• Another name?

Votes: 164 6.5%
  • Emma Hayes

Votes: 20 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGers07

Speaks exclusively in tabloid. SCOOP. SWOOP.
Why? He was already at QPR when Beale went there, it’s not like he actually has his own team like other managers do.
No he wasn’t. Beale brought Damien Matthew on board. There’s another coach you might be thinking about.

FDB1978

Can we remind ourselves at this moment.

We have a squad of talented international footballers that with everyone fit would have several of them sitting in the stand.

It should bear no resemblance to McCoist against part timers, Warburton or Murty.

Or even Pedro, pretending Bates Declan and Windass were the future.

Steven Gerrard and Michael Beale dragged us from those days to this very point.

It is shameful what the last few weeks have looked like. An absolute farce up against absolute nobodies and looking like we cant get a shot at goal.

Panning Gerrard and Beale for stuff whilst he was still stuck with some of the jobbers in the early days is pathetic.

They went unbeaten, they had an error strewn start to season 4 but clearly had a team that should be getting near 100 points every year.

Lets hope we quickly return to that, the lack of fitness certainly wont be overnight but the horrendous football patterns shouldnt last long.

In some ways the next gaffer is going to have a similar kind of rebuilding job to Gerrard when he first took over but this time I don't think the board are going to pony up the kind of funds needed for it.

Every chance we could lose Kent, Morelos and Kamara in January. Plus In the summer the two American players will be away along with maybe 5-7 others.

Davester

You make it sound like they are up on transfer since he came in, they’re not, net they’ve spent around £15m, they’re fortunate they’ve been a stable club for years whilst our rebuild from 2012 still continues

They could spend the Ajer and Edouard money whilst we’ve not been able to do same with our windfall

Beale will need to work a small miracle to be honest

That’s not even to have a go at anyone it’s just the state of both clubs sadly

Folk seem to believe that cause we got back up the league everything returned to normal, a lot of fans forget we are still in recovery to an extent
Jus tells me how pivotal a league win or two means to the balance of power. Us getting automatic entry, and the chance of them negotiating the qualifiers being slim to none, that would make a huge difference in pendulum swing.
Makes it all the more baffling that we held on to Gio after the second raping at Parkhead by them.

peasandgravy7

He needs backed and no matter how fit he gets the players or how good he is tactically he needs new faces. 4-5 players and for cash to go along with free transfers will cost £15-20M so board needs to be ready to dig deep.

Japandroid

That doesn't make sense. Surely we approach QPR and then they give him permission to talk to us! :))

The headline doesn't match what the article starts with. Goes from "Michael Beale granted permission" to "Michael Beale will be given permission".

Typical tabloid nonsense headline.

GazzaLegend

In some ways the next gaffer is going to have a similar kind of rebuilding job to Gerrard when he first took over but this time I don't think the board are going to pony up the kind of funds needed for it.

Every chance we could lose Kent, Morelos and Kamara in January. Plus In the summer the two American players will be away along with maybe 5-7 others.
It’s a big job for the next manager no doubt.

I’ve a feeling Kent and Morelos and their agents will be sweet talking the board to get new contracts for both following the transfer window. Based on current form, I don’t think either of them are going to get offered anything that remotely compares with the gig they have now.

I would re sign both if they can show decent form after the break but it would be on a much reduced package.

BigDadosBandage.

The Sun and The Record being at odds with each other is just a click driving scheme.

See one headline contradict the other and your more likely to click both than if they were saying the same thing.

I have to say I'm astounded that Beale would consider coming into the over-arching shitshow that we're witnessing at the club right now. I'm wary of the appointment but us getting any worse on the park would constitute somewhat of a miracle.

DylanGer

Right up there with “what experience did Walter have”

Mmmm....the experience of being part of a small club winning the league and punching way way above their weight in Europe over several seasons with DU and then have the experience of being at the club when the Souness revolution kicked in.

And of course he had the platform of being able to outspend Celtic.

interbear

Couldn't sleep last night so literally spent all last night and this morning watching and listening to Michael Beale videos. Some I've seen before, some new. Coaching videos out in Brazil, breakdown of his set ups, tactics and formations at QPR, managers voice, Currie club, various interviews.

I don't think it's right to lay the blame on Beale for our record of trophies under Gerrard - ultimately, Gerrard was the manager, that's not on Beale even though he was part of the set up.

Did Roy Makaay or Dave Vos get any credit for taking us to Seville? No, but they took the hits when the shit hit the fan.

The Rangers support are clearly split when it comes to the next appointment but one thing I think we would all agree on is Beale's qualities when it comes to a coach - that's not even up for debate. Can he transfer that into becoming a successful manager, well that's a gamble. But any appointment is a gamble.

Does he have what it takes to rip up this squad - one he knows well and was here for the best part of whilst it was being assembled - that's another concern. I hope he's ruthless. He's not stupid but time will tell.

There are many interviews with Beale out there, there are many videos with people who have worked with him. I don't think I've seen a bad one yet and posted a few last night a few pages back.

Below is another one from a few weeks back. It's a cracking listen.

With Beale or any manager you'd be expecting;

- fitter, stronger, more aggressive (don't mean launching into two footed, knee high challenges)
- more disciplined
- better organized
- a game plan
- playing to the players strengths
- confidence, belief, motivation, desire, passion
- awareness
- a general lift about the place
- standards met
- togetherness
- a clear plan and vision in place
- game plan throughout the 90
- tactical aware and astute
- better decision making
- a better standard of play, performances and results

Right from the get go. You probably get that from Beale, its then up to the players.

