Middleton needs a spell on the bench

Miles Morelos

This is a couple of games he’s been poor in. Not doing us or him any good continuing to play him when he’s this shit out of form.

I always thought he was much better as a dynamic option off the bench. Either way, he needs to be managed properly and playing him like Gerrard has been is taking away most the effectiveness he had.

Grezda should have been on for him at half time.
He is one dimensional
Only 18 lots to learn.

He's been out of form for while, seems to be better off the bench yet always gets a start and full 90 minutes baffling

The manager said a few months ago that he needs to manage middleton carefully because of his age and yet hes never out the team.

Don’t like criticising young players but he looks a little boy out of his depth hopefully gets a rest and returns better

If we are going to use his age as an excuse for him not turning up then put him in the reserves until he's old enough.

He has done feck all in the last 3 games. We need players that turn up every week regardless of age.

He is a fucking boy.

He's only this season started training with the first team, never mind playing.

He is not ready for week in, week out football but I have every faith that he will be good for us.

The Murphy injury has resulted in him seeing more first team football than Gerrard probably wanted.

A bit of perspective needed here.

He is easy to play against. One trick pony for me who isn't ready for consistent first team football. He needs to work more on his all round game for me.

If we are going to use his age as an excuse for him not turning up then put him in the reserves until he's old enough.

He has done feck all in the last 3 games. We need players that turn up every week regardless of age.
It took Forrest almost 10 years to become a regular starter for Celtc. Players don't just wake up one day ready to play every first team game.

Players mature and learn with game time.

His confidence looks shot at the moment.
He needs to start on the bench and come on as a potential impact player.

Has he actually played all that consistently to be considered for a spell on the bench?

Personally I think he's a very good player in the making but probably should be starting from the bench more often than not.

He is a fucking boy.

He's only this season started training with the first team, never mind playing.

He is not ready for week in, week out football but I have every faith that he will be good for us.

The Murphy injury has resulted in him seeing more first team football than Gerrard probably wanted.

A bit of perspective needed here.
Not on here their isn’t.

He’s young and nowhere near good enough to start every week for us at the moment.

It’s not his fault that he’s in the team and he works his balls off and gives all he’s got.

Give him time to develop and don’t go over the top with the criticism.
That’s exactly what I’m scared of

Some of our support can’t wait to get torn into him. His new-car-smell is starting to wear off, so the overboard criticism he’s starting to get isn’t going to do him any good

It took Forrest almost 10 years to become a regular starter for Celtc. Players don't just wake up one day ready to play every first team game.

Players mature and learn with game time.

Agree, but in a must win game on the back of 2 games where he was totally posted missing was a big ask. Of the 3 games tonight was his worst.

Unfortunately the time for players to learn is not in must win league and Euro games.

We'll be having a bunch of eijits along in a second claiming he's Gregg Wylde mk2. He's a fantastic player, and will imo become one of our best in future. He makes the odd mistake but I love the little guy, he's infinitely better than Wylde, and anyone claiming otherwise knows nothing about football.

I agree but no need for the OTT criticism he's 18 and the experience will be invaluable for him

He put some great balls in tonight, there is a player in there.

A white Didier Agathe. Fast and not much else at present

Comparing him to a guy who was mid 20's when he played for Celtic? Suppose your forgetting about the goals and assists so far this season?

He's 18 ffs, he's playing due to injuries to Murphy, Kent and a suspension to Candeias.

Agree, but in a must win game on the back of 2 games where he was totally posted missing was a big ask. Of the 3 games tonight was his worst.

Unfortunately the time for players to learn is not in must win league and Euro games.
Unfortunately we were also out of options and i think his pace put him ahead of Grezda to play on the counter.

Back