Middlesbrough For Wes Foderingham?

Wes has been reliable when called upon and by all accounts wants to see the season out. He wants first team football sooner rather than later though.

He’s been decent for us, but he’s no where near the standard we need for our first choice goalie.

Wes is a superb back-up keeper, however I don't see him as a first-pick for Rangers. If he has the chance to win a move to a team like 'boro to be their starting keeper - then he should take it. But not until summer. A really good signing by Warburton.

Happily punt Wes. Average goalkeeper people deluded themselves into thinking was better than he actually is due to our perilous situation back when he was first choice. Decent backup but the very definition of replaceable but at the same time I’d prefer to hold on as McCrorie isn’t ready yet but he deserves to have his shot elsewhere.

Hopefully see McCrorie out on a higher level loan with a temporary backup signed behind McGregor until Robbie is ready on the assumption Wes moves on.

I’d like to add I’m possibly being a bit unfair on Wes but I remember the routine 10m valuations on here vividly.

Happily punt Wes. Average goalkeeper people deluded themselves into thinking was better than he actually is due to our perilous situation back when he was first choice. Decent backup but the very definition of replaceable but at the same time I’d prefer to hold on as McCrorie isn’t ready yet but he deserves to have his shot elsewhere.

Hopefully see McCrorie out on a higher level loan with a temporary backup signed behind McGregor until Robbie is ready on the assumption Wes moves on.

I’d like to add I’m possibly being a bit unfair on Wes but I remember the routine 10m valuations on here vividly.
I hope I am wrong but i don't see McCrorie making the Rangers first team as first pick. I have seen him in a number of games and not been too impressed.

I hope I am wrong but i don't see McCrorie making the Rangers first team as first pick. I have seen him in a number of games and not been too impressed.

Robby has played all 16 league games, keeping four clean sheets.

QOS have conceded 19 goals in 16 games, 3rd best defence in that league.

Their trouble is scoring, 16 in 16 games sees them joint lowest scorers and in 7th place.

Big Wes deserves to be number 1 somewhere, he's a cracking keeper and a great guy.

Surprised we weren't able to cash in on him for at least a million or 2 last summer, I thought Championship clubs would be all over his availability,

Be in match day squads when the under 19's are elsewhere maybe?
We only ever have two keepers in the matchday squad.

The odds of an injury / red card to both of those keepers at such short notice that we wouldn't be able to call up Wright must be about 5000000/1, and therefore probably not worth spending a wage on.

We only ever have two keepers in the matchday squad.

The odds of an injury / red card to both of those keepers at such short notice that we wouldn't be able to call up Wright must be about 5000000/1, and therefore probably not worth spending a wage on.

The manager thinks otherwise.

I actually feel that Wes was harshly treated when being dropped to No.2, I am not doubting that McGregor is a better shot stopper, and has saved us conceding quite a bit - but he has cost us goals as well - still the best choice as number 1. The harshest was when Mcgregor got himself banned for his reckless challenge on Ferguson, Wes comes in and does quite well, only to be dropped again - where is the incentive for a No2 if you replace the No1 and do the job, only to be dropped again?

I prefer Wes of the 2 keepers, I don't think there is much difference as far as their physical stature. Allan is a better shot stopper - Wes is miles better at distribution and generally on the ball - never worry or wince when the ball is passed back to him at all.
Just how I prefer my GK to be, McGregor is class as well - just my personal preference.

I actually feel that Wes was harshly treated when being dropped to No.2, I am not doubting that McGregor is a better shot stopper, and has saved us conceding quite a bit - but he has cost us goals as well - still the best choice as number 1. The harshest was when Mcgregor got himself banned for his reckless challenge on Ferguson, Wes comes in and does quite well, only to be dropped again - where is the incentive for a No2 if you replace the No1 and do the job, only to be dropped again?

I prefer Wes of the 2 keepers, I don't think there is much difference as far as their physical stature. Allan is a better shot stopper - Wes is miles better at distribution and generally on the ball - never worry or wince when the ball is passed back to him at all.
Just how I prefer my GK to be, McGregor is class as well - just my personal preference.

McGregor is a better keeper

May be better with ball at his feet but that can well be overlooked used to wince from long range efforts with Wes or how many times he was beaten low was embarassing.

McGregor is a better keeper

May be better with ball at his feet but that can well be overlooked used to wince from long range efforts with Wes or how many times he was beaten low was embarassing.
You could say the same about how many times Mcgregor comes charging off his line and fluffs it, or how often he is beat at his front post. People have blinkers on with Al because of how many big moments he produces. Wes had a shocking defence in front of him, something Mcgregor has never had to endure in his time at Ibrox. Just my opinion on MY preference of keeper. Obviously the main opinion that matters is the gaffers and he clearly prefers Al.

wild.

A goalies first, and main, objective is to keep the ball out his net. His distribution is secondary.

foderingham doesn’t make that save McGregor made on Sunday.

I’m all for difference of opinion, but you must be trolling by suggesting you prefer foderingham over McGregor.

wild.

A goalies first, and main, objective is to keep the ball out his net. His distribution is secondary.

foderingham doesn’t make that save McGregor made on Sunday.

I’m all for difference of opinion, but you must be trolling by suggesting you prefer foderingham over McGregor.

Wes wouldn't have stalled, then stalled, then come flying out, and but for Tav covering his rear end, we would have conceded.
People gloss over Mcgregor's mistakes regularly, along with his poor discipline because he is one of us, and as I said in a previous post, makes the big saves - saves that Wes has also produced as well in the past. Its unfair to try and judge Wes tenure as number 1 vs Mcgregor as Mcgregor works under far better conditions than Wes did.

Wes is a 6/10 keeper for me. For me, he tended to concede too many shots that he really should have saved.

Would do well at a club who aren't expected to win every week. Either way, he won't be here next season so would rather get a fee for him.

Good luck to him.

Back