• Another name?

Votes: 164 6.5%
  • Emma Hayes

Votes: 20 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awaydays

We won't have a choice if he's appointed than to hope for the best but unless there is a genuine deeper analysis of who is available to us then the Board should be shot.

Dress Beale up anyway you like he's a much bigger gamble than SG who had the advantage of being a world class name and clearly got much more out of a lot of players and could attract some emerging players as well.

I will be deeply disappointed if we appoint him quickly.
Your problem is that you think there's a rush of top managers throughout the world falling over themselves for the job. There isn't, as that lot found out, even though they're in a far better financial place than us.

Time for a bit of reality on here. I have no idea who would be the ideal manager, but there will be no big names coming here. So I'd suggest getting behind the new man, instead of sharpening the knives.

CraigM14

Chris Jack and Devlin would be the two “mainstream” journalists I’d pay attention to on this one. Granted that King was in both their ears however Jack in particular was the first to concretely put out the news of Gio’s sacking so he’s clearly being fed lines from the board

DylanGer

%^*& me, my post was in response was to why would he stay.
Why would he? He will feel like he’s been treated like a piece of shit, the man the board openly courted in front of his boss will sit really well with him and I bet he can’t wait to work with Beale…
Some nonsense indeed

You said his mate was treated like shit. Even if the club did disrespect him with Beale's visit-he needs to be appointed manager for that to fit. Even if he was disrespected that way he got his contracted paid off......in the real world anyone struggling in a job or forced out or whatever at best will get a good deal with a few months paid up front.

Gio has personally banked millions-that's the nature of the gig hardly been treated like shit.

ronadamus_prime

Yeah disgusting in retrospect if true.
I was the same as you and I think the whole forum was full of wondering what players he was looking at and would Kent, Kamara, Morelos take a step down to QPR etc
None of us really seen it coming like it played out

Aye, I can't believe so many of the support are trying to play it down now though. A few folk calling a spade a spade on twitter, but it was utterly rank behaviour.

Probably not a coincidence the players bust a gut that day. All the evidence points to this brewing away in the background for a few months. Assuming Beale actually takes the job offer. The McInnes fiasco has taught me not to get ahead of myself.

JMCK

They’ll be wanting to sort out a backroom team as well. Will be another reason why it’s not happened as quickly as folk are expecting. For me, if he’s able to bring some of the old crew back (Culshaw, etc), it’d be a massive plus.
Wouldn't they be inclined to leave and join Gerrard in any job he may take in the near future?

Brian11Laudrup

things seemed to be moving fast but we’ve still go approach QPR it seems

No doubt we’ll still not have appointed a new manager this time next week knowing our board

Hurricane Run

Aye, I can't believe so many of the support are trying to play it down now though. A few folk calling a spade a spade on twitter, but it was utterly rank behaviour.

Probably not a coincidence the players bust a gut that day. All the evidence points to this brewing away in the background for a few months. Assuming Beale actually takes the job offer. The McInnes fiasco has taught me not to get ahead of myself.

I suppose conversely - and i agree with you btw, but devils advocate and all that - it shows how driven and determined he is. Doesnt care what anyone thinks of him, he wanted the job. Classless? Possibly. Ruthless? Definitely. And that is a quality i definitely want in our next manager.

I liked Gio a lot, but he was nowhere near ruthless enough. Its probably cost him his job. I cannot imagine a Smith team taking 2 utter doings off Celtic in a single calander year. The players wouldnt dare

Sure Steadfast

I’m not concerned about Beale‘s dip in form at QPR over their last few games.

Before this, he had gone on an unbeaten run, taken QPR to a promotion spot, and was publicly asked to take over as manager of Wolves. Furthermore, he then revisits Glasgow Rangers for mid-week match and does a Sky interview praising everything about us.

Naturally, all of this has been unsettling for the QPR players over their last few games.

Get Beale in the door and get that lot up the sand dunes at Gullane Beach on Monday morning.

ronadamus_prime

I suppose conversely - and i agree with you btw, but devils advocate and all that - it shows how driven and determined he is. Doesnt care what anyone thinks of him, he wanted the job. Classless? Possibly. Ruthless? Definitely. And that is a quality i definitely want in our next manager.

I liked Gio a lot, but he was nowhere near ruthless enough. Its probably cost him his job. I cannot imagine a Smith team taking 2 utter doings off Celtic in a single calander year. The players wouldnt dare

I don't really have major issues with Beale. He's perfectly entitled to go about things in whatever way he wishes. He wants the Rangers job and it appears he's willing to go some to get it.

