Middleton needs a spell on the bench

We'll be having a bunch of eijits along in a second claiming he's Gregg Wylde mk2. He's a fantastic player, and will imo become one of our best in future. He makes the odd mistake but I love the little guy, he's infinitely better than Wylde, and anyone claiming otherwise knows nothing about football.

It's already happened, some people have no clue whatsoever.

Comparing him to a guy who was mid 20's when he played for Celtic? Suppose your forgetting about the goals and assists so far this season?

He's 18 ffs, he's playing due to injuries to Murphy, Kent and a suspension to Candeias.
I didn't say there wasn't potential but he's not doing it at present and if his 'kick past the guy and run' ala Agathe doesn't work he struggles badly.

He's a young lad that's came in to the team created goals and scored goals ahead of schedule. There is no way anyone expected him to be involved as much this season given his age

We are good at criticising young players on here.
Agree, we need to cut a bit of slack. He has played a handful of games and is still learning. We cannot bring through our own and expect it to all to be plain sailing. I thought he was decent in the first half albeit struggled a bit second.

That’s exactly what I’m scared of

Some of our support can’t wait to get torn into him. His new-car-smell is starting to wear off, so the overboard criticism he’s starting to get isn’t going to do him any good

And playing him constantly on the back of poor performances is not doing the club any good. He needs a spell to get his head back together for the good of both him and the club.

I didn't say there wasn't potential but he's not doing it at present and if his 'kick past the guy and run' ala Agathe doesn't work he struggles badly.

He's playing just now due to injuries and suspensions. You can't expect an 18 year in his first season as a first team player to be consistent week in week out.

IMO Middleton hasn’t showed any real form that would merit a stating slot over the past few months , but for some strange reason SG seems to rate him very highly with his comments about him but I can’t see it , I want the boy to do well Only time will tell I suppose

Grezda now needs to get a run of games and bring Middleton on as a impact sub but he hasn't had any impact in last 3 games now. He is very 1 dimensional currently and full backs have cottoned on already.

He's young and inexperienced and yes he needs to learn and probably does need a spell out of the first 11 but some of the stuff written on here is a joke what's the point on bringing young players a chance when they get the stick they get

Baffling decision to keep him on. Baffling substitutions again. Taking 2 midfielders off fucked it for us. Jack was our best player as well and the subs left us with nothing in the middle which let them take complete control. Can't defend Gerrard tonight and he needs to sort it now. We can't drop anymore points before the winter break and we must beat the filth.

This is a couple of games he’s been poor in. Not doing us or him any good continuing to play him when he’s this shit out of form.

I always thought he was much better as a dynamic option off the bench. Either way, he needs to be managed properly and playing him like Gerrard has been is taking away most the effectiveness he had.
We were struggling for wingers tonight,if Candeias and Kent were available either or both of them would have started.The wee man stared well but faded as the game went on, although he didn't get a lot of service.

Feel he tries too hard , constantly overuns the ball and loses the ball a lot when in good position,s . He'll get better in the future with his decision making

Good prospect, not yet ready to be starting every week. He is a great option from the bench however.

My pet hate with him though is the way he constantly pulls players shirts. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it but no matter if he is defending or attacking he's always got a handful of the other players top. Annoys the life out me as it just gives away needless fouls.

Utter shite. No end product. When I were a lad, Davie Cooper was 11 out of 10 every game, single handedly won everything, didn't even need any other players.

Now we've got the likes of Middleton who is pampered beyond belief, wouldn't know real football if it smacked him in the face. For what he cost us, he should be better than Messi and Ronaldo....

Or in reality, he's a young lad who has been pretty damn good in his first real season as a pro. We had weeks of 'Middleton needs a run of games'. Now he gets a few and it's 'he needs benched'. Some of you cunts just moan for the sake of moaning now.

Fairweather supporters can just fućk off.

Jesus he's been a revelation so far

When ?? Hes had a couple of decent spells at best he has talent for sure but decision making in big matches nope major weak link in the few matches hes started.. Gredza should have been in the line up before middleton imo..

This is a couple of games he’s been poor in. Not doing us or him any good continuing to play him when he’s this shit out of form.

I always thought he was much better as a dynamic option off the bench. Either way, he needs to be managed properly and playing him like Gerrard has been is taking away most the effectiveness he had.
He's only a young guy new into the team,we need to give young guys like him the chance to grow in terms of playing in the first team. How are they going to develope if they're criticized.

He is a good player but needs to be managed. At the moment we have Kent out , Candeias suspended and Grezda just getting up to full fitness ,he is been played more than would be ideal. However for me he looks a good player

Good god this thread is a car crash

Someone tell me the last 18 year old that played for rangers that you said 'wow, he's been consistently brilliant the last 15-20 games in a row'

Doesn't happen. He's playing because of injuries and suspensions. He's going to be brilliant.

Hes more useful as an impact sub to run at tired fullbacks imo Grezda and Candeias should be our wingers until kent is fit

I’d keep playing for now. I’m not sure we have better. Grezda hasn’t settled yet.

He needs game time with barisic so that he learns to use the full back either as a distraction or so they can work an opening.

I like Glenn and think he will be a really good player for us.
The lad is only 18 years of age so is still learning his trade and I'm sure he will be getting the proper coaching from our staff.
He has probably played a wee bit more recently because of the injury to Kent.
Plenty of time to come good.

Said at the start of the season if he gets a run in the team he'll become a whipping boy for the fannys amongst our support.
An 18 year old kid threw in at the deep in this season ffs.
Wingers are never gonnae to be brilliant every week, especially 1 with a handful of top team games behind him.

He's an excellent prospect for us. He has good games and also some not so good like tonight and maybe now needs a time on the subs bench to reflect on his progress to date and set his development targets for the future.

A tweet from a bookie a few weeks ago - now he's shite according to the experts on here:

Glenn middleton last three games for @RangersFC:

vs Spartak ⚽️️
vs Motherwell ⚽️️
vs Livingston ️

583 minutes, 5 goals & 4 assists this season. The future of Rangers & Scottish football.

Reminds me of Gregg Wylde, head down and run like %^*&

I've been thinking this for a wee while
He is capable though of delivering crosses of a calibre Wylde never
Still young and could develop
Attitude has been praised
Think we need to give him time before he can be a regular starter

Back