Mike Tresor Ndayishime

Mearns Ranger

Official Ticketer
Bumping this from December/January. We’re going to get to see him and Nunnelly who I spoke about in another thread as well.
Unbelievably, they managed to sign him permanently for £450k, whilst we have paid £3.5m for Hagi, who I think isn’t as good.
Here is another more recent link on him.
I’m a bit worried about what they could do to us on the counter.

I posted about this lad after attending the Ajax v Willem II game last Friday night.
The boy tore Ajax apart last week and has scored the winner tonight away at Heerenveen.
An outstanding finish after pouncing on an error. Go to around 5:40 to see his goal.

Rangers really should be watching this kid. I believe he’s starting to take off.

EDIT on 18/01/2020. This is him scoring the third for them tonight. They’ve now beaten Ajax, Alkmaar and PSV this season. The first two away from home. Again, this boy looked a class act in what I saw of the second half and has scored another stunning goal.
Go to 4:45 in this clip if you just wanna see his goal. Willem II’s second was also a great counter.

Last edited:
Didn't see your previous thread, but this lad seems to be wanted by Bayern...
Yeah someone posted his YouTube clip and it had him in a Bayern kit, but he was nothing to do with them.
Wouldn’t surprise me though from what I’ve seen last week and this!
He is a Belgian U21 international but was released or left Anderlecht just over a year ago I think.
I don’t know his story, but I’m fairly sure we’ll hear loads more about him.
I think he’d be sensational for us!

Last edited:
I remember your thread from last week. What position does he play again Mearns?
He was down on flashscores as centre mid, but he just seemed to be floating around everywhere.
I didn’t notice him doing much defensively, but every time he picked it up he looked athreat. He could be a winger or a number 10!

He's on loan at them from NAC Breda in the erste division. Probably wouldn't be massively expensive
Looking at his history, he left Anderlecht 18 months ago and joined NEC Nijmegen who finished mid table in the Eerste division last year. Now on loan as you say at Willem II.
It all appears a bit strange. I don't know if he was like a problem player or what, but can't believe Anderlecht let him go given what I've seen the last two weeks.

This boy has just scored another worldy tonight.

Made a point of trying to watch them but missed the first half. Willem II have been by far the better team the second half and he's been peripherally involved before scoring a screamer near the end.

He’ll undoubtedly get a big move. Would absolutely love to see him at Ibrox.

I’ve included the link to his goal tonight in the OP.

5 in his last 6 games now as well.

This boy has just scored another worldy tonight.

Made a point of trying to watch them but missed the first half. Willem II have been by far the better team the second half and he's been peripherally involved before scoring a screamer near the end.

He’ll undoubtedly get a big move. Would absolutely love to see him at Ibrox.

I’ve included the link to his goal tonight in the OP.

5 in his last 6 games now as well.
Do you think the striker Pavlidis could be a good fit for us decent record and the poets had rumoured interest

The boy looks class. Listed as an attacking mid on Transfrmarkt and also says Willem have an option to buy. The fee can't be set that high they aren't big spenders.

Do you think the striker Pavlidis could be a good fit for us decent record and the poets had rumoured interest
Funnily enough he looked a bit of a handful At times in the Ajax game, but it was more Ndayishimiye and the other winger Nunnelly who ran them ragged when I watched them in the flesh.
Ndayishimiye played centrally, but floated right and left, demanded the ball and just looked a class act.
I posted in that match thread (I think) that it was so obvious that Ajax shat themselves when he was getting on the ball.
I could also see and hear the panic in the Ajax fans when he picked the ball up and spaces opened up around him.
I’ve made contact with a few people to try to get Ndayishimiye recommended to Ross Wilson.
One’s an agent and the other has a son who did some analyst work for Rangers recently.
I’d love to see us try and get this boy. He’d be the ideal guy to play in our other forward position (although I know Aribo is doing well just now) or even as an attacking midfielder.

Two lovely goals. What sort of fee would be involved given he has been put out on loan?
I have absolutely no idea. I’m not great at navigating that transfermarkt and I know a lot of the stuff on it is bollocks, but I’m sure when I looked before Xmas it had him valued at around £500k, but now it says €1.8m.
It also says his contract is up at the end of the season, but I dunno if that’s his loan contract with Willem II or his actual contract with NEC Nijmegen who own him.

After the success of almost every dutch player who has ever came to the UK it seems strange that we don't appear to be looking closely over there. Have been at a few academies over there that were not even top tier and the standard of player is incredible. Almost entirely focussed on building technical ability.

We are witnessing attention on our own academy players with Gilmour being the most notable.

The money and system Ajax use is to recruit academy levels then create a pathway for them into 1st team.

Have always struggled with the idea that we don't have a ft scout in Holland following all of the development games, there are players over there to be had that can take our model forward.

After the success of almost every dutch player who has ever came to the UK it seems strange that we don't appear to be looking closely over there. Have been at a few academies over there that were not even top tier and the standard of player is incredible. Almost entirely focussed on building technical ability.

