MLS Thread

My understanding from what I read last weekend, and others feel free to correct me, is they're building a stadium on the spot of the Fort Lauderdale stadium. They'll play there for two years then move to the 'Miami Freedom' or something like that, stadium, the precise location of which is yet to be determined.

From a British perspective, building a stadium for two years seems like a gross extravagance....but things are different in America.

Are Inter Miami paying for both stadiums themselves. I know quite a lot of stadiums in the states were built by the city and funded by the taxpayer, but wasn’t sure if that still happened.

Are Inter Miami paying for both stadiums themselves. I know quite a lot of stadiums in the states were built by the city and funded by the taxpayer, but wasn’t sure if that still happened.

I think the city still contributes...there will be a lot of different contributors to the new one they build in Miami as it's meant to have a shopping mall, cinema etc all built into it so I imagine lots of vested interests are involved.

Standings after week two:

fS9ewaq.png

Last edited:
MLS starts again today at 2pm. New York City vs Philadelphia Union. Live on Sky Sports Football. Will post the teams shortly.

1 former player in each team. Zelalem benched for NYC and Bedoya starting for Union.

I'd have thought Zelalem would have stood out more in that league to be honest.

Bedoya has done really well for the Union. He is their captain and had a great season last year.

Anyone fancy a flutter, btts, two bookings each and five corners each is 9/1 on Skybet. Usually lots of goals and corners in these games.

FYI for those who like a punt on the MLS. I made quite a bit backing under 0.5 goals in the first half for the first couple of weeks of the EPL.

Both MLS games so far have finished 0-0 at half time. Due to the normally high amount of goals in the league under 0.5 first half goals is normally over 2/1 which means you only need 1 out of 3 to win for profit.

I don't fancy it as much for this league as the defending is terrible but with the lack of friendlies teams take a while to get going so it will be worthwhile for the first gameweek at least.

@Cambuslang Bear where are these games televised usually ?. I often just bet on them and watch through the 365 app.

Usually on Sky Sports bud. Google football on tv today and there is a website that tells you every single game that is on the TV. I think Eurosport cover the odd game as well. If you have an 'alternative' way of watching sport, then the Canadian channel TSN usually has every game on as well.

Back