Missed Hagi yesterday

Orange Jet

I thought we missed Hagi guile yesterday. He seems to find space and more often than not get efforts on target. Creates chances for others when on his game. I don’t think we played too badly yesterday and referee didn’t help with consistently being conned into giving wrong decisions against us and allowing the time wasting .

I was talking about him yesterday - his Covid positive was 7th/8th Of Sept.

so hopefully he will be getting back towards a return to match day squads - we lose a lot of inventiveness with him and Kent (even when not playing to his best) out.

Yeah totally agree he's a midfielder that scores goals and has the killer pass to unlock defences he's been sorely missed .

Yep. Was crying out for his through balls and slide passes etc. Big miss.

He is one of a few who can see an opening and has vision and ability to weigh a pass through.

I was saying yesterday, has Hagi ever had a run of games for us, 6,7,8 games on the bounce? Genuinely can't think of any time thats been the case. He's one of my favourite players for the mere fact that he is capable of brilliance and he will keep trying things time and again even if they're not coming off he doesn't go for the simple side ways pass.

Most fans think hagi is starter, gerrard thinks he’s a rotation player. Personally I think he’s better than aribo in every aspect apart from pace

Games like yesterday are the ones where Hagi can make a difference.
He must be about set for a return to training now though?

Remember the new year game against the scum? When Hagi came on completely changed the game in the 2nd half. He was the bright spark pre season and until that livy hammer thrower injured him.

Hagi is about 4 levels above Scott Wright.
Totally different type of player.

Hagi is arguably the 2nd most gifted player in our squad - only person i reckon who is more naturally gifted is Kent.

Scott Wright is a trier, he's quick and direct - Hagi is neither of those things, but yesterday i would have fancied Hagi to make the difference yesterday, but sadly not.

Hagi is arguably the 2nd most gifted player in our squad - only person i reckon who is more naturally gifted is Kent.

Scott Wright is a trier, he's quick and direct - Hagi is neither of those things, but yesterday i would have fancied Hagi to make the difference yesterday, but sadly not.
He is a trier, which is about all he is, alot of our fan base seem to think that = ability

A few times yesterday moves broke down because of his lack of awareness or touch, his 5 yard pass out of the park for a goal kick a particularly bad one, or watching him trying to control McGregors long pass was akin to Waghorn at Hampden vs them or an elephant trying to trap a balloon

To suggest Hagi isn't, I would say watch his performances this season, tracking runners, pressing from the front, always taking the ball forward.

The only thing Hagi lacks is pace.

Kent is more athletic not more gifted

Hagi and Jack are crucial in most league matches. We could do with having them both fit and available. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer.

He is a trier, which is about all he is, alot of our fan base seem to think that = ability

A few times yesterday moves broke down because of his lack of awareness or touch, his 5 yard pass out of the park for a goal kick a particularly bad one, or watching him trying to control McGregors long pass was akin to Waghorn at Hampden vs them or an elephant trying to trap a balloon

To suggest Hagi isn't, I would say watch his performances this season, tracking runners, pressing from the front, always taking the ball forward.

The only thing Hagi lacks is pace.

That's exactly what I said he's not quick and he's not direct (Hagi) - Hagi is a creator - brilliant on the ball and his speed of thought is arguably the best in the team - he doesn't stretch defences running into space or being direct with running power - for footballing ability Scott Wright is no where near him - but that's not a slight on Wright either as mentioned totally different type of player with totally different skillsets.

I was saying yesterday, has Hagi ever had a run of games for us, 6,7,8 games on the bounce? Genuinely can't think of any time thats been the case. He's one of my favourite players for the mere fact that he is capable of brilliance and he will keep trying things time and again even if they're not coming off he doesn't go for the simple side ways pass.

His start against Braga away was his 7th straight start, he then basically went sub,start, sub start from a while. The longest run of starts he has had for us.

So he was involved either starting or coming on as a sub 25 games in a row around that period.

I thought we missed Hagi guile yesterday. He seems to find space and more often than not get efforts on target. Creates chances for others when on his game. I don’t think we played too badly yesterday and referee didn’t help with consistently being conned into giving wrong decisions against us and allowing the time wasting .
Hope all the ones who were having a go at him will now see what he brings. Ok some things don't come off but he is always looking to go forward and find a pass and willing to have a shot.

Kent, Hagi, Alfie, Aribo need to be on the pitch as much as possible, even out of form they are our sparks to generate chances

Hope all the ones who were having a go at him will now see what he brings. Ok some things don't come off but he is always looking to go forward and find a pass and willing to have a shot
A future of no Kent, Hagi, Morelos didn't look too great yesterday.
I think we all like and rate, Sakala, Roofe and Wright but 2 of those 3 had good games yet we didn't convert more than 1 chance.
2 of the above 3 have a good game we are strolling it. The squad is strong the first XI hasn't improved is definitely what my eyes are now opened up to

Back