We are witnessing attention on our own academy players with Gilmour being the most notable.

The money and system Ajax use is to recruit academy levels then create a pathway for them into 1st team.

Have always struggled with the idea that we don't have a ft scout in Holland following all of the development games, there are players over there to be had that can take our model forward.
I did post in another thread about Ajax. Clearly there’s a lot of jealousy surrounding them, but a lot of Dutchies say that they do hoover up a lot of young talent that’s come from other clubs.
They brought a kid into the team just before Xmas and he scored hat trick on his first start I think.
They also “stole” De Jong for buttons apparently too, so they don’t just have this amazing academy and produce all of their youngsters themselves.

I did post in another thread about Ajax. Clearly there’s a lot of jealousy surrounding them, but a lot of Dutchies say that they do hoover up a lot of young talent that’s come from other clubs.
They brought a kid into the team just before Xmas and he scored hat trick on his first start I think.
They also “stole” De Jong for buttons apparently too, so they don’t just have this amazing academy and produce all of their youngsters themselves.

I completely agree mate, they do a similar approach to chelsea and take a lot of academy players from all over Holland, mostly speculating to accumulate. The point I was trying to make was to perhaps compete with them or possibly the level below with a similar strategy. I believe as obvious as it may appear there is scope for our scouts to make a mark in Holland.

I completely agree mate, they do a similar approach to chelsea and take a lot of academy players from all over Holland, mostly speculating to accumulate. The point I was trying to make was to perhaps compete with them or possibly the level below with a similar strategy. I believe as obvious as it may appear there is scope for our scouts to make a mark in Holland.
Yeah, totally get your point mate. Looks like I’m out here for the foreseeable, so would love to go to more games and do a bit of scouting for us!:)):)):))

Willem II are now sitting third in the Eredivisie - some position for them, they are normally hovering in or about the drop zone. Benefitting from having a decent manager and a load of talented young players in the squad this season.

Funnily enough he looked a bit of a handful At times in the Ajax game, but it was more Ndayishimiye and the other winger Nunnelly who ran them ragged when I watched them in the flesh.
Ndayishimiye played centrally, but floated right and left, demanded the ball and just looked a class act.
I posted in that match thread (I think) that it was so obvious that Ajax shat themselves when he was getting on the ball.
I could also see and hear the panic in the Ajax fans when he picked the ball up and spaces opened up around him.
I’ve made contact with a few people to try to get Ndayishimiye recommended to Ross Wilson.
One’s an agent and the other has a son who did some analyst work for Rangers recently.
I’d love to see us try and get this boy. He’d be the ideal guy to play in our other forward position (although I know Aribo is doing well just now) or even as an attacking midfielder.
Sounds good I've watched the highlights you've mentioned and Nunelly also stands out he looks rapid and has a goal in him we need to move fairly quick if we want any of them or one of the bigger Dutch sides will see the potential and take a chance on them

Sounds good I've watched the highlights you've mentioned and Nunelly also stands out he looks rapid and has a goal in him we need to move fairly quick if we want any of them or one of the bigger Dutch sides will see the potential and take a chance on them
Nunelly was released by Ajax in the summer I think. Perhaps transferred.
If they can let guys like that go, they must have some squad!

I dread to think of some of the spelling mistakes with his name if we ever did sign him.
He would be “Mike” or “Mikey” mate, no doubt about it!:))
I actually spelled his name wrong in the thread title. Missed the iy before the e at the end!:))

Willem II give me the fear, going to be a hard game against them. Pity we couldn't have gotten an easier draw
We will dominate the ball mate, and they’ll probably allow that, but they can counter like %^*& and Ndayishimiye and Nunnelly are very good players and I’m sure they’ll cause us problems.
Another poster on my previous posts also spoke about Pavlidis the striker, and I have to say he also looks the part.
I think we should be better and too strong for them, but they took Ajax apart last year in Amsterdam and beat all the top teams, so they can certainly beat us if we don’t get it right.

We will dominate the ball mate, and they’ll probably allow that, but they can counter like %^*& and Ndayishimiye and Nunnelly are very good players and I’m sure they’ll cause us problems.
Another poster on my previous posts also spoke about Pavlidis the striker, and I have to say he also looks the part.
I think we should be better and too strong for them, but they took Ajax apart last year in Amsterdam and beat all the top teams, so they can certainly beat us if we don’t get it right.

Yea the fact its away from home and a one off tie makes it a bigger challenge for us, i hope we can make it this year we could do with the funds.

It's weird how Scouting works.
I know nothing of this guy but we'll done in obtaining for such a low fee.
You have to wonder if their is a certain snobbery in football. Go for the pricey 'name' Vs a relative cheap unknown.

Took apart?

Ajax had 67% possession and 29 attempts on goal.

Not all about stats obviously but still.....

Back