• Emma Hayes

Votes: 20 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gersandproud

Sky sports now claiming Kevin Muscat is the frontrunner
This is the one on that list I didn't want
I'm not going to say he doesn't have a decent record - or that he's better or worse than others - although his CV doesn't exactly look great
But I will say this guy is a grade A Wank - IMO

bkerr72

If it is going to be Beale then we need to be told who else was interviewed and the reasons for not appointing them. Was it money or did they make too many high demands. The board brought in GVB out of work and worked in China. Now it’s a manager with half a season experience. How is it even possible to continue to %^*& it up.

When have you ever seen a club come out and tell people who they've interviewed for the manager post and why they didn't appoint them?

JD1872

Beale’s back up team better not be a bunch of unemotional English coaches.

If Ross Wilson doesn’t learn from mistakes then he needs hounded out. He should be gone anyway.

Beale’s team needs to be spot on. He needs someone Scottish who is no nonsense when it comes to attitude and standards. Beale still refers to himself as a head coach at QPR and he’ll do all the work in the training park but we need someone who will get torn into those players daily because I know just how far they’ve fallen up at the Training ground. Gerrard was that man previously with Beale so with the roles reversed Beale needs someone strong with him.

Just look at what our team turned to with people like Makaay, Vos and Bowley. Soft as shite.
In one of Beale’s podcast interviews he mentions that Gerrard, McAllister and the coaching team set exceptionally high standards for the players and that was one of the main reasons for the success.

He knows what is required and will bring in the team around him to make sure that happens

AbronhillBear

Mick sounds like the family friend not the next manager of Rangers. Kinda sums up what I’m saying. The easy option not the ambitions of a club needing change. The point I’m offering up is why we didn’t we go for other more experienced managers. Wages or others looking a lack of money to improve on the playing squad.

Was Walter Smith the easy option? Was Willie Waddell the easy option? Jock Wallace? Just because it's the easy option doesn't make it the correct decision. Sean Dyche was sounded out for the job and made it clear he wasn't interested. That's the only one I know for a fact to be the case but that's not to say others weren't sounded out too.
I've been highly critical of the board recently. I think we need change but for me most of the realistic names being thrown about had their pros and cons.
We are a risk for most managers coming here because its very much a boom or bust situation. If you are 2nd you aren't good enough it can be damaging to a Managers career. I've said already in this thread. Michael Beale is a risk for this Rangers board but most of the realistic names were and Rangers are a risk to a very ambitious Michael Beale.

We need to get behind the manager. Demand that he is backed properly in the transfer market so that he can succeed and then we need to do our part in the stands. Division will get us nowhere. As soon as he is announced 99.9 per cent of the support if they agree or disagree with the appointment will get behind the manager and the team.

londonbluenose

If Ross Wilson doesn’t learn from mistakes then he needs hounded out. He should be gone anyway.

Beale’s team needs to be spot on. He needs someone Scottish who is no nonsense when it comes to attitude and standards. Beale still refers to himself as a head coach at QPR and he’ll do all the work in the training park but we need someone who will get torn into those players daily because I know just how far they’ve fallen up at the Training ground. Gerrard was that man previously with Beale so with the roles reversed Beale needs someone strong with him.

Just look at what our team turned to with people like Makaay, Vos and Bowley. Soft as shite.
Spot on.

This is crucial for Beale... he needs to get his backroom team right

Barrymoped

I'm not going to say he doesn't have a decent record - or that he's better or worse than others - although his CV doesn't exactly look great
I haven’t seen this at all.

It’s Beale, I’d honestly be staggered now if it wasn’t

RotterdamBear

I’ve never been as disillusioned with Rangers in 30 year.

I don’t want Beale I want a fresh start with new players new tactics and new hunger

But Muscat ?

Surely a club our size can attract an established manager with a bit of a track record at a decent club ?

You’d love to be privy to the natural course applicants I bet there’s real decent options there

AdiCR2

What the hell?

TallBearCr

The loyalty stuff is a good laugh, all he has to say is that he thanks qpr for the chance to go out on his own and then say that he couldnt turn down rangers as historically the job doesnt come up very often. Wish QPR all the best and thats that. It will be forgotten about by xmas.

QPR will know being where they are and the team that they are that any manager, player, member of staff if doing well or liked elsewhere will be off when it feels right for said person, just like us with gerrard or any good players we have had.

Wouldnt mind a couple of their players to, but i doubt they will entertain us on that.

