Middleton to St Johnstone on loan

If the 'Stevie thinks he should have gone to Holland previously' narrative is correct this is an odd one. If that was FF-Lore, this is a good move.

If the 'Stevie thinks he should have gone to Holland previously' narrative is correct this is an odd one. If that was FF-Lore this is a good move.
No idea if that was true or not, however in the current situation with lockdowns - and even a curfew in Holland - then it’s probably not an ideal time to send a young man to live on his own out there. Presumably Perth will be commutable for him. Similar to Kennedy moving from ICT to Raith so he could live at home.

No idea if that was true or not, however in the current situation with lockdowns - and even a curfew in Holland - then it’s probably not an ideal time to send a young man to live on his own out there. Presumably Perth will be commutable for him. Similar to Kennedy moving from ICT to Raith so he could live at home.
That's a really good point. No sense in sending youths across the continent in this climate. Holland is looking a bit dodgy re. civil unrest, too.

Normally would have preferred him to try abroad, but playing for a team in our league is a good second.

I hope that isn't true, it would be really unreasonable if so
I can see the logic in preferring him to go to the continent in 2018. Personally, I am worried about our players leaving the training ground/club supervision these days with the Covid risks, so see how it is preferable to keep him in one nation/under one set of pandemic policies for the foreseeable.

Best of luck to him. Do what the other loanees have done and help us win the league as early as possible by taking points off them.

I can see the logic in preferring him to go to the continent in 2018. Personally, I am worried about our players leaving the training ground/club supervision these days with the Covid risks, so see how it is preferable to keep him in one nation/under one set of pandemic policies for the foreseeable.
Management having a preference is one thing but giving him a choice and then pretty much ending his Rangers career because of that choice wouldn't sit right with me at all.

Management having a preference is one thing but giving him a choice and then pretty much ending his Rangers career because of that choice wouldn't sit right with me at all.
I agree with that. There's a fan-narrative that SG wanted him to go to Holland and his decision to choose Hibs set him back a bit in the Gaffer's eyes. I don't buy that. I think that his spell at Hibs might have been a set-back in terms of games/performance, but not for reasons related to him passing up Holland.

Think this will be his last chance to make an impression. He has raw talent hopefully he does well and proves himself in Perth. Maybe he can do a shift against Them as well.

Nothing suggests he has knocked back anything, newspaper filler shite doesn’t mean anything mate.

They said clubs were interested, nothing at all to confirm they’ve made contact or met our demands.
I struggle to believe that Gerrard would have allowed the move to Hibs if he didn't approve of it. Even more so this time around as sending a young kid over to Europe during a pandemic for a few months would just be a bit daft

As he has been around for so long, it is easy to forget he only just turned 21. His whole career is still ahead of him, whether it is with us remains to be seen but a loan to a club like St Johnstone is a good move for him. It is top flight football and there is a strong chance he can get regular game time, something he unfortunately didn't get at Hibs.

That's good for him.

Does that mean we now have players in the camps of Aberdeen, Hibs, Livingston, Motherwell, Ross County and now St JohnstoneB-)

For 8 years the beggars have littered other teams with their players. Getting them experience and also disrupting the opposition as they couldnt play v the beggars.

Good to see we are making use of it as well.

Back