It's more the club I take issue with. I expected more class from the club hierarchy. Don't know if that's silly or naive of me, but yeah I did. I don't think it reflects that well on anyone, but it especially reflects badly on the club. There's not an explanation or excuse they can offer up that excuses it imo. Contact him and ask him not to come to Ibrox. Fairly simple, the optics were very odd then and now they are utterly dreadful.

Hurricane Run

I don't really have major issues with Beale. He's perfectly entitled to go about things in whatever way he wishes. He wants the Rangers job and it appears he's willing to go some to get it.

It's more the club I take issue with. I expected more class from the club hierarchy. Don't know if that's silly or naive of me, but yeah I did. I don't think it reflects that well on anyone, but it especially reflects badly on the club. There's not an explanation or excuse they can offer up that excuses it imo. Contact him and ask him not to come to Ibrox. Fairly simple, the optics were very odd then and now they are utterly dreadful.

Thats a very fair point mate.

L&D RSC

They weren't champions leaguing it every year.
And the season ticket sales at the Sty took a hit when we were gone. And the Rodgers wage , Brown etc were meaty.
But in present day, barring a monster sale on either side or CL money, we should be about £4m behind them (season book extra money)?

Also doesn't help that each time they switch kit suppliers, they make a lot of money from it.

Each time we switch, it seems to end up costing us megabucks. :confused:

Shota

I’ve had a lot of time to think about this today and it’s still throwing up more and more concerns. Are we going to settle with the main core group of players we’ve got (massive issue)? Are the board going to let Beale down and essentially take advantage of his love for the club to not majorly invest in the playing squad?

I’ve got massive respect for Beale, even more so turning down Wolves 30 odd days ago to be potentially coming to us. I just don’t want to see him thrown to the fire because of failings above.

My overriding feeling is he’s the right man for the job but at the worst possible time.

Ger1872

We won't have a choice if he's appointed than to hope for the best but unless there is a genuine deeper analysis of who is available to us then the Board should be shot.

Dress Beale up anyway you like he's a much bigger gamble than SG who had the advantage of being a world class name and clearly got much more out of a lot of players and could attract some emerging players as well.

I will be deeply disappointed if we appoint him quickly.
I would say Gerrard was a bigger gamble by quite a distance. It worked with 55 being delivered from a very poor starting point.

We are in better, albeit doesn't feel like it at the minute, shape now then when Gerrard came to us.

Shota

I would say Gerrard was a bigger gamble by quite a distance. It worked with 55 being delivered from a very poor starting point.

We are in better, albeit doesn't feel like it at the minute, shape now then when Gerrard came to us.
Our playing squad on paper is the strongest it’s been even including the 55 season.

It’s just a shame some have chucked it/injured or now too old.

Number Six

Our playing squad on paper is the strongest it’s been even including the 55 season.

It’s just a shame some have chucked it/injured or now too old.
Is it really stronger than 55 season, like actually? I’m not so sure it is really that much better?

X1 isn’t stronger imo. The 55 best 11 would beat this best 11 (2.5 years later and they’re almost the same tbh)

Squad wise
Bassey - Yilmaz
Simpson
Katic - Souttar
Patterson - Sands
Balogun - Davies

Zungu - Lundstram
Aribo - Lawrence
Stewart - Matondo / Wright

Defoe - Colak
Itten - Fashion

Last edited:

WilkinsBullet

Worth watching this with the subtitles on. Especially when he's demanding his players to shoot more. I wish ours would shoot more too. Also speaking to all the players in their own languages.

Shota

Is it really stronger than 55 season, like actually? I’m not so sure it is

X1 isn’t stronger imo. The 55 best 11 would beat this best 11 (2.5 years later and they’re almost the same tbh) and I struggle to see how the squad is
John Bennett on Follow Follow. Well I never expected that… :)). Welcome to the madness John, I’m sure you will be a great contributor to it!
I said on paper. Many have fell out of form or chucked it since then. Who have we lost since that season? Aribo who played a major part and Bassey who didn’t kick on properly until the season after. Added the likes of Colak, Lawrence, Davies, Lundstram etc.

I’m of total belief we need a big rebuild of the core squad though (mentality issue) and I wouldn’t be too bothered if most of the core left soon.

Shota

Can you imagine how up for it the atmosphere would be at Ibrox leading up to the game against Hibs at Ibrox if we had Dyche or Bosz or Knutsen or Seoane in charge? I really don't think the board think about things like this. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
I think Dyche’s reception would be similar to Beales.

