Missile throwing

With Celtics history of celebrating in front of opposing teams fans you would think their fans would be more understanding

Has this been commented on by anyone?

It was an absolute disgrace to be honest, simply by angry mentally challengeds who never got their own way.
Just saw it on the news.Will uefa take real action against them for once instead of petty fines. The scotshit press and TV will be all over this............erasing it from footage.

One of the most magnificent throws I have witnessed in a sporting arena. A paper coca cola cup of orange liquid thrown from the copland front.

I think the guy who threw it was a poster on here, and handed himself in later on. From memory the commentators were telling us it could have been filled with ice, Unless Copland is different from every other stand the drink wouldn't contain ice and would even be a tepid temperature.

Can’t really blame the stewards for manhandling the players. They are paid for by Celtic and are obviously told in briefings if anything like that happens to do it. We obviously don’t tell our stewards similar

I disagree.

They do it every time any opposition team is celebrating close to the fans. As mentioned, that is not their job. It doesn't happen at other grounds. The stewards are there to steward the fans.

Check the looks on the Cluj players faces when the stewards started pushing them. It is not normal behaviour.

If player safety is the issue then it should be addressed properly before it's too late. If player safety is not the issue then the stewards should be told to butt out and do what is done everywhere else, which is to allow the match officials to control the players and their celebrations.

It was on Reporting Scotland at lunchtime (Excuse - Catriona Shearer was the newsreader).
Clear as day who threw the cup of whatever and also a guy throwing a coin to the left of the Cluj players about 5 rows in. I didn’t record it but will be interesting if it appears tonight.

I
I disagree.

They do it every time any opposition team is celebrating close to the fans. As mentioned, that is not their job. It doesn't happen at other grounds. The stewards are there to steward the fans.

Check the looks on the Cluj players faces when the stewards started pushing them. It is not normal behaviour.

If player safety is the issue then it should be addressed properly before it's too late. If player safety is not the issue then the stewards should be told to butt out and do what is done everywhere else, which is to allow the match officials to control the players and their celebrations.

I don’t disagree agree with you mate they should be no where near the players. But I’ve worked as a steward. The same companies steward nearly every ground. G4s, secruity Scotland, sgl, garrion etc. The same stewards work at parkhead Ibrox motherwell etc I’ve worked at every ground in Glasgow. It doesn’t happen at other grounds because clubs don’t tell them to interfere. It happens at Celtic most likely because Celtic tell them to do so. And at the end of the day Celtic are paying for the service. I don’t think the same stewarding company just decide to have a different policy at different grounds

The shrieking Timpanzees throwing shit around ? Who'd have thought it ?

Correct, but what we should be noting is that the filmage has been shut down because the filth have people on the job all the time.

While we don't want to be anything like them, we could learn a lot from how they step in and take charge almost instantly. I'd wager as soon as it was mentioned by Rangers fans on here or any other Rangers fan website, they were on the case.

Anything painting them as they are is verboten. Of course a very compliant, scum shower of malleable media also helps.

Yes, noticed that when I saw a clip of the winning goal. Not on the agenda of the Scottish Media to mention this so it will be swept under the carpet. I'm sure UEFA will have noted it tho.
If it had been rolled up paper the papist media would have been all over it for days and as for Eufa reporting it why bother Irish Delaney will see its another poultry fine.

I don't think any of the media have covered it that I have seen. Which is very poor - hopefully the Romanian authorities have perhaps picked up on it. That said, I think Celtic have a get out jail card when it comes to UEFA. Worst they could expect is a couple of grand fine.

Correct, but what we should be noting is that the filmage has been shut down because the filth have people on the job all the time.

While we don't want to be anything like them, we could learn a lot from how they step in and take charge almost instantly. I'd wager as soon as it was mentioned by Rangers fans on here or any other Rangers fan website, they were on the case.

Anything painting them as they are is verboten. Of course a very compliant, scum shower of malleable media also helps.

2-40 seconds in here and the missiles are thrown. UEFA will have video footage of every game played last night. The Scottish media won't be contacting them. That's a certainty.

Between that last night and Alfie, clear as day, being called a monkey at Kilmarnock, not a peep.

There is a definite separate rule for us.
Was Alfredo racially abused by the Kilmarnock fans and if so that is f####n disgraceful.

Do you?

We are discussing the fact missiles were thrown and the media or anyone else haven’t reported it.

Fare basically have a f.ucking season ticket for our ground and are waiting to pounce.

Do you honestly think if we had done this last night it would have went unnoticed?

Didn't say that anywhere in my post, bit of a jump there. As you mention FARE have a season ticket at Ibrox and we have idiots throwing missiles. We'll get hammered and THEY'll get away with it.

I

I don’t disagree agree with you mate they should be no where near the players. But I’ve worked as a steward. The same companies steward nearly every ground. G4s, secruity Scotland, sgl, garrion etc. The same stewards work at parkhead Ibrox motherwell etc I’ve worked at every ground in Glasgow. It doesn’t happen at other grounds because clubs don’t tell them to interfere. It happens at Celtic most likely because Celtic tell them to do so. And at the end of the day Celtic are paying for the service. I don’t think the same stewarding company just decide to have a different policy at different grounds

Yes, you're right. I meant that I disagree that it should be happening at all, whatever the reason. I don't disagree with your rationale. I should have made that clearer, sorry.

Anyone got the cahoonas (I haven't) for phoning up RC radio or BBC shortbread to ask their views on missile throwing at the piggery - should they be fined by UEFA?

Also to ask why it wasn't reported in any of the newspapers that pollute this hate filled little country when the video footage is clear as day who threw them - one was even in his seat at the time.

Would be nice to hear them wriggle out of that one!

Just posted a thread.

Anyone got the cahoonas (I haven't) for phoning up RC radio or BBC shortbread to ask their views on missile throwing at the piggery - should they be fined by UEFA?

Also to ask why it wasn't reported in any of the newspapers that pollute this hate filled little country when the video footage is clear as day who threw them - one was even in his seat at the time.

George, you and I know they won't be allowed the airwaves.

Back