Missing Rangers fan

BBC1 Reporting Scotland just reported on Gregor been missing. Hope for a happy outcome for his family and friends.

I sat & cried my eyes out for about an hour earlier,

I’m off with a few 7’s lads to help try & look for him!

Massive respect to you and your mates for joining in the search for the lad. Chin up brother yous are all a bunch of great people. Hopefully the boy is found safe and returned home to his family who must be absolutely worries sick beyond belief right now.

Massive respect to you and your mates for joining in the search for the lad. Chin up brother yous are all a bunch of great people. Hopefully the boy is found safe and returned home to his family who must be absolutely worries sick beyond belief right now.

Thanks for the kind words

the stigma of mental health problems in guys IS a huge problem, no matter how any guys front up

i really hope Gibby is found, i am really concerned

Men not talking about their problems is such a big issue, it has always been a big problem

the depression and help thread in the lounge has been a great help to myself and alot of rangers fans

Checked in hoping for some good news on Gibby. Praying he is found safe and well.

Like everyone else I keep dialling in to this thread and hoping for good news. I don’t know Gibby personally at all, but sincerely hope that he is OK and that he and his family know how many people care and want to see him home safe.

Seen this on Twitter, can’t imagine what the family are going through.

Really hope there’s a good outcome for them.

Walked it from Kelvin Bridge to Thistles stadium, then from Lambhill stables to The Stables in Kirkintilloch searching for him. We then walked up to Tintock Road and began searching the woodland across from the canal walkway just in case he had crossed the canal over to the other side. We lost the light and decided to call it a night, we had been active since 11am.

Just wish we had been successful and found him but no way are we giving up on him, I’ll do the same every day if it means finding our friend and team mate.

i am hoping and praying that he is found safe and well. I played FF11’s with him back when it started and kept in contact ever since.

Like others, this has hit hard and I’m worried sick for the wee man. If anyone else feels like they can’t talk to anybody but just need someone to listen to them about anything at all, then please message me. This is happening way too much now to guys roundabout the same age as me.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread.

Every time it comes to the top of the board I hope for good news.

He will be home soon.

@Mathias you are some guy.

Doing likewise, just hoping that each time I do I read some positive news.

As has been said mental health and the resultant depression is a massive problem within the male population. Until we shake off the stigma and can talk openly about our problems the condition will only get worse.

Thoughts are with the lads family at this trying time, fingers crossed for a happy outcome.

That tv appeal by his partner is heartbreaking, god only knows what they must be going through. I hope they get the outcome they are hoping for, my heart goes out to them.

Walked it from Kelvin Bridge to Thistles stadium, then from Lambhill stables to The Stables in Kirkintilloch searching for him. We then walked up to Tintock Road and began searching the woodland across from the canal walkway just in case he had crossed the canal over to the other side. We lost the light and decided to call it a night, we had been active since 11am.

Just wish we had been successful and found him but no way are we giving up on him, I’ll do the same every day if it means finding our friend and team mate.
I done Twechar to Craigmarloch yesterday but didn’t stray much from the main paths as I was on my own and conditions weren’t great.
Great effort from you and the boys

At this time of the year the canal is like argyle street with the amount of walkers and cyclists on it

This really isn’t looking good that not one person has seen him since the initial sighting at Twechar, I hope to %^*& he’s bedded down somewhere in a farm or something clearing his head.

At this time of the year the canal is like argyle street with the amount of walkers and cyclists on it

This really isn’t looking good that not one person has seen him since the initial sighting at Twechar, I hope to %^*& he’s bedded down somewhere in a farm or something clearing his head.
It was very quiet yesterday but the weather was miserable

I’ve only known Gregor from following Rangers but he is genuinely a good guy and I mean that. From a good family also which my heart goes out to right now.

I’m checking this every hour and the last thing at night and first thing in the morning. I can’t imagine what his wife, brother Scott, Mum, Dad and what the rest of his close family and friends are going through.

If by some chance you see this message Gregor come home mate please there’s so many people that love you.

People bang on about other things in Scotland and the UK but there must be something that can be done for people who get into feeling like there’s no hope or help for how they feel :(.

Don’t know the guy but I’ve shared the appeal on my Twitter.

Quite alarming that no one has spotted him yet but hoping he turns up safe.

Feel so helpless being down south, as I would have done something to help otherwise, will pray for his return safely, keep up the good work guys.

Last edited:
Appeared on my facebook many times.Hope to feck the lad is alright but as days go by I'm more worried for him.

Back