• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thern7

6 months ago he was Europa League top scorer

His form might have dipped but he's hardly become a bad player in that time

Before injury Alfie was doing well too

Form and ability are different things
Completely agree, I wasn't trying to bash Tav as a player, I was simply sharing I don't think he is currently at the same level which Beale had to utilise in his previous time at the club.

RLoyal

Malmo gets used a lot to beat Beale etc with and rightfully so, disastrous night, but whatabout the 3 seasons previous, about 10 ties we got through, just our bloody luck we lose 1 in 11 or something and it's the most important. This step up term is bollocks, we beat better than Malmo along the way

Opta

Malmo gets used a lot to beat Beale etc with and rightfully so, disastrous night, but whatabout the 3 seasons previous, about 10 ties we got through, just our bloody luck we lose 1 in 11 or something and it's the most important. This step up term is bollocks, we beat better than Malmo along the way
The red card for Malmo was probably the worst thing to happen during that game. Soon as that happened the players thought the game was won.

albert_left_peg

Stand by my earlier posts that I think this too big of a risk given where we are.

What has changed the boards opinion of Beale in the last year when we could have just promoted him when Gerrard left?

There is no learning curve at Rangers, no time to make mistakes - look at Gio as an example , even given his success of last year, the knives were quickly out after a few bad results and performances.

Gerrard was appointed with the goal of stopping their tainted ten and he got leeway give his stature in the game and all the crap that came before him. I’m not sure Beale will get the same level of leeway from the support who believe we should be winning more than we are.

A massive risk taken by this board, who by and large have made bad decision after bad decision on the footballing side of the business.

Opta

Stand by my earlier posts that I think this too big of a risk given where we are.

What has changed the boards opinion of Beale in the last year when we could have just promoted him when Gerrard left?

There is no learning curve at Rangers, no time to make mistakes - look at Gio as an example , even given his success of last year, the knives were quickly out after a few bad results and performances.

Gerrard was appointed with the goal of stopping their tainted ten and he got leeway give his stature in the game and all the crap that came before him. I’m not sure Beale will get the same level of leeway from the support who believe we should be winning more than we are.

A massive risk taken by this board, who by and large have made bad decision after bad decision on the footballing side of the business.
It wasn’t ‘a few bad results and performances’ the past 10 months have been full of bad results and poor performances.

Dedé Arneaux

They understand that he knows more about football, tactics, and training, than almost any other coach they'll ever work with. Expect Kent et al to suddenly come onto a game. This is going to be fascinating.
As it would whoever gets the job. If Kent Morelos & Kamara don’t come onto a game pronto they’ll be out the door.

Quijibo

Yes, the one time they did their job but did nothing in the cups and the next year they went out with a whimper before scurrying off to fail at Villa.

The Gerrard love in fine but we all do not share that view on him.

You haven’t seen any ”love in” you just haven’t seen me use any emotive language positively or negatively about him because the context of his time with us exists in a more nuanced form than an oblique “1 in 12”, or “happy to see him go”

If we are looking for more emotional responses from people it tends to come from those acting like a spurned lover than those who are happy to discuss the positives and negatives on his time with us. On that topic it does make you query as to whether some of the attitude against Beale is maybe coming from that notion that he left with Gerrard…

CaptainCourageous

I’m not sure you can blame Beale for the lack of domestic trophies. Do Vos and Makaay take praise for Seville?

How come McAllister doesn’t get it in the neck the way Beale does on that front - both held similar roles under Gerrard, assistant head coaches.

Roll on Hibs, I’m bored of the World Cup. I expect the team to have been put through their paces over the next two and a bit weeks. A better set up, shape. More disciplined, better organised, hungry, players playing to their strengths and a team coming out the traps like men possessed.

Was dreading the football returning with GvB in charge. Now we enter a new chapter and let’s hope it’s a successful one.

cooprfc

What worries me most is that the players are reportedly happy it's Beale. More than half this squad needs punted and I've a feeling they won't be

This type of thing is nonsense.

Why wouldn't you want a manager who the players respect and who can get a tune out them? We can't replace them all.

And just because they like him doesn't mean he won't get rid of them.

Quijibo

Looking at Gios time, the euro run is so at odds with how we performed in the league. There was no style and our fitness really seemed to be a defining factor. Even that fell off a cliff this season.

it’s odd.

JMCK

This type of thing is nonsense.

Why wouldn't you want a manager who the players respect and who can get a tune out them? We can't replace them all.

And just because they like him doesn't mean he won't get rid of them.
Beale will be as nuanced as they come when it comes to who stays and who goes, on the BT sport item he even questions the hunger of certain players; he will want players who he thinks can deliver, and that's it. By the summer the team will be fully his.

Last edited:

SmileyBear

You haven’t seen any ”love in” you just haven’t seen me use any emotive language positively or negatively about him because the context of his time with us exists in a more nuanced form than an oblique “1 in 12”, or “happy to see him go”

If we are looking for more emotional responses from people it tends to come from those acting like a spurned lover than those who are happy to discuss the positives and negatives on his time with us. On that topic it does make you query as to whether some of the attitude against Beale is maybe coming from that notion that he left with Gerrard…

I think most were happy to see him Gerrard/Beale and are only excited by Beale as he did seem to have that grip over them which was good but we are also forgetting how overall bar one season how poorly they had us performing.

I would love for Beale to be the answer but can't help thinking how reasonably decent coaches like Steve Clarke had them in their pocket or how we toiled and got beaten by very average opposition and managers as that worries me.

