Middleton joins Hibs on loan - Confirmed

I can only see the merit in that he might play v celtic and score v them.

aside from that, doing business with Hibs, not for me. With them being under new control but, it now opens the door for a better working relationship at board level and they'll be open to doing business with us when something inevitably comes up

Some lovely comments on twitter from the hibs fans already:rolleyes:

Hopefully he gets regular football there and kicks on at least.

Good move for him and us, unfortunate that it’s to Hibs, but at least PH is a decent coach. It’s essential that he gets significant SPFL gametime while he’s still developing.

Good move, 12th man and even though they weren't great at the weekend, their manager will build a good side and with Allan's distribution, he could do really well if he can develop a final ball.

Not happy about this, and not just because it's HIVs.

Would much rather he went abroad and picked up a bit of ability and technique, sure he will learn what the hammer throwers are all about in Scotland, but we need more in our players than being able to take abuse.

a659iz4.gif

:mad:

Best of luck to him. It's a good move to a team that try to get the ball down and play so hopefully he'll get plenty of game time and come back a better player.

Firstly I'm glad the boy is going to be playing regularly at this level because he needs to be. Gutted about dealing with they scumbags though.

Can see the benefits of this move. Just hope he can cope with inevitably being called a hun and orange bastard by their junkie fans when they're not doing too well.

Like many/most I hate that we're dealing with those scumbags but Middleton getting regular minutes in the league he's going to be playing in is the most important thing. We're also strengthening one of the side most likely to take points off the beasts which is as good as us winning points.

Hope it works out.

I get the outrage but however we need to be smart this season and do what those rats have been doing for years, if Middleton helps get 1 result against the poets it will be worth it

We should be doing no business with the likes of Hibs or Dundee United. Nothing.

I understand why people would feel this way but I think it’s a good move for him. He’s better than what they have so will play, a lot, in a league where he’ll be playing his trade with us and hopefully do some damage to the scum in the process. Quite like their manager too. Seems a decent sort, who only wants to get his team playing well rather than the previous hate filled arseholes they had in charge.

We should be using every other team to our advantage. Don't buy into the thinking that we have any sort of rivalry with us. They're nothing to us.

I'm not happy about him going to the spoon burners but he'll get experience of the league and at least they try and play football ,Now Hastie to Well ,Holt to St Mirren,Dorrans to Hearts and Dodoo to St Johnstone ;)

It's a good move *if* Hibs treat him fairly and with care.

I'm not a huge fan of dealing with teams that you don't have a good relationship with, especially when the club in question perhaps has a better (dare I even say good?) relationship with Celtic.

I just think it opens the door to some unsavoury situations.

Hopefully that's not the case and I'm just being paranoid.

He'd have learned alot more in the dutch environment imo, however there would have been a settling in period and reading between the lines and listening to SG in the press conference last week, it was entirely Glens choice to go to Hibs. I even got the impression Gerrard would have preferred it to be Holland.

I'm split on this, I hate those disease infested scum HiVS, but hope he scores against the Paedophile infested scum.

Back