Mike Mulraney eyes £250k Fifa vice - presidency role

The Goalie

From Martyn Ziegler's column in the Times today..

Three-way fight to succeed Clarke as Fifa vice-president
There will be a three-way contest for the British Fifa vice-presidency – a position that carries a £250,000-a-year stipend for attending just a few meetings – to succeed England’s Greg Clarke, who resigned last month.

There will be no English candidate this time and Northern Ireland’s David Martin is the frontrunner, with Kieran O’Connor aiming to become the first Welshman to hold the position. The Scottish FA vice-president Michael Mulraney is also standing. There could even be two Welsh representatives on Fifa – the former Sport Wales chairman Laura McAllister is running for the position on Fifa Council reserved for a European woman.

What the fck has this guy ever done in football that merits this position?
Don't say he runs Alloa, there are bigger better run football clubs on my doorstep like Welling and Bromley and I doubt anyone would be pushing for their chairmen to get such a high profile gig?
I certainly hope he doesn't get it, he is no friend of Rangers.

To be fair, this is a standard position. The 4 nations all have a turn as Vice President on Fifa, it’s part of the constitution of Fifa, and so with the English man stepping down, thus the other 3 have to make a bid for it, then they get an agreement to who it is going to be, and possibly who will be next, and then whoever wins heads straight to B&Q for a new door with an extra wide letter box for all the brown envelopes that will arrive.

Don't say he runs Alloa, there are bigger better run football clubs on my doorstep like Welling and Bromley and I doubt anyone would be pushing for their chairmen to get such a high profile gig?
Just a parasite chancing his luck!!!

Just a parasite chancing his luck

FIFA should be made aware of anything shady in his past. With FIFA's recent history they need to be seen as whiter than white, which should rule out Mulraney going by other threads I have seen on this site.

yXNULkG.gif

From Martyn Ziegler's column in the Times today..

Three-way fight to succeed Clarke as Fifa vice-president
There will be a three-way contest for the British Fifa vice-presidency – a position that carries a £250,000-a-year stipend for attending just a few meetings – to succeed England’s Greg Clarke, who resigned last month.

There will be no English candidate this time and Northern Ireland’s David Martin is the frontrunner, with Kieran O’Connor aiming to become the first Welshman to hold the position. The Scottish FA vice-president Michael Mulraney is also standing. There could even be two Welsh representatives on Fifa – the former Sport Wales chairman Laura McAllister is running for the position on Fifa Council reserved for a European woman.
That’s a British FIFA VP role not VP of FIFA right ?

He didnt have enough money to join the celtic board, but was advised to get involved with a club.

Whoever advised him is anybodies guess, but it would be a great final question on who wants to be a millionaire.

The guy aint got 2 bob.
His business/ s are in poor shape.
He has seen a chance to make money in the SFA etc.
Seen a photo/ or on the telly of him walking in a meeting at Hampden.
He pulled serious face which gave me the boak.
He has softened the name to Mike from Mick.

No wonder David Martin is the front runner, the other two "options" should be forced to apologise to every tree they pass for wasting their hard work.

That’s a British FIFA VP role not VP of FIFA right ?
As far as I know, all Vice Presidents of Fifa must be from the home nations, and the President is voted in by the world associations. This is down to the FA being the ruler of all Association Football at the beginning, and so part of the Fifa constitution states that the Vice President must be from the Home nations. I’m sure there was an Irish guy called Boyle who held it before Clarke, but I could well be talking pish.

To be fair, this is a standard position. The 4 nations all have a turn as Vice President on Fifa, it’s part of the constitution of Fifa, and so with the English man stepping down, thus the other 3 have to make a bid for it, then they get an agreement to who it is going to be, and possibly who will be next, and then whoever wins heads straight to B&Q for a new door with an extra wide letter box for all the brown envelopes that will arrive.
But why Mulraney?

Reactions: TQ3
The old Brechin Chairman David Will was Vice President of FIFA for over 15 years, so form for small clubs having folk in high places.

Back