Middleton

Alternatively, young player ignores advice from legend of the sport (who happens to be his boss) and chooses not to test himself in a league more suited to his talents and likely better for his development (personal & professional) for the safe option of a team always likely to be in a struggle.
Hibs weren't always likely top be in a struggle. Usually they are pushing for the top 4.

Alternatively, young player ignores advice from legend of the sport (who happens to be his boss) and chooses not to test himself in a league more suited to his talents and likely better for his development (personal & professional) for the safe option of a team always likely to be in a struggle.
What exactly is it about the Eerste Divisie that makes you think it's more of a challenge than the Premiership?

Bearing in mind that we just bodied one of the premier teams in the tier above.

Half the teams in that league are just youth teams of the bigger clubs.

The Netherlands you mean.

Holland makes up two provinces in the Netherlands, North Holland and South Holland. There are a total of 12 provinces.

If we’re talking about provinces, NAC Breda where he was meant to go, is in North Brabant. Not Holland.

I worked in Eindhoven in South Brabant. The Dutch don't give a toss about it being called Holland even though you are right.

What exactly is it about the Eerste Divisie that makes you think it's more of a challenge than the Premiership?

Bearing in mind that we just bodied one of the premier teams in the tier above.

Half the teams in that league are just youth teams of the bigger clubs.

It's a developmental challenge.

Playing in an unfamiliar environ. Living away from your comfort zone, on your own and still giving your best. Playing football at a different tempo, in a league that allows chances for you as an attacker to express yourself and be creative without the worry of lunatics screaming at you to get it in the fucking box.

The Rangers management team agreed with that assessment by the way.

Hibs weren't always likely top be in a struggle. Usually they are pushing for the top 4.

Plenty on here, plenty of HIVS fans and Scottish football commentators were worried enough with their form last season and their signings to predict tough times ahead.

Playing in an unfamiliar environ. Living away from your comfort zone, on your own and still giving your best. Playing football at a different tempo, in a league that allows chances for you as an attacker to express yourself and be creative without the worry of lunatics screaming at you to get it in the fucking box.

So I've heard lots of supposed ITK posters say. I'm sure if they felt that strongly about it, they'd have knocked back the loan offer from Hibs. Nobody here would have been too upset if they had.

I'm all for kids moving away from home to learn how to grow up, but Middleton has already done that. He's moved from Norwich to Glasgow. He doesn't need to develop that part of his personality.

And ultimately, Middleton will live or die by the production he has in the Scottish Premiership, which is why it's perfectly valid to want to continue his development in this league, rather than try to develop in an inferior league where he plays youth teams every other week. He's not going to learn very much by carving up jobber U23 sides.

He shoud have went to play in Holland for a year.

He would have learned so much more and gained life experience.

The junkies from the capital won't support him if it starts to go tits up.

So I've heard lots of supposed ITK posters say. I'm sure if they felt that strongly about it, they'd have knocked back the loan offer from Hibs. Nobody here would have been too upset if they had.

I'm all for kids moving away from home to learn how to grow up, but Middleton has already done that. He's moved from Norwich to Glasgow. He doesn't need to develop that part of his personality.

And ultimately, Middleton will live or die by the production he has in the Scottish Premiership, which is why it's perfectly valid to want to continue his development in this league, rather than try to develop in an inferior league where he plays youth teams every other week. He's not going to learn very much by carving up jobber U23 sides.

Agree with this here. Dutch league could be good for players in space, could still come back to SPFL and flop as it's different football. Good point about him moving away to norwich already. Bashing a teenager for picking something closer to home is something I wouldnt do. I would like Middleton to work out how to break through SPFL jobber defences as that will be useful for when he returns to us. It's similar to christie moving to Aberdeen for me. I want more of our players to go on loan to SPFL clubs.

Agree with this here. Dutch league could be good for players in space, could still come back to SPFL and flop as it's different football. Good point about him moving away to norwich already. Bashing a teenager for picking something closer to home is something I wouldnt do. I would like Middleton to work out how to break through SPFL jobber defences as that will be useful for when he returns to us. It's similar to christie moving to Aberdeen for me. I want more of our players to go on loan to SPFL clubs.
If it was in the Eredivisie then it's a different story.

But it's not. There are teams in that league who pull in an attendance that is equivalent to Stenhousemuir. It's really not a good standard of football when compared to the Premiership.

Surely the legend of the sport has the stroke to reject the bid from the lesser club if they feel it doesn't benefit the player's development?

Plenty on here, plenty of HIVS fans and Scottish football commentators were worried enough with their form last season and their signings to predict tough times ahead.

Then why even entertain the Hibs offer?

From what I have read on here and hear stuff from The Gaffer and the club is that Middleton was all set for The Netherlands but at the last minute Middleton and presumably his agent arranged the loan deal to Hibs and Gerrard and the club went along with it because Middleton wanted it. I believe he may have a young lady that he is walking out with which may be part of the reason he wanted to stay in Scotland.

The Netherlands you mean.

Holland makes up two provinces in the Netherlands, North Holland and South Holland. There are a total of 12 provinces.

If we’re talking about provinces, NAC Breda where he was meant to go, is in North Brabant. Not Holland.

if anybody anywhere ever needed their hole then.....

I think the more players we loan to other SPFL clubs the better. It's weird the amount of players that do pretty well in England then fail up here. I think having them experience the toughness and physicality of the top flight.

It should be remembered the boy is only 19, hadn't played first team football until last season, and still lives with his parents in Pollokshields.
Not really sure that comes in to it as didn’t live with his parents when at Norwich?

Back