Middleton

He looks so far out his depth it’s uncomfortable to watch. He’s young, he may come good, but not as a 1st team player right now. The weight of expectation on him was too great, he needs to go on loan and prove himself (as well as lose a few pounds.)

Not just going from today but think as soon as he is up against anyone who matches him for pace then he doesn't offer much. Will have to add more to his game.

Plenty to moan about after that today.

Middleton should be very low down on that list.

A young boy now suffering from a very promising introduction to the first team.
Yes we need to be more patient with our young player's and make sure as fans we don't play a part in demoralizing them . If they're not good enough that will become apparent and take off to pastures new let's not keep chasing potentia l out the door based on a few patchy month's

Can’t play on the right. Don’t think he could play to his strengths. Needs to isolate a full back and get past him. Kent was rotten today

Middleton looks like a player thats had his full game coached out of him. More worried about recycling possession than doing what we loved when he just came into the team. He’s not the 1st and won’t be the last.

He went backwards after people figured out how to play him.

I said this a while ago but I was talking pish etc. At least others are coming around to the same thinking.
He's hardly featured since helping us win in Perth.

He was poor today but very few were not.

His position certainly isn't right wing either.

He’s not good enough. Regardless of his performance today. I’d like to see Dapo get a chance if we’re going to bring a young forward off the bench. Middleton is a one trick pony of kick and run and he’s no space for that at Rangers.

Looks like he’s been in the gym and lost some of his sharpness as he’s bulked up. Got that big waghorn arse towing it about the pitch

he has stalled since a promising start in europa qualifiers, has barry mckay syndrome now, cutting back and offering nothing going forward.

There's other threads suggesting SG play youth... and here's one criticising Middleton, along with a few snide comments.

The lad was a development signing who forced his way into the first team squad. We got a number of exciting performances including in Europe. Unsurprisingly he's dropped off and looks a little low on confidence.

SG handled McCrorie well. Let's see how Middleton does.

he has pace, thats all, no finesse, skill, he reminds me of Gregg Wylde and that is not really a good thing

I got a bit of grief for making that comparison early on, but I can’t tell the difference. They’re both speed merchants who don’t have the ability to make it work when the opposition sit with everyone behind the ball, or when they’re faced with someone of near equal pace.

Today showed that the boy should be nowhere near a matchday squad.

The whole team were awful but I can’t think of anything he has contributed coming off the bench in months now.

His contribution today was several offsides, overhit passes, several needless fouls.

The boy is woeful if truth be told

A glorified Gregg Wylde, who after 6 months already looks like he’s lost a bit of pace & the ability to run directly at players.

A one trick pony. Looks as if he's put a few stone on too.

I couldn’t believe the size of him today . Surely The players are monitored for weight gain etc ? Certainly at least two stone on from the start of the season .

Having said that I feel Gerrard shouldn’t be throwing a kid on when we are struggling badly , unfair to put that on an 18 year olds shoulders . Bad management .

He’s a kid, still has a way to go.

We have a very bad habit of chucking him on with 10-15 left and asking him to save the day.

That should never ever be the case when giving a youngster some game time.

If our first 11 were capable of building even a two goal lead I reckon his development would be going much better.

We should not be having a thread slagging the lad off. He is very young and has something about him.

However it is totally wrong to put him on as a game changer when the team is sruggling but not give him game time in less pressure circumstances.

We had very poor midfield performance. We were slow and predictable and didn’t work hard enough. Kamara played very well but McCrorie and Davis were poor in possession.

If we had moved the ball quicker passed through them the same way as other teams have done.

Kent and Candieas were average yesterday. But to use Middleton as the game changer isn’t fair.

Yesterday was his 18 th game off the bench. How many times has he made a difference?

Very Gregg Wyldeesque in that they both came into the squad as unknowns who looked pacey and direct, but as soon as teams sussed that they started to look exactly what they are, very limited and one dimensional footballers. Glenn Middleton is a St Johnstone level player.
He wouldn’t get a game for st Johnstone. Came on and hid never made himself available deliberately running the opposite way to avoid getting the ball. Embarrassing performance

He looked a fantastic player when he was first introduced in the team. Looks like he’s lost his confidence though

Today showed that the boy should be nowhere near a matchday squad.

The whole team were awful but I can’t think of anything he has contributed coming off the bench in months now.

His contribution today was several offsides, overhit passes, several needless fouls.

The boy is woeful if truth be told
Utterly shorn of confidence, in contrast to earlier in the season when we played at pace.

Middleton is a young kid who isn't good enough as yet to influence tight games. However the finger shouldn't be pointed at a young lad. Candeias was atrocious, Davis non-existent and Kent ineffectual.

Until we have wide players and midfielders who can create chances and more importantly score regularly then games like yesterday are going to happen time and again.

There is a clamour to spend big on Kent but for me if we are going to blow a huge fee on a winger then I'd want more goals and more influence ongames like yesterday to turn draws into wins

Since a few games in the Europa and against Ayr he’s been no where near the squad and yesterday showed why.
He always looks to have put on a power of weight on also.

Back