Also, both failed at Villa as they were found out by better coaches and players also Beales's time at QPR as a manager does not make for great reading.

If I thought we were losing Gio to go for Beale I would not be that excited.

Hurricane Run

What worries me most is that the players are reportedly happy it's Beale. More than half this squad needs punted and I've a feeling they won't be

I would love the type of full scale rebuild you are implying here mate. Im sick of the players letting us down - but the reality is we dont have the finances to replace 10/11/12 players. So - and this has definitely factored in the choice of Beale - we need to get more out of the ones that are staying.

I can see Kent and Alfie signing extensions (not necesarily long term) as well as Jack and possibly Helander, to free up funds for elsewhere - whether we agree with that or not, but thats the financial reality of the situation. To find 4 first teamers of their quality would cost us about £15M on the open market and thats just to like for like replace them. We would still need to buy a GK, CM and a RW on top.

Quijibo

I think most were happy to see him Gerrard/Beale and are only excited by Beale as he did seem to have that grip over them which was good but we are also forgetting how overall bar one season how poorly they had us performing.

I would love for Beale to be the answer but can't help thinking how reasonably decent coaches like Steve Clarke had them in their pocket or how we toiled and got beaten by very average opposition and managers as that worries me.

Also, both failed at Villa as they were found out by better coaches and players also Beales's time at QPR as a manager does not make for great reading.

If I thought we were losing Gio to go for Beale I would not be that excited.

Beale wasn’t my choice in the poll but I am warming to what the opportunity looks like. I’ve made my concerns of Gio clear since USG and what I thought was happening and unfortunately it proved correct. I am delighted he’s gone, and I firmly believe that there will be improved performance across the team going forward. How much performance will depend on spend but as a minimum I reckon we will see an upturn in Kamara and therefore his sale price next season.

I am not one for hyperbole, but I’d have you in place before Gio.

SmileyBear

Beale wasn’t my choice in the poll but I am warming to what the opportunity looks like. I’ve made my concerns of Gio clear since USG and what I thought was happening and unfortunately it proved correct. I am delighted he’s gone, and I firmly believe that there will be improved performance across the team going forward. How much performance will depend on spend but as a minimum I reckon we will see an upturn in Kamara and therefore his sale price next season.

I am not one for hyperbole, but I’d have you in place before Gio.
I come across as very Anti-Beale in my posts, but I'm not I like him as a coach and have watched a lot of stuff about him and his coaching style.
I worry about the same stuff we saw under him and Gerrard again mostly not being able to beat a low block I think that's why I would have preferred someone new as I see him as a backward step.

In Walter We Trust

The moment gio walked in the door we started to regress league wise , on him but also the players

tottie beck

I’m really starting to feel our board is reactive rather than proactive. I just want them to make sure they examine all options and pick someone with a long term plan for success.

Hazylight1989

While i agree with your post I suspect the board are effectively giving him till the end of the season as an apprenticeship.

tottie beck

I’m surprised Duncan Ferguson isn’t on that list. I’m not saying he should get the job, but surely he’s worth interviewing ahead of a bunch of obscure foreigners

Personally I think we should be looking at hiring a coach/DOF combo with redefined responsibilities. Two guys that can work together, think on the same page, one taking care of front office stuff and the other coaching the team.

Baxter Blue

I’m not sure you can blame Beale for the lack of domestic trophies. Do Vos and Makaay take praise for Seville?

How come McAllister doesn’t get it in the neck the way Beale does on that front - both held similar roles under Gerrard, assistant head coaches.

Roll on Hibs, I’m bored of the World Cup. I expect the team to have been put through their paces over the next two and a bit weeks. A better set up, shape. More disciplined, better organised, hungry, players playing to their strengths and a team coming out the traps like men possessed.

Was dreading the football returning with GvB in charge. Now we enter a new chapter and let’s hope it’s a successful one.
I wish I could have your optimism.

SmileyBear

We seem to have come to a place now where these players are picking who they want to manage them and play for.
This won't end well if that's the case.

CrocodileDundee

It wasn’t ‘a few bad results and performances’ the past 10 months have been full of bad results and poor performances.
Correct if we’d lost the semi final to Celtic the support would have turned on gio European run or not.

Winning that game bought him time as we’d had the 3-0 and then the 2-1 defeat at Ibrox the support had doubts even then that he was out of his depth.

Hurricane Run

Correct if we’d lost the semi final to Celtic the support would have turned on gio European run or not.

Winning that game bought him time as we’d had the 3-0 and then the 2-1 defeat at Ibrox the support had doubts even then that he was out of his depth.

Tbf though. If he had won the Old Firm at Ibrox, he would have won a double.

Fine margins. Its always the way.

Hurricane Run

Qpr Chairman liked this tweet , not sure if it was already posted

Tbf. I can see it from their POV. They gave him his shot. They all thought he turned down Wolves for the project. He released a video talking about loyalty - then fcuks off.

We would absolutely, undeniably be the same.

Its also life in football, and the same chairman and fanbase wouldnt think twice about getting rid of him, if it all went wrong. So i respect where they are coming from but i dont particularly care.

RFC56

Aye all Gios fault as usual. Nothing to do with the serial losers.
Yes mate cause that was the point I was making… seems quite a simple concept really, the players weren’t fans of Gio’s methods on the training ground and preferred Beale’s methods. Beales back now and the players like that the old training methods they liked are back as well. No anywhere mate, just a case of a manager not working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.