Middleton Languishing in the Hibs Reserves

I would say he has made a James Blunt of his career. Typical Scottish mentality of wanting to stay at home.

Compare to Morelos leaving Columbia for Finland as a teenager.

Until our young players get out and experience different cultures they will never get better

He's 19 ffs.

I think a good example of how to gradually develop and integrate young, promising players into the first team squad can be found in how Guardiola has handled Foden. Pep clearly rates him, and began by using him in brief cameo appearances in the final minutes of games, to now where the player is seeing significantly more game time- even starting in certain situations. Thus, Foden is being gradually integrated into the first XI, given time to get acclimated to his role in the team, and to the EPL.

It is therefore harsh and unfair to young guys like Middleton, who get pitched as a starter into Rangers games - often with a great deal at stake - and are expected to perform. If Rangers - but any team really - are serious about developing a viable youth academy, it seems to me that a strategy has to be found that allows for the gradual integration of 'elite prospects' into the first team squad, otherwise what's the point of it all?

I hope he gets his career back on track but imo yet to find his level which unfortunately is not at Rangers.

Well this loan spell hasn’t done much for Middleton’s development so far but hopefully he will get a bit more game time in the weeks to come. The young man has got talent and just needs to work hard and listen to good advice. I’m sure when he returns to HTC the coaching staff will make up for lost time.
He must though wish he had gone with the club’s recommendation to go to the Dutch team - it’s not that far from home Glenn!

I had hoped this would work out for him. Hopefully he can galvanise his career and start making an impact.

I would say he has made a James Blunt of his career. Typical Scottish mentality of wanting to stay at home.

Compare to Morelos leaving Columbia for Finland as a teenager.

Until our young players get out and experience different cultures they will never get better

Agree with this. Going to Hibs ffs.

Think he is a player, but might have missed his chance at Rangers with Kent coming and Kennedy coming through.

Back