Middleton to St Johnstone loan

I hope the loan works well for him though I thought he had been lined up for a loan to a continental club. There’s something about the guy that makes we think there’s still a chance for him with us - go prove it Glenn.

Great movie for him. He has potential and hopefully he can discover some form there.

Really nice guy hopefully a good loan spell. The guys a mainstay of the u21 national team. I don't think he has ever let us down. Its at a stage where it needs to work for him.

Anyone with any real knowledge of where Middleton is at with his development? Chances of making it with us?
According to reports at the start of the month the management team still see the potential in him and possibly see him moving back to an attacking FB role. Will be interesting to see if that's where St Johnstone play him.

Miles from the first eleven or even bench as it stands, hopefully gets a fair bit of game time before the season finishes then see what happens in the summer, best of luck to the boy

I still think there's something in the lad that could be developed into a decent player but think he's running out of time with us to show it.

Made an impact in some Euro games but he didn't look overly suited to playing against a back 10. A little too much of the Gregg Wylde knock it down the outside and chase tactic. Would need to develop the more subtle parts of his attacking game I think

It'll be interesting to see where St Johnstone play him and how much time he gets with their manager as a loan player - Davidson was a decent LB and might be worthwhile for both coaching him in defensive aspects of the game.

Surely because he’s still young and gets the right coaching - still has a future with us. Needs to improve obviously but building blocks are there - pace, game smarts, wise head etc. First and foremost - needs games.

Middleton has two and a half years on Scott Wright.
Was Scott Wright at Middleton's level two years ago?
Just asking?

Middleton has two and a half years on Scott Wright.
Was Scott Wright at Middleton's level two years ago?
Just asking?
2 years ago Middleton was playing regularly at European level and scored in Moscow.Could be argued he was ahead of Wright at that point and 2 years younger

2 years ago Middleton was playing regularly at European level and scored in Moscow.Could be argued he was ahead of Wright at that point and 2 years younger
Yes, Middleton has had some fine moments.
It is perhaps a bit worrying that he didn't manage to hold down a position at Hibs.
Maybe it was not the sort of side he could fit into, hopefully, St Johnstone will be a better fit.
Whenever I saw him playing for Scotland at Under 21 level, he looked bright and industrious and made things happen.
Time will tell, however the lad managing St Johnstone looks to know what he is doing.

I believe this will Be a good move for Glen , see if he can come back and get back in the full squad after the summer

A good young player who had lots of potential, I hope he kicks on and gets plenty of game time and comes back a better player and maybe fight for a place in the team, good luck to the lad.

Honestly see no future for him at Rangers. For me these loans are just about him finding a settled home somewhere. Good luck to him.

Saw him play a couple of times for Scotland u21s, always looked bright and looked like he could make things happen. Hope the loan move works out, there's definitely ability there and he seems to put in a shift.

I hope the loan works well for him though I thought he had been lined up for a loan to a continental club. There’s something about the guy that makes we think there’s still a chance for him with us - go prove it Glenn.
He had offers in Holland again, made the wrong move last time going to hibs and hopefully he gets on better with St Johnstone. Can't really blame him for not wanting to go to another country with the way things are just now.

Latest posts

Back