AlfredoMorelos20

I’ve never been as disillusioned with Rangers in 30 year.

I don’t want Beale I want a fresh start with new players new tactics and new hunger

But Muscat ?

Surely a club our size can attract an established manager with a bit of a track record at a decent club ?

You’d love to be privy to the natural course applicants I bet there’s real decent options there
You’ve never been as disillusioned with Rangers in 30 years,not even when we where being ripped apart by Spivs?

Absolute drama queen.

snoopyboymason

Really he's 22/1 on skybet Beale is 1/10

wd1872

And then you woke up?

gersandproud

No they aren’t?

I thought they were -
I saw it on an Sky Sports / Ibrox News article by Pranav Shahenev dated at 7:10 p.m. last night - (apologies I don't have a web address - using a bit of an old phone at the moment)

The article quotes the Scottish Sun among others - so obviously hope it's all shite

Sorry to have caused any panic - but I had the same reaction of course

RangersEasyOK!

I thought they were -
I saw it on an Sky Sports / Ibrox News article by Pranav Shahenev dated at 7:10 p.m. last night - (apologies I don't have a web address - using a bit of an old phone at the moment)

The article quotes the Scottish Sun among others - so obviously hope it's all shite

Sorry to have caused any panic - but I had the same reaction of course
Ibrox News :D

Get more reliable news from mentally ill Phil

IbroxMainStand

Mate, we had only been beaten once in about 50 league matches against these teams when Gerrard and Beale left.

It's fair to say that the other teams were struggling to set up against us.
55 was great but start of last season before Gerrard and Beale left, we had lost to Dundee United drawn with Motherwell Hearts and Aberdeen only in November.

I really hope this works out but it's a massive risk to think Beale is going to bring back the success of 55 without Gerrard there and missing players like Aribo who were perfect in that system.

punksnotdead

Maybe it's just the modern way or maybe I'm just getting old but everything nowadays seems to be dissected and analysed to death. The new Rangers managers job is no exception. Who has he managed, where has he managed, what's his win percentage, what's his style of play, what's his favourite formation, who's his favoured backroom staff, someone even mentioned Kevin Thomson's voice being boring FFS.

Now I realise that it's a big decision for the club and we're all a bit anxious about it but some of the stuff in this thread is unreal.

For what it's worth I think the manager's job is scrutinised and complicated far too much. The manager's job is to get the players to play in a way that wins games. It really is that simple. I wanted Dyche because I thought he'd be the best at doing that but if it's not him I'd prefer Beale.

I think the players will play for him and he shows a lot of contempt for the other mob which is a must. I agree that if it is Beale his assistants could be crucial to his success.

The bottom line is that any manager is a gamble no matter who they are. We can only hope that whoever gets it is a success and wins us league titles.

Walty72

Good thing that Sky bet have left his odds at 22/1. They are finally giving the punter a chance to win it big!

Lord Summerisle

Administrator
Staff member

Duncan Ferguson would fill that role rather well.

Scott Pilgrim

The correct answer was "Played 2, won 0, drew 1, lost 1"

I'm not sure if I heard it correctly but on Domination on Heart and Hand they mentioned in the most recent episode we failed to beat Celtic at Ibrox for over 18 months.

That right?

Grumpy Old Git

Pre Kelty Hearts, when he was with us, I could see it.

I loved him as a player but since he left and came back for comms, just annoying. His hibs love in and mispronounciations rip ma knitting.
Add in re Kevin Thompson on one commentary in a European tie Morelos the victim of a foul and protesting to ref.
I’ll paraphrase “ just get up and get on with it”
Can you imagine Walker Hartson Sutton Boyd coming out with stuff like that if they were doing a Paedo game if Kyogo got fouled!
Naw me neither

Derek76

Who do you suggest?

Quijibo

If it is going to be Beale then we need to be told who else was interviewed and the reasons for not appointing them. Was it money or did they make too many high demands. The board brought in GVB out of work and worked in China. Now it’s a manager with half a season experience. How is it even possible to continue to %^*& it up.

Aye mate this should become standard!

Standing in your new job

We’re delighted to appoint bluecode03 to his new role. We asked Susan to step up but she said “f*ck naw, I want a life” and Dave said it was “real terms wage drop”

And we weren’t going to give him a top up to cover travel… but big Bluecode03…. He bit our arm off and we didn’t even have to throw in the bonus terms we had in our second drawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.