Middleton needs a spell on the bench

First touch was abysmal tonight

I'd start linking up Grezda and Barisic down the left

This in spades !

Grezda ( Albanian Internationalist ) has been out injured for months and is still not completely up to speed but he will be soon and has a lot more to offer than Middleton has at this stage in his career.
GM should be coming on as sub at this time to provide energy against tiring defences and IMO he needs to accept that it takes time to develope. I have no doubt he will a valuable player for us in due course.

Last edited:
He's just come into the team and is trying too hard IMO. He needs to relax a bit and this will come with experience. To compare him with Wylde is just nonsense. He struggles in the SPL as most teams leave no room in behind and double up in the wide positions. He'll come good in time, we've just got to be patient.

Middleton - When signing his new contract it was about development this season in the first team but given the situations with Kents injuries and Grezda struggling to settle the young lad had the pressure to be the "maestro"

Ejaria has also been victim for criticism as well and he has the luxury of "1st class back to Liverpool ticket" on the table - lets not put these young lads under under pressure because of the failings of the "Seasoned Pros"

He’s never been a revelation.

He’s an average player.

Your clueless if you think he is average player.

He's 18 and he was only promoted to the first team after the start of the season. He's scored some vital goals and created several.

Do you only like to post negative comments?

Your clueless if you think he is average player.

He's 18 and he was only promoted to the first team after the start of the season. He's scored some vital goals and created several.

Do you only like to post negative comments?

His age doesn’t absolve him for his average performances.

If he’s not ready Gerrard shouldn’t be playing him.

His underhitting, overhitting of passes and his decision making in the final 3rd are poor.

He would be nowhere near the starting 11 of a decent successful trophy winning Rangers team.

At this stage IMO

His underhitting, overhitting of passes and his decision making in the final 3rd are poor.

He would be nowhere near the starting 11 of a decent successful trophy winning Rangers team.

At this stage IMO

Neither would the majority of the squad. We’ll never improve as a team or a club though if an element of our support don’t get into the real world and actually start supporting guys who have potential to become better. Without the support our club is nothing but an element hold us back hugely with their nonsensical expectations and sense of entitlement. He’s an 18 year old kid who has loads to learn but also has huge potential and he deserves our support. Folk who think that 18 year olds are fair game for pelters just because they are in the team are part of the problem not the solution.

Neither would the majority of the squad. We’ll never improve as a team or a club though if an element of our support don’t get into the real world and actually start supporting guys who have potential to become better. Without the support our club is nothing but an element hold us back hugely with their nonsensical expectations and sense of entitlement. He’s an 18 year old kid who has loads to learn but also has huge potential and he deserves our support. Folk who think that 18 year olds are fair game for pelters just because they are in the team are part of the problem not the solution.

He’s not getting pelters, it’s a geniuine , detailed description of his current footballing ability.

Of all our troubles at the moment our support are way down the list.

He's a young lad that's came in to the team created goals and scored goals ahead of schedule. There is no way anyone expected him to be involved as much this season given his age

We are good at criticising young players on here.

I think you're way under-selling this forum. Young, old, any level of ability up to and including Ronaldo and Messi are targets. In fact as a rule of thumb I go by the more criticism a Rangers player gets on here the better he is. We don't even limit it to players.... managers, officials (deservedly), fans, groundsmen, board members, posters, kit men and the sprinklers of magic captaincy fairy dust are all fair game

Need to look up before hammering the ball in, should come with experience
He’s a professional footballer he should be aware of these things. I’m 30 and a shite Sunday league player but I know that he needs te look up before crossing, surely he does. That run first half great to get to byeline but then just blooters it in without looking. Few weeks now he has been poor. Against Aberdeen first half he stood on the touch line and offered less than nothing. Came inside one time and had a decent shot. Again surely a PROFESSIONAL player regardless of age can see when things aren’t happening and need to adapt within

Okay, so he wasn't great tonight and has had a couple of ineffective games recently. But very few 18 year olds in world football are capable of influencing a crunch European tie for their team and to be fair, he was only starting due to injury / suspension of our main wingers.

He's not lacking in effort though and I see enough guts and flashes of natural ability in his games so far to suggest that he's still got every chance to make it with us long term. Being in the starting 11 in places like Moscow (where he tucked away a very nice finish) and Vienna could be invaluable for his overall development.

So I wish some would curb the criticism a bit and stop writing him off cos he's not Mbappe. It's up to Glenn now to use this experience positively and really push on. I do agree that a spell back on the bench might be best for now but he can still be an important player for the rest of the season.

I really like the lad and hope he makes it.

Had nothing but praise for him this season but he is out of form at the minute. Noticed the last few weeks he’s been getting bullied off the ball a bit which is to be expected he’s an 18yo lad playing against bigger, stronger more experienced players. Give him time he will be a good future LW for us

At this stage IMO

If it wasn't for injuries and suspensions he probably wouldnt have features as much from the start but the fact is he has played and he has contributed to the team with goals and assists.

Age is a factor and so is the over the top reaction from some of our so called fans. Useless, another Gregg Wylde, average player, not good enough is some of the stuff that has been said tonight.

After his next good game the same people will say he's going to be a star.

FF doesn't believe in giving a young player a break - they just become a target.

If it wasn't for injuries and suspensions he probably wouldnt have features as much from the start but the fact is he has played and he has contributed to the team with goals and assists.

Age is a factor and so is the over the top reaction from some of our so called fans. Useless, another Gregg Wylde, average player, not good enough is some of the stuff that has been said tonight.

After his next good game the same people will say he's going to be a star.

FF doesn't believe in giving a young player a break - they just become a target.

He needs taken out the team.

He looks very much a boy playing a mans game.

Back