Miller and Wallace appeals upheld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Miller has tonight said the matter is far from over and he is keeping quite just now. Does that mean he is going to sue for loss of income etc?

Rangers have also said they will review the outcome before taking further steps.

Probably means he's saying nothing until the book deal or exclusive in the Record

It is

It’s also the same board that appointed Pedro and wasted £10m of the fans money and again this season in paying all of his duds off

And in case you missed it, MA isn’t quite away yet ..

Why not just judge things on their individual merit instead of deflecting from real issues by saying “ah but they did this good thing so ..”

Because IMO they are improving through time and learning how to run a massive football club as they go, all the while dipping into their own pockets and taking them away from their other interests for significant periods of time. Nobody’s perfect but “another debacle” portrays them as clueless diddies IMO.

Never met him in my life.

You're looking pretty stupid making accusations without knowing any of the facts mate.

Keep your powder dry, it'll come out soon enough and I don't mean from that prick Jackson either.
I happen to pretty much agree with you, but I seriously doubt anything will ever come out about ut.

Rangers admit they are "surprised" and "disappointed" following the outcome of Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller's disciplinary appeal.

The pair had their appeal upheld by the SPFL against punishment imposed on them by Rangers, after they were both suspended and fined over an alleged row with former boss Graeme Murty in the aftermath of a 4-0 Scottish Cup semi-final defeat by Celtic.

After both being told to stay away from the club, Wallace was hit with the maximum four-week penalty while Rangers ordered Miller to pay back two weeks out of his last ever Ibrox pay packet.

But the striker and defender maintained that no bust-up had taken place, and took their case to the SPFLlast month to contest the punishment.

The league body mulled over the matter for three weeks before Record Sport first told on Wednesday they had found in favour of the veteran duo.

Appearing on BBC Sportsound following the verdict, Miller commented that he had "nothing to add" as he revealed the matter was nowhere near settled.

The SPFL have yet to comment but Rangers were startled by the outcome and disappointed that the decision, they claim, had been leaked before the club had been notified.

A Rangers statement said: "The club is surprised by the decision of the SPFL’s Tribunal on this matter and disappointed that the decision seems to have been leaked before the club were advised of it by the SPFL.

Decisions on such matters deal largely with procedural issues, not the conduct which gave rise to the club’s sanctions.

"The club was only presented with a 40 plus page decision after 4pm this afternoon and will now take some time to consider matters before deciding how to proceed."

Asked to comment on Sportsound, Miller responded: "It's not anywhere near an end so I have to keep my own counsel at the moment and deal with it when the time is right."

Miller didn't play for the club again after being suspended and was released at the end of his contract this summer, while Wallace has entered the final year of his deal.

The left-back was omitted from Rangers' Europa League squad on Wednesday despite being reintroduced to the first-team in recent weeks.

Really wish Rangers hadn't released that statement.

Infact really wish Rangers hadn't let this the whole thing become an issue in the first place.

Right at the very start when Murty first went greeting about HR and all the rest of it - he should have been told in no uncertain terms by the club/board to man the feck up and shut it.

The whole thing is so needless and now, rather than drawing a line under it, the club is going to "take some time to consider matters before deciding how to proceed." Jesus wept just grow up and move on.

Really wish Rangers hadn't released that statement.

Infact really wish Rangers hadn't let this the whole thing become an issue in the first place.

Right at the very start when Murty first went greeting about HR and all the rest of it - he should have been told in no uncertain terms by the club/board to man the feck up and shut it.

The whole thing is so needless and now, rather than drawing a line under it, the club is going to "take some time to consider matters before deciding how to proceed." Jesus wept just grow up and move on.
How about telling Miller to move on,he will get his money by looks of it.?Seems hell bent in taking it further as he is saying this is far from over

Nice move spinning the ex Celtic player bit however you conveniently forgot to mention Lee Wallace the Rangers Captain.
You could say “ how about you back the wet Blanket Murty or the Rangers Captain”
Personally I have no issue with our Captain getting ripped into the players or Murty for that pathetic performance.

John Greig, Terry Butcher, Barry Ferguson etc would all have done exactly the same
Not sure I agree with your last sentence and in particular re John Greig. Butcher was shifted by Souness and Ferguson went against Walter’s wishes when he (Ferguson) was on Scotland duties. Both Butcher and to a lesser extent, Ferguson, found out you do not cross the manager.

I had no problem about Kenny Miller playing for Celtic because he is a professional footballer and not necessarily a Rangers supporter. He went where his next contract was. With the exception of last season, Kenny Miller was a reasonable player for us. No more and no less imo. His attitude last season to his managers (taking account KM was an employee and a player) and his overall form was not acceptable. Whether the poor attitude was because he thought Pedro and Graeme Murty were wasters or whether it donned on KM he was not going to be our next manager I don’t know.

I am just happy that the leaking against Rangers by persons unknown last season (although we may have an idea as to the sources) has stopped. No more bitching from Miller’s agent either.

Wallace and Miller as senior players at our club had a duty to stand up to Murty for his disgraceful display against our biggest rivals.
For some reason a lot of fans have lost the meaning in all this.
Wallace and Miller were very unhappy with how things went and quite rightly challenged Murty.
Did they have a right to do that?
Damn right and it was critical that they did.

Wallace and Miller as senior players at our club had a duty to stand up to Murty for his disgraceful display against our biggest rivals.
For some reason a lot of fans have lost the meaning in all this.
Wallace and Miller were very unhappy with how things went and quite rightly challenged Murty.
Did they have a right to do that?
Damn right and it was critical that they did.

It sounds like a Miller/Wallace vs. Murty episode rather than the players being so upset following a humiliating defeat. After all, I don't recall similar outbursts when we were losing the Ramsden Cup Final, losing 3-2 to Alloa after being 2-0 up, being unable to win promotion from the Championship, previous embarrassments by Celtic etc, etc.

Perhaps the Club should have handled it better, although I'm not entirely sure what the correct process would have been. They stood up for the individual they appointed as caretaker manager.

Painting Miller as somehow who cares so deeply for the Club just seems a little disingenuous.

How about telling Miller to move on,he will get his money by looks of it.?Seems hell bent in taking it further as he is saying this is far from over

Miller is no longer a club employee - Rangers can't control his reaction to this.

Rangers can control their own reaction to this which should be to move the feck on.

I find it bizarre that a lot of people have strong opinions on this and are arguing with each other, despite not having a clue as to what exactly happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back