underperforming but I don’t get the complete negativity for Beale. The amount of people I have seen mention 1 in 9/12 trophies - holy %^*&.

He could potentially fail but so could anyone. GVB was pretty much unanimous but he failed. Caixinha was a project and failed. Gerrard was a complete gamble and he succeeded eventually - there’s nothing concrete to guarantee success or failure with Beale.

The ferocity of some of the negativity is making me want to stop posting on here. It’s Bi-Polar bullshit and way, way over the top.

As bad as the f*cking Shettleston Harriers.
GVB Failed? Why are you comparing GVB to Pedro? When did Pedro get to a Europa final and win a cup with us?

captcaveman

Where did I compare GVB to Pedro?

I am listing our previous managers not comparing anyone.
You said;

"GVB was pretty much unanimous but he failed."

"Caixinha was a project and failed"

GVB didnt fail at all, he didnt get enough time and he got us to a Europa final and won a cup, hardly a failure.

Id also add in, If Beale was not good enough for us previously then why is he so good for us now? He has done nothing to suggest he should be our manager

bigbob belfast

He doesn’t have one. I PMd him half an hour ago, no reply.

I don’t think anyone except maybe DE knows in here plus one or two others . They are rightly keeping their council until its official.
Yeah mate was only joking. Knew fine rightly he was at it. The dogs on the street know who the next manager is going to be. Not groundbreaking news.

AdiCR2

You said;

GVB didnt fail at all, he didnt get enough time and he got us to a Europa final and won a cup, hardly a failure.
I also said we went on an excellent European run with a manager who couldn’t quite hack it day to day.

Ultimately, in my opinion, GVB was sacked because he was a failure. I appreciate that’s probably harsh after what he done in Europe but he wasn’t sacked because he was a success.

At no point did I compare GVB with Pedro

DarnleyTrueBlue

I think Beale has the ability to get quick wins out of the current team.

If Gio didn’t prioritise fitness, Beale will. We should see a quick upturn on that front.

Having that previously relationship with players, it’s not a stretch to think that Beale can get people like Kent and Alfie producing again. And given how low their current bar is set, even a slight increase in performance will work wonders for us.

No doubt though, any new manager coming in has to work with what he has. I don’t see much action in the January window.
I don't think he takes it without guarantees of funds.

mr magoo loyal

I’m sure you’ll know more about QPR than the fan that runs the blog mate.

Any more unmissable insight for us?
So at no point do you watch other teams play football and think this is murder?

I know the our current board and DOF are pretty limited in terms of football decision making and maybe you're right, all the due diligence they have done is probably get Graeme Park to scour fan blogs just to ensure they are making the right decision

bkerr72

You said;

Id also add in, If Beale was not good enough for us previously then why is he so good for us now? He has done nothing to suggest he should be our manager

How much more time would you have given Gio before it got worse?

Barrymoped

You said;

Do you think Gio shouldn’t have been sacked and deserved more time?

ICA_86

You said;

GVB failed.

The Rangers managers’ job isn’t based on European performance alone. Even if it was, there’s been some record breaking lows to go with the obvious highs.

bkerr72

I would have gave him until the end of the season. He could just have had a bad season this term. Many managers have " a bad season" ! We gave Gerrard time after all.

What about last season when he flung the league away? He was never surviving until the end of the season

AdiCR2

Not getting into any wars but I dont know why he’s saying that or who has told him it. Strange
Same as myself, not getting into any arguments over it.

I would be glad if he wasn’t offered because it makes my argument for him to be manager stronger…. (Even though he was offered it) :)

captcaveman

Same as myself, not getting into any arguments over it.

I would be glad if he wasn’t offered because it makes my argument for him to be manager stronger…. (Even though he was offered it) :)
If you are saying he was offered it and didnt take it then he clearly didnt have the confidence in his own ability to be our manager then so, why is he good enough now? What has he done since he left us to say he should be our manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.