Our injury list was no excuse for 2 points from 9 against Livingston, St. Johnstone and St. Mirren. The players in numerous situations need to take a good look at themselves; Čolak miss, Lundstram header last minutes at home to Livingston, Borna in no man's land as a crossed ball comes across the face of the goal and St. Johnstone make it 2, Jack's powderpuff header at goal in Paisley as examples and there were a lot more that were on the players.

His number 1 goal was being a manager, he craves to manage in the English Premiership. He's already had that opportunity and knocked it back for a number of reasons. One of those reasons, IMO, was probably down to keeping an eye on what was going on up here. There was a good chance we would come calling.

It looks like we have come calling and you know he's going to put everything into it to be a success, not just for himself but Rangers - a club he absolutely loves and has a big effect on not only him but his family.

Whilst I'm not as excited as some on here, and I appreciate their opinions, I am starting to come around to Michael Beale, the Rangers manager. If he fails then it won't be for a lack of trying, giving his all and doing everything in his power to make it work. Standards will certainly be taken up a number of levels and that is massive. The things that don't cost millions (I've listed them above) will be installed. That makes a huge difference. We've already seen it under Beale, albeit in a different role at the club.

Excellent post. I agree too. Beale is highly regarded as a talented coach, has intelligently developed his skills and experiences over the years, has a clear desire to make it as a manager and definitely caught the Rangers bug when he was here under Gerrard. A lot of positives to balance alongside the risk of his inexperience as a manager right now. But every appointment is a risk and on balance I’m erring on the positive side of this appointment, if it happens.

bobba

Only interesting things in both articles:

- Vos, Makaay etc being negotiated with to leave
- Beale looking for assurances on budget, etc.

The latter is crucial. He’d be on a hiding to nothing to come in and be offered buttons to spend.

I actually thought vos might have hung around

Arkanoid

Do Castore emails count
I'll put my neck on the line also then. I wanted Frank de Boer before we hired Gerrard.

Something that I think I've learned from that is that I wouldn't naturally think that success at a well run club suggests that a manager is good. The likes of Ajax, RB Leipzig, RB Salzburg, and to an extent Midjtylland, all are extremely well run with a philosophy running through the club. Therefore, I think managers at those clubs are set up for a high likelihood of success, rather than earning it predominantly through their own ideas and decisions.

I would like to see us build our club to a similar level, but the demands for success, and a similarly resourced competitor in Celtic, makes it difficult to guarantee success.
surely that was what we were looking to set in place with Gio.
The problem with using the template of those sides at Rangers is that it all needs to happen whilst competing in Europe, bearing the filth, winning the league and taking home doubles and trebles. Near on impossible task

DylanGer

Excellent post. I agree too. Beale is highly regarded as a talented coach, has intelligently developed his skills and experiences over the years, has a clear desire to make it as a manager and definitely caught the Rangers bug when he was here under Gerrard. A lot of positives to balance alongside the risk of his inexperience as a manager right now. But every appointment is a risk and on balance I’m erring on the positive side of this appointment, if it happens.

We won't have a choice if he's appointed than to hope for the best but unless there is a genuine deeper analysis of who is available to us then the Board should be shot.

Dress Beale up anyway you like he's a much bigger gamble than SG who had the advantage of being a world class name and clearly got much more out of a lot of players and could attract some emerging players as well.

I will be deeply disappointed if we appoint him quickly.

DylanGer

We treated his mate like a piece of shit, by we I mean the players but also the board if there is truth he was raging at Beale being made a guest of the Directors

Wonder how much the money he left with made him feel like he was treated like a piece of shit.....you read some nonsense on here.

He signed up for a tough gig and got the contract to protect himself and that's all there is to it.

Arkanoid

GvB sacked, new manager in before the players are back.

I bet no one saw that coming.

That’s enough of the World Cup for me. Bring back club football.
Those Leverkusen tickets will have taken a bump in sales.
I hate Rangers
I hate Rangers
I hate Rangers and it’s robbery they want £10 from us.
New manager in - Here’s my tenner

Rodney Wallace

The Sun and The Record being at odds with each other is just a click driving scheme.

See one headline contradict the other and your more likely to click both than if they were saying the same thing.

I have to say I'm astounded that Beale would consider coming into the over-arching shitshow that we're witnessing at the club right now. I'm wary of the appointment but us getting any worse on the park would constitute somewhat of a miracle.

This.

The Sun and the Daily Record only exist through clicks.

The 50 copies they sell on a Monday isn't paying printing costs staff wages etc.

Anyone clicking between both sites and sharing on here should have the posts removed.

Promoting their toxic shite is as bad as buying it.

ronadamus_prime

We treated his mate like a piece of shit, by we I mean the players but also the board if there is truth he was raging at Beale being made a guest of the Directors

I'm still amazed they did that. I didn't think anything of it at the time because I was still backing Gio at the time but with hindsight, it was a distinct lack of class from everyone involved. No wonder the Dutch contingent were miffed.

Arkanoid

Wonder how much the money he left with made him feel like he was treated like a piece of shit.....you read some nonsense on here.

He signed up for a tough gig and got the contract to protect himself and that's all there is to it.
%^*& me, my post was in response was to why would he stay.
Why would he? He will feel like he’s been treated like a piece of shit, the man the board openly courted in front of his boss will sit really well with him and I bet he can’t wait to work with Beale…
Some nonsense indeed

Arkanoid

I'm still amazed they did that. I didn't think anything of it at the time because I was still backing Gio at the time but with hindsight, it was a distinct lack of class from everyone involved. No wonder the Dutch contingent were miffed.
Yeah disgusting in retrospect if true.
I was the same as you and I think the whole forum was full of wondering what players he was looking at and would Kent, Kamara, Morelos take a step down to QPR etc
None of us really seen it coming like it played out

Status
Not open for further replies.