Other 3 mentioned would bring blind excitement and would signal the sign of a fresh start.

Number Six

I said on paper. Many have fell out of form or chucked it since then. Who have we lost since that season? Aribo who played a major part and Bassey who didn’t kick on properly until the season after. Added the likes of Colak, Lawrence, Davies, Lundstram etc.

I’m of total belief we need a big rebuild of the core squad though (mentality issue) and I wouldn’t be too bothered if most of the core left soon.
I added some of the squad players into my original post. On paper there isn’t a lot in it I don’t believe and like I said the X1 is near enough the same

FSM

Somebody on RM saying it’s 100% Michael Beale, they’re at a hotel in Marylebone and Wilson & Robertson are there while Beale left earlier.

ECA4B11E-9746-4A2F-962C-4F0F51D87351.jpeg.16d02181d0cc23ed3961aab309b6525d.jpeg

Shota

I added some of the squad players into my original post. On paper there isn’t a lot in it I don’t believe and like I said the X1 is near enough the same
Part of the issue. Think the injuries to new players highlight that more too.

Would say after 55 board/management/squad got complacent and didn’t have much motivation left especially after Malmo. After beating Dortmund last season I think the players felt they could eclipse winning 55 which motivated them. There’s nothing left to motivate them now imo. They’ve won the league, a cup and went to the Europa final and got beat on pens and even qualified for the CL.

Will be a job done and completed for many of them. Which is why I think we are a good team on paper but the mentality is miles off.

rangersfc_51

Smiley Face
Official Ticketer
Can you imagine how up for it the atmosphere would be at Ibrox leading up to the game against Hibs at Ibrox if we had Dyche or Bosz or Knutsen or Seoane in charge? I really don't think the board think about things like this. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
Don’t really think any of those names are going to impact the atmosphere, we’re 9 points behind with a depleted squad, there’s still going to be that anxious feeling so your clutching at straws here - good attempt.

Ally’s Golden Boot

You said;

"GVB was pretty much unanimous but he failed."

"Caixinha was a project and failed"

GVB didnt fail at all, he didnt get enough time and he got us to a Europa final and won a cup, hardly a failure.

Id also add in, If Beale was not good enough for us previously then why is he so good for us now? He has done nothing to suggest he should be our manager
GVB didn’t fail? Seriously? Have you watched us this season? That is the worst Rangers team I have seen since Pedro. Absolutely abysmal.

I appreciate everything Gio has achieved in Europe, however, we would end up at least 15 points behind the filth if he was allowed to continue as gaffer.

HarryBosch

Just sums the Record up to be honest when it comes to reporting on Rangers just clueless. Devlin most likely to be truthful but nobody really knows what's going on.
Why do people still believe anything this mob write? They are partnered with Celtic, and have no clue what's happening at Rangers, so they just conjure it out of thin air and people on here lap it up.

HarryBosch

Maybe, if it had been brewing behind the scenes for months, this was the boards way of trying to piss GvB off so much that he just walked away, thus avoiding a payout.

Or maybe not.

ronadamus_prime

Maybe, if it had been brewing behind the scenes for months, this was the boards way of trying to piss GvB off so much that he just walked away, thus avoiding a payout.

Or maybe not.

If it was, then it was tasteless and unbefitting of a club of our stature.

Also, if I was in Gio's shoes and the club pulled a stunt like that. Then I'd drag my heels and point blank refuse to walk away out of principle. Sack me and pay me what you're due me, would very much be my outlook.

Odin1972

Genuine question. Why are they profitable and we rely on millions of loans? In a year, say they'd won the league, and us 2nd. Not mega differing prize money. They make maybe an additional £4m from more season book sales. Merchandise can't be hugely different?
Years of champions league money and player sales while we had none.

spg6

I'm with you. I'm not giving up on this season, but equally think we need to begin to be a bit ruthless. We should be looking to get a couple of the older / ineffective players off the books in Jan. We need to prepare the way for a bigger change in summer.

foxinthebox

things seemed to be moving fast but we’ve still go approach QPR it seems

No doubt we’ll still not have appointed a new manager this time next week knowing our board
According to the press we have been granted permission by QPR to speak to him today

Last edited:

Tagsbear

Bar Dyche and at a push Bosz, the majority wouldn't have heard of them, I think you're probably over estimating the buzz they'd generate.

Status
Not open for further replies.