Middleton Languishing in the Hibs Reserves

Uddy Gers

A very underwhelming loan in all honesty.

I remember Gerrard disagreeing with his decision to join Hibs, he preferred that he went to the Netherlands on loan.

It looks like he should have listened to Gerrard.

He had the chance to go to NAC Breda who are challenging for promotion in the Netherland’s 2nd Division. But he’s stuck in the Hibs reserves.

Where does this leave Middleton at us?

Leaves him probably needing another loan next year with hopefully more first team action. Not sure on the length of his contract he’d also be well down our list of attacking options at the moment anyway.

Was never good enough. There are so many players on the books that you know will never kick a ball for us

I remember Gerrard disagreeing with his decision to join Hibs, he preferred that he went to the Netherlands on loan.

He had the chance to go to NAC Breda who are challenging for promotion in the Netherland’s 2nd Division. But he’s stuck in the Hibs reserves.

No teenage player should go against their managers advice without good reason if they've forged a career in the game. To go against Steven Gerrard is lunacy tbh.

I remember asking if he had made the right decision weeks back and was in the minority in thinking Holland would have been far more beneficial for him. The majority seemed to think the loan to Hibs to play SPL was the better move.

Get him back and arrange o loan for elsewhere. Could be massive for him his next choice as it could define wether he has a future with the club or not. There is definitely a player to be nurtured there imo.

No good enough. Can’t switch his game up and too predictable, always looking to stay on the inside and knock the ball forward.

Would love to think I was wrong and he can make it but I don’t see it. Especially with what’s in front of him first team terms

Wild how this myth has grown arms and legs on here.

He had the chance to go to NAC Breda and play Reserve teams every other week, or give it a crack at Hibs where the standard is much higher.

Sometimes, loans don't work out. Doesn't mean the process was wrong.

He had the chance to go to NAC Breda and play Reserve teams every other week, or give it a crack at Hibs where the standard is much higher.

So many writing a player off again.

Hes made a wrong choice. It happens. Sometimes a club and a player never suit each other. He might come good, nobody knows.

What's certain is I'd have him back in january and loaned elsewhere as it isnt working at that rancid train wreck of a club.

He doesn’t need anyone to tell him he made the wrong move. The lad probably knows that himself.
For his own sake it would be better to get back to Rangers, get himself up to speed again, and then find himself a club who will help his career.
Unfortunately for him it won’t be with us.
But he has plenty of time to turn it around.

Jesus what a thread

He’s a year older than Dapo Mebude

He’s played up front himself in a Europa League game and just about scored a winner with 10 men.

Hes scored in Moscow

If he was a mentally challenged he would have his own tshirt and daily updates on his progress in the super-soaraway-sun

Those saying “ah typical writing a young player off”.

I heard the same pish being spouted when I and others stated Aird, Crawford etc were never good enough.

Looking at the standard of player we have and the level Middleton is at, I have no qualms about stating Middleton won’t have a long term future with us

The fact he can’t get into a struggling Hibs team speaks volumes.

All he has is pace. Very one footed therefore after a few games, defenders had him sussed out. Similar to Gregg Wylde in that respect

I heard he walked out on Hibs the weekend of the League Cup semi. Also Heckingbottom didnt seem to like young players as he did the same with Oli Shaw. he is more likely to get a chance with Jack Ross if he is applying himself.

I don't think he'll make it at Rangers to be honest.

If we're using Kent as a benchmark for wingers, does anyone believe he'll reach that potential? I have my doubts.

He'll carve out a good career in Scotland though.

Jesus what a thread

He’s a year older than Dapo Mebude

He’s played up front himself in a Europa League game and just about scored a winner with 10 men.

Hes scored in Moscow

If he was a mentally challenged he would have his own tshirt and daily updates on his progress in the super-soaraway-sun
There's no doubt in my mind hes a decent player and will have a future in the game. Think most folk are bit pissed off with him because he went to hibs

If he cannot force himself into a Hibs 11, he's not a good enough player to make our 18-21 man squad.

Simple as that.

Sink or swim.

I don't think he'll make it at Rangers to be honest.

If we're using Kent as a benchmark for wingers, does anyone believe he'll reach that potential? I have my doubts.

He'll carve out a good career in Scotland though.

You think?

I think her struggle to get into most SPL teams other than maybe a St Mirren or the likes.

Suspect he’ll end up in England League 1 or at best, bottom 5 Championship level

Playing and scoring for Rangers in the Europa League at 18 to Hibs reserves at 19. Crazy decision.

Now being bracketed alongside guys like Aird and Crawford who played against Albion Rovers.

Being told hes not even SPL level footballer

Given that no SPL club can get near a Europa League 4th qualifier never mind a 2nd one.

How on earth can you make that assertion given his performances for Rangers in Europe.

Not really interested in how he is or isnt rated by a team like Hibs

Did he?

Middleton took the easy choice, not staying away from home etc/ pals.
Hastie, docherty and mcrorie took the harder road. Thats a black mark against him imo.
Not finished at Rangers, but going to be very hard for him to come back into the plans.

Now being bracketed alongside guys like Aird and Crawford who played against Albion Rovers.

Given that no SPL club can get near a Europa League 4th qualifier never mind a 2nd one.

How on earth can you make that assertion given his performances for Rangers in Europe.

You’re making out that he was a regular top former in Europe for us

I’m basing my judgement on what I seen of him playing for us in general. A goal in Moscow doesn’t remove the countless woeful games he had for us.

It was a reason as to why he was put out on loan.

All about opinions. I don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough for us, I don’t think he’d get a game for most SPL teams either. That he barely features for Hibs kind of backs that up given how they’ve struggled this season.

If you think he’ll become a top player for us, magic. Crack on

Reading between the lines it’s not hard to see it was Middleton’s decison.

Gerrard distanced himself from the move a number of times and reiterated that it was solely Middleton’s decision to go to Hibs and had nothing to do with him.

Which would point to Gerrard advising him against it.

It’s Laudrups Right Boot, if it’s negative, he’ll be there.

Gerrard distanced himself from the move a number of times and reiterated that it was solely Middleton’s decision to go to Hibs and had nothing to do with him.

So you don’t remember him saying it at all then?

Glad that clears that one up as I thought I was going made and forgetting him having said it.

He didn't publicly state he was against the Hibs move but he did publicly state he thought going to Holland would be a good move so reading between the lines, I would agree it points to Gerrard preferring the Dutch move

It’s Laudrups Right Boot, if it’s negative, he’ll be there.

Some don’t like honesty

Nelster tried to twist what I said also regarding Aird and Crawford.

The only comparison I made was that plenty on here claimed they’d go on and be mainstays for us for years to come

I and others said they weren’t good enough

underwhelming
tenor.gif

When I read the thread title I knew there would be the "Just not good enough" posts from the usual crowd before opening it.

The boy is only 19 years old for christ sake, let's give him a few more years to develop before deciding that.

Remember, it was only just over a year ago he was scoring away in Moscow in the Europa League for us.

Some posters need to get a grip.

He’s 19 years old.

It's genuinely bizarre stuff. The same people writing him off are probably the same folk wondering why more youngsters aren't given a shot as well.

I'm not sure if he'll ever be the answer for us, but bad loan spells happen. Plenty of players older than he is have gone out and failed to impress at one club, only to turn around and smash it at the next. There's a guy we paid £7m for in the summer that would tell you that.

Back