Midfield is a problem

Tony75tfc

Our midfield is completly lacking any quality someone who can run at a defence and produce a final ball or a finish .playing morelos up on his own is all well and good if you have midfielders with composer but we lack any .windass is brutal his finishing & final pass is dreadful ,pena offers nothing ,dorrans flatters to deceive at times i would rather have a young lad in there like barjonas or atakayi who will give their all

Dorrans doesn't have the legs to run at anyone. I also constantly see people shouting for McArthur on a bowman. He is the exact same as Dorrans.

I agree, I think we are sadly not functioning properly in midfield.

Personally I would have young McCrorie in there, he has the stature to win the ball in the air, and the physique to bully other players.
Sadly we have to be realistic here, we don't have enough quality that we can ignore the physical side of Scottish football, which is further aggravated by the leniency of referees towards how teams are allowed to play against us.
We need to toughen up.

You always, always have to win the battle before you can win a football match in Scotland.
Something we used to be able to do well.

Ryan Jack was completely over rated after his start to the season.

He failed his first big test - bheggars at Ibrox. We never missed him at McDiarmid Park and today - bar a goal line clearance - he was no where to be seen.

Dorrans doesn’t have the legs to cover three men - the work of his own, Jack and Pena.

It’s a weak, powder puff, disjointed, unorganised mess of midfield in the middle of a garbage defence and weak attack.

Back